Conference Call with Ego Ferguson - Bothering Me

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by strockrocks, May 10, 2014.

1. strockrocks

strockrocks
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    I rarely start posts. But after waking up and still being a bit upset, I need to vent. If nobody else agrees with me, that's fine but I can't shake this conference call. I absolutely refuse to listen to it again so if I'm a bit off, I apologize.

This interview was possibly the worst I have heard in a LONG time. Here's a young kid (Ego) that JUST got drafted in the 2nd round, totally pumped to land with the Bears and the dumb asses who were doing the conference call basically just tore him apart.

No congratulations, how do you feel about being a Bear; just DRILLING him about his mother. I can understand the first question, it was a basic question about his mom. The ass wouldn't let it ago. He comes back to the topic of his mother THREE times, asking him questions like a court room. "What was your mother's job and how did she hurt herself?" They get back to a little football with attacking questions like, "Ego, people are saying you are a huge reach; what do you say about that?". I can live with that question. Then, the ass says, "I want to go back to your mother. What is her name and how do you spell it? Is that really necessary in his conference call??????I was completely embarrased for him. At some point, it sounded like Ego was getting a bit emotional and finally said, "Look, I just want to help my momma". I would have been defensive as well if I was Ego.

I don't know; maybe if I listened to it again, I would have a different opinion this morning. I just want to find Ego and apologize for his welcome to the Bears. I thought it was a rough start for him and see a bright future for the kid. I wouldn't have answered "Yes, sir" to any of these idiots but he did. Combined with the Sutton pick, these 2 can be part of a solid future.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. riczaj01

riczaj01
    Expand Collapse
    DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

I only listened to the sound bites, so I guess I got lucky that I didn't listen to it. I tried but the stumbling out of the first question didn't speak well to how it was going to go.

Needless to say, The answer he gave to the question about a huge reach is all I care about that conference call. That answer is so full of win that I liked the pick even more then when it happened.

go to chicagobears.com and see the NFLN profile on him and then listen to the Bears scout on him and you'll be all sorts of excited for this kid

3. The Benjamin

The Benjamin
    Expand Collapse
    George Halas
    Staff Member

Okay, whats the deal with his mother and why was he being attacked bout her by one guy?

4. BSBEARS

BSBEARS
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler

I'll bite, what is the story with his mom, I know nothing

5. BSBEARS

BSBEARS
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler

I'll bite, what is the story with his mom, I know nothing

6. dachuckster

dachuckster
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler
    SuperFan

The only conference call I can find is the one on the Bears website. It has nothing about his family. Stockrocks, is there a link to the one you are talking about??

Forget about it ... just realized I was listening to Sutton's conference call. Doh!

7. strockrocks

strockrocks
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

Needless to say, The answer he gave to the question about a huge reach is all I care about that conference call. That answer is so full of win that I liked the pick even more then when it happened.

Agreed. I'm putting this in bold letters and hanging it up somewhere..

"WATCH OUT FOR ME. THAT'S ALL I CAN SAY"

Next week, over 600 pounds of DL help will be walking into Halas Hall, both with chips on their shoulders with big upside. I love it.

#7 strockrocks, May 10, 2014
    Last edited: May 10, 2014
    • Like Like x 2
  8. riczaj01

riczaj01
    Expand Collapse
    DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

for those that don't know, Ego was expected to return to college next year, and many mocks had him going in the 1st round of the 2015 draft, but his mother got hurt and for some reason cannot work so Ego decided to go into the NFL draft early.

There is some speculation that the reason he didn't go to the bowl or travel w/the team was that he had signed w/an agent which made him unable to go w/the team.

• Like Like x 1
  9. strockrocks

strockrocks
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

His mom worked at a juvenile detention center and was trying to break up a fight; messed up her back and is on disability.

That sucks.

#9 strockrocks, May 10, 2014
    Last edited: May 10, 2014
    • Like Like x 3
  10. The Benjamin

The Benjamin
    Expand Collapse
    George Halas
    Staff Member

Much respect for the young man. Gave up likely millions to help his mother out but coming out early.

Great for him.

But if he was projected to be a 1st rounder next year, and the Bears got him a year early for less could be a massive steal for the Bears too.

• Like Like x 6