Conference Call with Ego Ferguson - Bothering Me

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by strockrocks, May 10, 2014.

1. strockrocks

strockrocks Veteran

Ratings:
    +218 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    31ß
    I rarely start posts. But after waking up and still being a bit upset, I need to vent. If nobody else agrees with me, that's fine but I can't shake this conference call. I absolutely refuse to listen to it again so if I'm a bit off, I apologize.

This interview was possibly the worst I have heard in a LONG time. Here's a young kid (Ego) that JUST got drafted in the 2nd round, totally pumped to land with the Bears and the dumb asses who were doing the conference call basically just tore him apart.

No congratulations, how do you feel about being a Bear; just DRILLING him about his mother. I can understand the first question, it was a basic question about his mom. The ass wouldn't let it ago. He comes back to the topic of his mother THREE times, asking him questions like a court room. "What was your mother's job and how did she hurt herself?" They get back to a little football with attacking questions like, "Ego, people are saying you are a huge reach; what do you say about that?". I can live with that question. Then, the ass says, "I want to go back to your mother. What is her name and how do you spell it? Is that really necessary in his conference call??????I was completely embarrased for him. At some point, it sounded like Ego was getting a bit emotional and finally said, "Look, I just want to help my momma". I would have been defensive as well if I was Ego.

I don't know; maybe if I listened to it again, I would have a different opinion this morning. I just want to find Ego and apologize for his welcome to the Bears. I thought it was a rough start for him and see a bright future for the kid. I wouldn't have answered "Yes, sir" to any of these idiots but he did. Combined with the Sutton pick, these 2 can be part of a solid future.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +3,583 / 10 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,782ß
    I only listened to the sound bites, so I guess I got lucky that I didn't listen to it. I tried but the stumbling out of the first question didn't speak well to how it was going to go.

Needless to say, The answer he gave to the question about a huge reach is all I care about that conference call. That answer is so full of win that I liked the pick even more then when it happened.

go to chicagobears.com and see the NFLN profile on him and then listen to the Bears scout on him and you'll be all sorts of excited for this kid
  3. The Benjamin

The Benjamin George Halas Staff Member

Ratings:
    +2,149 / 7 / -9
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,541ß
    Okay, whats the deal with his mother and why was he being attacked bout her by one guy?
  4. BSBEARS

BSBEARS Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +919 / 4 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,081ß
    I'll bite, what is the story with his mom, I know nothing
  5. BSBEARS

BSBEARS Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +919 / 4 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,081ß
    I'll bite, what is the story with his mom, I know nothing
  6. dachuckster

dachuckster Veteran SuperFan

Ratings:
    +341 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    174ß
    The only conference call I can find is the one on the Bears website. It has nothing about his family. Stockrocks, is there a link to the one you are talking about??

Forget about it ... just realized I was listening to Sutton's conference call. Doh!
  7. strockrocks

strockrocks Veteran

Ratings:
    +218 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    31ß
    Needless to say, The answer he gave to the question about a huge reach is all I care about that conference call. That answer is so full of win that I liked the pick even more then when it happened.

Agreed. I'm putting this in bold letters and hanging it up somewhere..

"WATCH OUT FOR ME. THAT'S ALL I CAN SAY"

Next week, over 600 pounds of DL help will be walking into Halas Hall, both with chips on their shoulders with big upside. I love it.
    Last edited: May 10, 2014
    • Like Like x 2
  8. riczaj01

Ratings:
    +3,583 / 10 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,782ß
    for those that don't know, Ego was expected to return to college next year, and many mocks had him going in the 1st round of the 2015 draft, but his mother got hurt and for some reason cannot work so Ego decided to go into the NFL draft early.

There is some speculation that the reason he didn't go to the bowl or travel w/the team was that he had signed w/an agent which made him unable to go w/the team.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. strockrocks

strockrocks Veteran

Ratings:
    +218 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    31ß
    His mom worked at a juvenile detention center and was trying to break up a fight; messed up her back and is on disability.

That sucks.
    Last edited: May 10, 2014
    • Like Like x 3
  10. The Benjamin

Ratings:
    +2,149 / 7 / -9
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,541ß
    Much respect for the young man. Gave up likely millions to help his mother out but coming out early.

Great for him.

But if he was projected to be a 1st rounder next year, and the Bears got him a year early for less could be a massive steal for the Bears too.
    • Like Like x 6
  11. Moth

Moth Rookie

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    13ß
    Not from the area, but who are these guys, aside from terrible interviews?

"What is the story behind your nickname?"
    "That's my real name"

Who does that little research before an interview?
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Chicago_66

Chicago_66 Veteran

Ratings:
    +408 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    98ß
    One of those rare instances where coming out early isn't a terrible thing. If anything it's a sign of great character. I think he's ready to grind and put in the work required of an NFL player. He wants to provide for his family, sounds like a mature dude who will do what it takes to succeed. As I said earlier.. we just got first round talent in all three rounds. That's my kind of start to a draft. Lets finish strong and hopefully find a gem or two buried in these later rounds.
    • Like Like x 2
  13. The Benjamin

Ratings:
    +2,149 / 7 / -9
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,541ß
    Idiots who want to be the center of attention. Look at the Super Bowl Media Day
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Chicago_66

Chicago_66 Veteran

Ratings:
    +408 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    98ß
    Makes me think I'm in the wrong line of work when I listen to some of these questions. I could come up with waaay better questions that are.. you know.. actually relevant to football.
  15. riczaj01

Ratings:
    +3,583 / 10 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,782ß
    If you listen to the Bears scout break him down, he said that when he was there the HC walks away from the field for some reason, and Ego has the guys still on the field running drills, and all the players and coaches said he'll put in any amount of work to learn and do what he needs to do.
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Chicago_66

Chicago_66 Veteran

Ratings:
    +408 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    98ß
    With his potential and that work ethic I see good things on the horizon. He'll have a C on his chest before we know it.
  17. riczaj01

Ratings:
    +3,583 / 10 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,782ß
    I agree Chi66, I would've liked to see Nix there, but I fully understood the Ego pick, he's got a ton of potential to be a stud NT. And he's got all the reason in the world to want to put in the work to reach that potential.
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Position Coach

Ratings:
    +2,266 / 10 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,659ß
    Good thing Suttons conference call said nothing about Ferguson's mother then.
  19. BearJim

BearJim Veteran SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +167 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    66ß
    The more I hear about him the more excited & proud I am to have this kid represent the Bears. Young men with good character are getting harder & harder to find. I have to say I'm really pumped about our draft so far. Hopefully Emery & Co keep it going today.
  20. riczaj01

Ratings:
    +3,583 / 10 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,782ß
    ya the kid has all the mental and althletic capabilities in the world, and he wasn't in any shape way or form a reach...unless you're under the impression that the team is still going to run Lovie's Cover who D, which they aren't, I know it's hard to give it up and accept not knowing but some have to.