considering becoming a bears fan.

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by Hircine, Oct 2, 2013.

1. Hircine

Hircine Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    Here's the thing: I'm alreadyca bulls fan. I don't have a hockey team,but am considering following the black hawks due to the Chicago connection with the bulls (I know, different sports, but still.)

I honestly don't watch baseball. But might start,don't know.

I do,however,watch a ton of football. And I've had a rather rough time with previous teams. I've been through three teams bow,trying to find the team I can connect with. First was the rams,then the chargers,and most recently the cowboys. Rams I did because of one of my cousins,chargers because I really don't know, and the cowboys because if cousins on my dads side.

Really,I've never not had influence in teams. It was subconciously,of course. No one actually forced me to do anything.

So now im on a quest of self discovery to find my team. I admit that the bears didn't jump to mind until recently,but they are one of the most accomplished teams in NFL. And they do share the city of my fav. Basketball team. And so on.

So,i turn to you,bears faithful. Please educate me and give me your sell for the bears.

(Don't hit me,but the other team I am considering is the lions *duck*) :)

2. Bearstuff

Bearstuff Yes, in the woods.
    Staff Member SuperFan

Ratings:
    +1,370 / 3 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    757ß
    While I'm sure lots of folks can give you a long and convincing list of reasons, I only have these two things to say.

1)Which team you are a fan of is a consequence of who you watch, even when they play poorly. Otherwise, you are a fan of the fad team.

2)Chicago is the oldest team in the league and first champion. The rest of the story is filled with ups and downs that make for great dinner table fodder. Still, you never forget your (the league's) first.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Hircine

Hircine Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Yeah. I'm just trying to keep a open,clear mind. I didn't really watch any one particular team over the other. I obviously I watched the team I was rooting for at the time. But I was never drawn to one by just naturally watching one team over the other think.

4. Bearstuff

Staff Member SuperFan

Ratings:
    +1,370 / 3 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    757ß
    How about this? More Bears are members of the Hall of Fame than any other team.

5. Hircine

Hircine Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Is it normal to become a fan because of the past,though. I do admire their history. And it is a team to be proud of because of all the greats.

6. Bearstuff

Staff Member SuperFan

Ratings:
    +1,370 / 3 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    757ß
    I'm not sure what is normal. For me, I became a fan of the team because of a family member getting me to watch, then being mesmerized by Walter Payton. I didn't want to talk about the present, because I assumed you (like everyone) have access to ESPN, NFLN, Fox Sports 1, etc. Why tell you about things you can see for yourself. My take was to tell you what may not have been obvious.

I do think history has influence on a fan base. Geography has influence on a fan base. TV broadcasts have influence. Off the field issues with players has influence.

Whatever floats your boat.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Wolfman

Wolfman Assistant Head Coach

Ratings:
    +1,867 / 10 / -4
    ßearz ßuckz:
    178ß
    I picked my soccer team because it was one of the two teams on a FIFA game demo I played...how or who you pick is not important, staying with that pick is what matters...something you clearly need to work on...

I am as loyal to Chelsea FA as anyone born in the shadow of Stamford Bridge...

• Like Like x 5
  8. DaTreeBears

DaTreeBears Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +764 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    524ß
    If you enjoy on certain occasions wearing a paper bag on your head they would be my pick.

9. Jimmors

Jimmors The Rhymenoceros
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +5,271 / 9 / -6
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,976ß
    Technically, that honor rests with the Akron Pros:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_NFL_champions_(1920–69)

10. Jimmors

Jimmors The Rhymenoceros
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +5,271 / 9 / -6
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,976ß
    This is a good a time as any to become a new Bears fan, we have a brand new HC, a new GM, and we will be experiencing a roster turnover as we replace our aging vets. So...the team itself is becoming "new" as well, so you can identify more easily with the team (for example: some long time fans were upset about how the Brian Urlacher situation was handled, whereas you do not have this issue).

And ask yourself this question: how do the colors green and yellow make you feel?