considering becoming a bears fan.

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by Hircine, Oct 2, 2013.

1. The Benjamin

The Benjamin Bear Down Staff Member

Not sure if this has been asked yet.... where do you live? What team's game is on TV every Sunday?

That is likely the team you would most easily be able to relate with as they are the team you see most often
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Bearstuff

Bearstuff Yes, in the woods. Staff Member

3. Jimmors

Jimmors The Rhymenoceros SuperFan

pfft. Its the internet age, locations are over rated thanks to NFL Sunday ticket, live streams, torrents, etc.

But fine, i have this settled for you Hircine:

Become a Bears fan because i guarantee you won't find a better NFL Team fans message board. Boom. Done.
    • Like Like x 5
  4. Jimmors

And i can understand where youre coming from. I love College Football, but i do not have a "team" to call my own, so i don't have one to root for week in and week out (which is a bigger deal in CFB), so i usually just end up cheering for the underdogs. Or any team thats not Alabama. (hate Nick Saban).
  5. 4th and 26

4th and 26 Staff Member

Find a reason to like a team and stick to it, I like the bears because as a kid I liked watching Walter Payton play. I am a cubs fan and my team sucks but they have their good years. I am blackhawks fan and I can say my team was good and had some very bad year. The former owner had to die and the current owner turned this team around. Either way I enjoy watching the bears and blackhawks.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Ojibway Bob

Ojibway Bob

hmm It is a hard choice I think....I am up here in Toronto Canada and unfortunately the Bills are the big team for geographical location. But for myself? I gotta admit I was a bandwagon jumper back in 85....hell I didnt even know the difference between the CFL and the NFL.....Almost 30 years later( Wow I am getting up there) and alot of heartache, I am proud to be a BEARS fan!!!!!!!!

and I do plan on getting my sorry arse down to the Windy City and see a game on the beloved Sacred ground of Football and shed a tear for the Bears, The greatest in past ,present and FUTURE!!!!!!
    NOW BRING ON THE SUPER BOWL.....WE OWE MANNING A BEATING!!!!!!!
  7. jackiejokeman

jackiejokeman

Why be a BEARS fan ? Because you either ARE or you ARENT.
    But the ARE part of it ... because whats going to happen next !
    7-1 thru last season. Ended up 10-6. HC is gone ... geezez VETS are gone.
    3-1 thru 4 games ...
    Theres somthing going on here thats worth coming along for the ride in the first time in years.
    Its going to get nuts.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Hircine

Hircine

I live near Los Angeles. We don't have a football team. So I'd have to root for one of the other California teams, and I don't like any of them.

I don't hate myself enough to be a raiders fan, I already left the chargers, and I'm not really feeling the 49ers. It's weird. I don't even like any California hockey or basketball team except maybe the ducks. But I'm not even a fan, I just kinda keep a ear out of how they do.

Chicago seems like such a great sports city. You got the bears, the black hawks, the white sox and cubs, and you got the bulls. Maybe I don't like that there's so many choices in California? Don't know.
  9. jackiejokeman

jackiejokeman

:pamela:
    Hey Hircine,

JJ lives near L.A. also ... welcome ABOARD BEARS FAN ! And yes you can be a Raiduhs fan also.

The last legitimate L.A. NFL Football team. As Tommy Lasorda would say : You just gotta beleive.

Somday we are going to gat a TEAM back in L.A. After having TWO.
  10. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston

Yeah... But you shouldn't really hold that against us.
  11. Wolfman

Wolfman

Just pick a team already...this over analyzing you're doing is probably why you've already burned through three other "teams"...your team is picked from the heart, not your head...your head will always tell you there's a better team to follow, your heart will tell your head to F-off...
    • Like Like x 3
  12. ticat

ticat

One reason- Trestman's is going to take the bears to the promised land.
    • Like Like x 1
  13. 4dabers

4dabers

Wolfie, I gotta say that your avatar is really giving me the creeps, but I love your comment here; spot on.;)
    • Like Like x 2
  14. omc1969

omc1969

I live in the absolutely WORST place to be a Bears fan. Northern Wisconsin where I have to put up with both Viking AND Packer fans. Yet here I am after all these years and I'm probably one of the oldest on the board. Speaking of which this IS the best board in all of sports. That's my take so I'll finish by saying that if you come on board you will NOT be disappointed.
    ;)
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Jimmors

I live in Vegas. Location doesnt matter. We live in the digital age, and teams travel all over the country. I last got to see the Bears play in Arizona against the Cardinals last December.
  16. omc1969

omc1969

FYI Jackie ....... JJ lives in Golden Colorado. Unless he sold his business and moved recently.
    :D
  17. Nate8727

Nate8727

Most fans of any team grew up or were influenced by their parents or family. I've been a bears fan since I was about 5.

The best piece of advice I can give you is the team chooses the fan. When you know, you know.
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Ski-Whiz

Ski-Whiz What? Me Worry? Staff Member

Become a Jacksonville Jaguars fan... There's no better way to appreciate a win, than with a team most likely going 0-16.. :D
  19. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 SuperFan

I have a lot of respect for fans that stick with their team through horrific times. In my town, there are a ton of bandwagon fans. They always sport the jersey of whomever is the hot team. When the Steelers were hot, the Pit jerseys were everywhere.........Giants, Green Bay, Patriots.....just the "flavor of the year" thing. I hate that.

When I see a guy with a cap, t-shirt....anything, that is a team (any sport) that hasn't won big in a long time, I do respect the perseverance. It's "real" and not the phony stuff.

Of course, maybe that's because, as a Bears fan, there have been a lot of real crappy years (I thought I'd die after '63 through the 70's. You'd watch the games to see your favorite player, but not to see wins (you'd go to games KNOWING they'd lose) but to see maybe Butkus kick some butt, or Sayers show some flash....and later years it was Walter. But no super bowls. Just the lone one in '85 that we cling to over a quarter century later. Yeah, gotta respect fans like the Jaguar fans. I do respect the die hard ones.

p.s. This is off-topic, Ski, but thanks for upgrading the message board software. This is really good stuff. The bee's knees :-)
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Ojibway Bob

Ojibway Bob

So true JABF....like I said in an earlier post...I started out a band wagoneer in 85.....but WOW its been a tough 25+ years since.....up in Toronto where we have no home team(unless Buffalo counts) everywhere you look is Eagles,Redskin, and im betting Chiefs hats and jerseys.....it is all about the big fad and who is the new big deal this year.... so sad
    • Like Like x 2