considering becoming a bears fan.

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by Hircine, Oct 2, 2013.

1. jackiejokeman

jackiejokeman Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +229 / 2 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    626ß
    The best thing about DAA BEARSSE is tradition with a forward look.
    The worst thing about the Cubs is tradition with a forward look.
    Even the Red Sox got over it.
    The Cubs former FARM TEAM ... the Angels won before the Cubs.
    BLACKHAWKS
    BULLS
    WHITE SOX
    BEARS
    All WORLD CHAMPIONS in terms compared to the Cubs ... RECENTLY!
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  2. Hircine

Hircine Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Maybe I should just continue being a Cowboys fan?

The reason I became a Cowboys fan was mainly due to my cousins. I thought maybe if I became a Cowboys fan, I'd be able to watch games with them or something. Problem is, that hasn't happened because they're all in their 30s and have lives and family of their own.

I don't think that was the only reason, but me looking up to my cousins a lot and the fact that they were all Cowboys! Cowboys! probably sunk into my subconscious. I don't know if it feels right rooting for them. I feel like they're my cousins team, not mine.

But maybe that's incorrect thinking.

Anyway, it's still between lions, Bears and steelers. I'm more than likely putting WAY too much thought into this, ha ha.

I feel like whichever football team I pick will influence who I can root for in other sports as well. Like, if I choose Bears, I should then become a Blackhawks and white so fan (I'm already a bulls fan) and if I go with steelers I then need to go with the penguins and pirates.
  3. Strangerwithcandy11

Strangerwithcandy11 Head Coach

Ratings:
    +1,615 / 18 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    203ß

• Like Like x 2
  4. Ski-Whiz

Ski-Whiz George Halas Staff Member

Ratings:
    +976 / 1 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    563ß

You're messing with us, aren't you?
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Adibear

Adibear Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    I hear you Wolfman..I am a Diehard Bear,,have been for 24 years now and I have no connection to Chicago..I saw a Bears / Packers game on TV and seen William Perry catch the ball in the end zone and thought "look at that fat bastard" and jumped on the Fridge bandwagon and been a BEAR ever since..
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Adibear

Adibear Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    there is a reason no one likes the LIONS,they suck!!!!
  7. Jimmors

Jimmors The Rhymenoceros Staff Member

Ratings:
    +4,722 / 8 / -6
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,085ß
    We are being trolled.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. yttocs

yttocs Pro-Bowler SuperFan

Ratings:
    +57 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    44ß
    You like a team then go with it. If your a bandwagon fan we don't need you, but your welcome to the board to speak your mind. If you like a team go with it for a few years, even when / if the team starts to suck, that's what a team fan will do. Want to be a Bears fan ,welcome aboard, want to be a bandwagon fan pick another team please.
  9. Hircine

Hircine Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    So, it's been a bit since last I posted, so here's a update:

I have been thinking about it and originally I kinda decided on the lions, but now I'm unsure again. I haven't really commited to anything yet, even though I told my family I was going to start to root for the lions , but here's the thing, if megaton and stafford weren't on that team, I know I wouldn't like them any more. My whole wanting to be a fan of the lions is contingent on those two people, and that's not a good reason to be a fan I think. It should be a combination of things: the city, the teams history, memories of the team, and things like that . Correct?

So here's the thing, I'm not commuting to anything just yet, but I really think the bears are going to be a logical choice given that I'm already a bulls fan. I just think being a bulls fan for NBA and lions for NFL is weird, no?

And guys, I know some if you might be thinking I'm trolling. I'm really, really not. I overthink and over analyze a lot and have a hard time commuting or making up my mind. So please bare with me. I truly appreciate and read all the advice given. :)
  10. Jimmors

Ratings:
    +4,722 / 8 / -6
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,085ß
    Be a Jaguars fan. that way, you can be on a first name basis with all the other Jaguar fans, and Jacksonville will actually pay YOU to come to their games.
  11. Hircine

Hircine Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Ha ha, nah I'm ok.

I don't know if this means anything, but I just like chicago as a sports city. The bulls, black hawks, white sox, and bears are all teams I can see liking. Just seems like a great city as we'll. but not sure if that's a good reason to root for a team.
  12. Jimmors

Ratings:
    +4,722 / 8 / -6
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,085ß
    It's a game. You aren't buying life insurance.

The Bears are one of the actual first NFL teams ever, there are people that have been fans for 3 or 4 generations now. There is no such thing as a Bears "bandwagon" fan, (mostly because we have only been really good once in 50 some odd years), just about every fan is diehard, lifetime Bears fan, no matter what.

Your indecisiveness on this topic demonstrates that perhaps this is not the team for you. It doesn't matter who your players are, because they change over the years anyway. Brian Urlacher used to be the face of our franchise...and *poof* now he is gone, and yes...it pissed off some fans, but nobody is giving up on the team because of it, since we are loyal to the TEAM, not individual players.

So make up your mind already, either you are a Bears fan, and bleed orange and blue, or you are not. If you are, then welcome to the forum. If you are not, welcome anyway, and feel free to pop on in whenever your chosen team plays the Bears.
  13. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +3,661 / 10 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,840ß
    IT'S NOT JUST A GAME, IT'S LIFE!!!!!
    :toast:
  14. Hircine

Hircine Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Exactly. It's about the team, and with the lions I'm not a fan if the actual team, just individual players. That's a recipient for disaster I think because who knows how long those guys will be around. And what happens when there gone? I'm right back here, picking a new team. I don't want that, I want a team I can like as a TEAM, not a few players.

So, I think the bears are a team I can root for. The team being all it encompasses: the city, fan base, history , legacy , and etc.

I'm going to get HELL from my family, ha ha. Not really, but they'll be eye rolling and teasing abound.
  15. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

Ratings:
    +2,622 / 8 / -10
    ßearz ßuckz:
    683ß

The Lions have always been about "egos", whether it be their runningback retiring MUCH too early, to having the WORST EVER GM for multiple years, screwing up their many top 5 draft picks.

If you want a "team" that's a true tire fire, you should pick the Buccaneers, who are on track to possibly tie Jacksonville for worst in the entire league..
  16. Ojibway Bob

Ojibway Bob Veteran SuperFan

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    102ß
    why are we still doing this? Bear Down!!! or Suit Up cause we really need some players on the field....
  17. Hircine

Hircine Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    I'm going to watch some video on them to get a feel for the team.

But honestly, it feels right because I'm already a bulls fan, you know? So it feels kinda right rooting for all chicago teams.
  18. yttocs

yttocs Pro-Bowler SuperFan

Ratings:
    +57 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    44ß
    What I am hearing from you is you WANT to become a Chicago fan. What the hell do the Bulls have to do with football? Or the Hawks( beside give us a break from the tears). Almost halfway thru the season and still don't know. Sounds like you hoped the Bears where going to be a top team and wanted to have us believe you were with us. Bear down or go be a Lions fan.
  19. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

Ratings:
    +2,622 / 8 / -10
    ßearz ßuckz:
    683ß
    Bucs. they're getting Bridgewater
  20. Hircine

Hircine Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    No, its not whether or not I thought they would be top tier this season. Its that I'm trying to find my football team and not have it conflict with my other favorite teams. And I thought it would be cool to root for all the same city sports teams.