considering becoming a bears fan.

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by Hircine, Oct 2, 2013.

1. Wolfman

Wolfman Assistant Head Coach

ßearz ßuckz:
    178ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    Just pick a team already...this over analyzing you're doing is probably why you've already burned through three other "teams"...your team is picked from the heart, not your head...your head will always tell you there's a better team to follow, your heart will tell your head to F-off...

• Like Like x 3
  2. ticat

ticat Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    126ß
    One reason- Trestman's is going to take the bears to the promised land.

• Like Like x 1
  3. 4dabers

4dabers Pro-Bowler
    DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    642ß
    Wolfie, I gotta say that your avatar is really giving me the creeps, but I love your comment here; spot on.;)

• Like Like x 2
  4. omc1969

omc1969 Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    50ß
    I live in the absolutely WORST place to be a Bears fan. Northern Wisconsin where I have to put up with both Viking AND Packer fans. Yet here I am after all these years and I'm probably one of the oldest on the board. Speaking of which this IS the best board in all of sports. That's my take so I'll finish by saying that if you come on board you will NOT be disappointed.
    ;)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Jimmors

Jimmors The Rhymenoceros
    Staff Member

ßearz ßuckz:
    2,858ß
    I live in Vegas. Location doesnt matter. We live in the digital age, and teams travel all over the country. I last got to see the Bears play in Arizona against the Cardinals last December.

6. omc1969

omc1969 Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    50ß
    FYI Jackie ....... JJ lives in Golden Colorado. Unless he sold his business and moved recently.
    :D

7. Nate8727

Nate8727 Newbie

ßearz ßuckz:
    Most fans of any team grew up or were influenced by their parents or family. I've been a bears fan since I was about 5.

The best piece of advice I can give you is the team chooses the fan. When you know, you know.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Ski-Whiz

Ski-Whiz George Halas
    Staff Member SuperFan

ßearz ßuckz:
    1,273ß
    Become a Jacksonville Jaguars fan... There's no better way to appreciate a win, than with a team most likely going 0-16.. :D

9. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Assistant Head Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    5,060ß
    I have a lot of respect for fans that stick with their team through horrific times. In my town, there are a ton of bandwagon fans. They always sport the jersey of whomever is the hot team. When the Steelers were hot, the Pit jerseys were everywhere.........Giants, Green Bay, Patriots.....just the "flavor of the year" thing. I hate that.

When I see a guy with a cap, t-shirt....anything, that is a team (any sport) that hasn't won big in a long time, I do respect the perseverance. It's "real" and not the phony stuff.

Of course, maybe that's because, as a Bears fan, there have been a lot of real crappy years (I thought I'd die after '63 through the 70's. You'd watch the games to see your favorite player, but not to see wins (you'd go to games KNOWING they'd lose) but to see maybe Butkus kick some butt, or Sayers show some flash....and later years it was Walter. But no super bowls. Just the lone one in '85 that we cling to over a quarter century later. Yeah, gotta respect fans like the Jaguar fans. I do respect the die hard ones.

p.s. This is off-topic, Ski, but thanks for upgrading the message board software. This is really good stuff. The bee's knees :-)

#39 JustAnotherBearsFan99, Oct 4, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Ojibway Bob

Ojibway Bob Veteran
    SuperFan

ßearz ßuckz:
    304ß
    So true JABF....like I said in an earlier post...I started out a band wagoneer in 85.....but WOW its been a tough 25+ years since.....up in Toronto where we have no home team(unless Buffalo counts) everywhere you look is Eagles,Redskin, and im betting Chiefs hats and jerseys.....it is all about the big fad and who is the new big deal this year.... so sad

• Like Like x 2