considering becoming a bears fan.

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by Hircine, Oct 2, 2013.

1. Hircine

Hircine Rookie

ßearz ßuckz:
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    Ha ha, nah I'm ok.

I don't know if this means anything, but I just like chicago as a sports city. The bulls, black hawks, white sox, and bears are all teams I can see liking. Just seems like a great city as we'll. but not sure if that's a good reason to root for a team.

2. Jimmors

Jimmors The Rhymenoceros
    Staff Member

ßearz ßuckz:
    2,599ß
    It's a game. You aren't buying life insurance.

The Bears are one of the actual first NFL teams ever, there are people that have been fans for 3 or 4 generations now. There is no such thing as a Bears "bandwagon" fan, (mostly because we have only been really good once in 50 some odd years), just about every fan is diehard, lifetime Bears fan, no matter what.

Your indecisiveness on this topic demonstrates that perhaps this is not the team for you. It doesn't matter who your players are, because they change over the years anyway. Brian Urlacher used to be the face of our franchise...and *poof* now he is gone, and yes...it pissed off some fans, but nobody is giving up on the team because of it, since we are loyal to the TEAM, not individual players.

So make up your mind already, either you are a Bears fan, and bleed orange and blue, or you are not. If you are, then welcome to the forum. If you are not, welcome anyway, and feel free to pop on in whenever your chosen team plays the Bears.

3. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,699ß
    IT'S NOT JUST A GAME, IT'S LIFE!!!!!
    :toast:

4. Hircine

Hircine Rookie

ßearz ßuckz:
    Exactly. It's about the team, and with the lions I'm not a fan if the actual team, just individual players. That's a recipient for disaster I think because who knows how long those guys will be around. And what happens when there gone? I'm right back here, picking a new team. I don't want that, I want a team I can like as a TEAM, not a few players.

So, I think the bears are a team I can root for. The team being all it encompasses: the city, fan base, history , legacy , and etc.

I'm going to get HELL from my family, ha ha. Not really, but they'll be eye rolling and teasing abound.

5. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

ßearz ßuckz:
    942ß

The Lions have always been about "egos", whether it be their runningback retiring MUCH too early, to having the WORST EVER GM for multiple years, screwing up their many top 5 draft picks.

If you want a "team" that's a true tire fire, you should pick the Buccaneers, who are on track to possibly tie Jacksonville for worst in the entire league..

6. Ojibway Bob

Ojibway Bob Veteran
    SuperFan

ßearz ßuckz:
    293ß
    why are we still doing this? Bear Down!!! or Suit Up cause we really need some players on the field....

7. Hircine

Hircine Rookie

ßearz ßuckz:
    I'm going to watch some video on them to get a feel for the team.

But honestly, it feels right because I'm already a bulls fan, you know? So it feels kinda right rooting for all chicago teams.

8. yttocs

yttocs Pro-Bowler
    SuperFan

ßearz ßuckz:
    156ß
    What I am hearing from you is you WANT to become a Chicago fan. What the hell do the Bulls have to do with football? Or the Hawks( beside give us a break from the tears). Almost halfway thru the season and still don't know. Sounds like you hoped the Bears where going to be a top team and wanted to have us believe you were with us. Bear down or go be a Lions fan.

9. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

ßearz ßuckz:
    942ß
    Bucs. they're getting Bridgewater

10. Hircine

Hircine Rookie

ßearz ßuckz:
    No, its not whether or not I thought they would be top tier this season. Its that I'm trying to find my football team and not have it conflict with my other favorite teams. And I thought it would be cool to root for all the same city sports teams.