Considering our difficulties on D

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by BradMustersGhost, Oct 1, 2013.

?

Given our problems on D, do you HONESTLY think we have a chance against the Saints on Sund

1. A-No chance, Saints will easily put up 35+ points. Brees will eat us alive.

5 vote(s)
    29.4%
  2. B-Slim chance, would be a MAJOR upset. All of the bounces need to go our way.

3 vote(s)
    17.6%
  3. C-meh, 50/50 chance. I certainly wouldn't be shocked if we won.

7 vote(s)
    41.2%
  4. D-We are favored by Vegas for a reason. Detroit game was just a bad game. We WILL beat the 'Aints.

2 vote(s)
    11.8%
  1. BradMustersGhost

BradMustersGhost

Ratings:
    +211 / 1 / -0
    What does your gut tell you about the Saints game? Do we come up with a BIG win, or does Brees dissect our defense like a pigskin surgeon?
  2. riczaj01

riczaj01

Ratings:
    +1,845 / 5 / -4
    1 bonus to the Saints game is that Tillman seems to be getting better(according to Tresty). 1 good thing is they don't have a running game to worry about, sproles, unlike Bush and Forte, is not a true duel back, he's more of a reciever out of the backfield...and there is talk of trent richardson being a bust. If Cutler and the Bears don't puke it up 3-4 times it's possible they can keep Forte involved more and make the game a shoot out. NO's hard to stop w/Graham and Colston, but not a ton out there, I think Sproles will be held by the Briggs and Anderson, so really they have to stop 2 guys, Graham is near impossible, but if Tillman can keep Colston in check the team could keep it close.

But this is all about coverage, there is no chance they are getting to Brees to often so the DB's have to have a huge game
  3. Henry Burris

Henry Burris

Ratings:
    +1,943 / 8 / -2
    We have better chance, because we're playing at Soldier Field. That field makes it harder than hell for linemen to get to the QB, and we've already seen that the rookies can handle more sophisticated blitz schemes. Teams are gonna tear the D apart, because the quick pass is the way to go against us, and Jimmy Graham is a fuggin' beast. We have a very good chance of beating them.
  4. shark86x

shark86x SuperFan

Ratings:
    +392 / 0 / -0
    Their D beyond the DL isn't that great. If Jay can make quick releases, we should be able to gash them for big yards. I feel a shootout coming.
  5. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston

Ratings:
    +774 / 2 / -0
    I don't think we win this game. But I would love to be proven wrong.
  6. DavidL

DavidL SuperFan

Ratings:
    +472 / 2 / -3
    Their defense is giving up only 14 ppg. There won't be a shootout unless our defense can get off the field a heck of a lot better on 3rd downs than we did against Detroit. I will make the same prediction as last week: Bears need at least +2 on turnovers. We were -1. To get +2 Cutler must take care of the damn ball.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. riczaj01

riczaj01

Ratings:
    +1,845 / 5 / -4
    Yep Cutler needs another error free game, b/c Brees isn't just going to turn the ball over for funzies
  8. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 SuperFan

Ratings:
    +1,530 / 0 / -0
    I think we will win.

I'm hopping mad with the loss in Detroit, but I believe Trestman will show his worth by settling the team down & coming up with a solid game against the Saints. I even expect Jay to have a decent game. And if he does, it will do a lot for his confidence. An NFL QB lives and dies by confidence, and I'd sure hate to see the Detroit game ruin his. Look for Jay to come back strong. He's at home. The Saints defensive line is good, but not as scary as Detroit's.

I think it could be a heck of a good win for us. And if so, then that will pick the team back up, moving forward.
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston

Ratings:
    +774 / 2 / -0
    It would be a GREAT win for us.
  10. Mr. Deliverance

Mr. Deliverance Guest

Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -1
    WE can beat the Saints if Cutler can actually move the ball, as opposed to duplicating another 2nd quarter like performance like he did in the Lions game. If he can't rise to the occasion, AT HOME against Brees, then why waste anymore time on this idiot? Seriously wake he fuck up people. I don't care how far this guy can throw a ball. Jeff George did a lot of the same shit Cutler did and people saw him for the failure that he was.
  11. MPbears68

MPbears68

Ratings:
    +856 / 1 / -0
    Why do people get so defensive when its suggested that Cutler needs to follow this plan?
  12. riczaj01

riczaj01

Ratings:
    +1,845 / 5 / -4
    B/c it's not JC's fault that he's a turn over machine sometimes, it's the WR's fault, it's the OL's fault, it's the HC's fault...and when none of that is a possible excuse anymore it's "every qb turns the ball over 3-4 times a game in div game in huge games that matter so get off his back".
  13. DaTreeBears

DaTreeBears

Ratings:
    +375 / 0 / -0
    We are undefeated at home, going with home field advantage.
  14. Henry Burris

Henry Burris

Ratings:
    +1,943 / 8 / -2
    I understand where you're coming from, but those things DO factor into it. With that said, I give his first interception to being completely his fault, the second being a mixture of the line giving up pressure, and him making a throw without getting his feet set, and the last (the last one I watched, anyway) being a desperation throw.
    • Like Like x 1
  15. BearsWin

BearsWin

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    After watching both games this weekend, there was no comparison. The Saints offense was fantastic, the best chance is the grass/dirt of Soldier Field. Brees is 0-4 in Chicago for a reason. Their team is made for the carpet. I hope it is enough.
  16. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 SuperFan

Ratings:
    +1,530 / 0 / -0
    If you re-watch the 2nd int, it's clearly Jay's fault. He had time to deliver a better pass. His mechanics were really (really) bad on that throw. I'll bet he'd be the first to admit that. He just can't throw those kind of passes in the NFL. He just flat gave the ball away, and that's what ends up costing wins. You can't give up 4 turnovers and expect to win many games in the NFL.
  17. MPbears68

MPbears68

Ratings:
    +856 / 1 / -0
    The 2nd and 3rd INTs were both 100% on Jay. They were horrible, inaccurate throws that no WR could have bailed him out of. The 1st one I'll give him a pass on since Delmas made a great break on the ball and it was only slightly too far out in front of Jeffery. The sack fumble was also 100% Cutler's own fault. Way too slow on the old internal clock and holding the ball way too low. That was a strip waiting to happen.

That's 3 turnovers minimum that were avoidable and 2-3 more than ball security-concious QBs make.
  18. riczaj01

riczaj01

Ratings:
    +1,845 / 5 / -4
    you're right they do but they are not the sole factors. Again, go back to Denver, he had the same issue there w/out the OL, WR, HC/OC mess in Chicago. I didn't see one of the ints(and I cannot go back and watch just remember the game going over all of them in a low light) where he had a ton of pressure. 1-2 turn overs is forgiveable if you lead to 3-4 td's, but 3-4 is to many, in that chart you showed Cutler seems to have an issue w/throwing the ball away, he needs to learn to give up on a broken play more often and he'd put this team in a much better position.
    • Like Like x 2