Cornelius Washington arrested

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by shark86x, Jun 23, 2014.

1. shark86x

shark86x Pro-Bowler SuperFan

Ratings:
    +706 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    321ß
  2. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +3,323 / 9 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,501ß
    hmmmm backend of the roster and already on the bubble; lets see first thing I'd do is go out and get busted for driving on a suspended license.

At least he didn't have pot in his car, or this would feel very familiar.
  3. The Benjamin

The Benjamin George Halas Staff Member

Ratings:
    +2,061 / 7 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,312ß
    And cut.....

@DavidL would likely say the cops set him up
    • Bear Down! Bear Down! x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. DavidL

DavidL Pro-Bowler SuperFan

Ratings:
    +708 / 6 / -22
    ßearz ßuckz:
    967ß
    Damn! At least it wasn't a DUI. At this rate, I may soon be looking for a new adopted Bear. Is he going to be our next Cedric Benson? At least we didn''t waste a high draft pick on him as with Benson.
  5. riczaj01

Ratings:
    +3,323 / 9 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,501ß
    no benson was actually productive for a few years, this is more like Rodriguez from a year ago, not useful, just wasted time.
    • Bear Down! Bear Down! x 1
  6. shark86x

Ratings:
    +706 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    321ß
    Wow, that cut was faster than a speeding driver hitting the barricades!

Good. Sets an example. Keep your nose clean or hit the highway.
  7. The Benjamin

The Benjamin George Halas Staff Member

Ratings:
    +2,061 / 7 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,312ß
    Oh, I'm not saying he was cut. Just that this will probably lead it him being cut
  8. shark86x

Ratings:
    +706 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    321ß
    Oh, well then, when it happens, it will set an example.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. soulman

soulman Pro-Bowler SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,914 / 7 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,760ß
    Meh. Not exactly a capital offense and arrested, although maybe technically correct, is probably a little strong for a traffic violation. That may happen in GA. if you're an out of stare resident but once you pay the fine it's a done deal. They just want to make sure they get their money is all. I don't think it's gonna have any effect on his standing with the team.
  10. 4dabers

4dabers Veteran DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +747 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    89ß
    Good Lord, Speeding and driving on a suspended license!!! Slap the cuffs on this sumbitch and call Boss Hog to set his fine. This kid is just flaunting his success in the face of the law. :10 1 112[1]::smilebig:
  11. little bear

little bear Assistant Head Coach

Ratings:
    +918 / 1 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    926ß
    Another former Georgia Bulldog having trouble with the law, what a surprise. lol

Dumbass
  12. soulman

Ratings:
    +1,914 / 7 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,760ß
    Believe it or not in Colorado you are arrested and jailed if caught driving on a suspended license because it's an automatic 5 day jail sentence plus a fine. On a second offense I believe it can be up to a 45 day jail sentence and a fine. Crazy but true and what happens when a state can pass laws like this as part of a statue the public has no awareness of at all.

And what's really crazy is the statute makes no distinction between a suspension that wasn't imposed because of multiple traffic violations or a DUI and one that may have happened due to an administrative oversight or simply showed a temporary suspension pending and appeal or a clarification. If you get stopped for a broken tail light warning and your license shows under suspension they will cuff you and take you to jail right then and there. Surprise, surprise.
  13. short faced bear

short faced bear Assistant Head Coach DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,233 / 0 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    157ß

Well they gotta make up for the pot arrest rate don't they? :10 1 132[1]: Cut the Corn and push the Bass.
  14. DavidL

DavidL Pro-Bowler SuperFan

Ratings:
    +708 / 6 / -22
    ßearz ßuckz:
    967ß
    I thought he had a reasonable chance at making the roster until this happened. Now I think he's going to have to really shine in training camp. This is gut check time.
  15. Grizzblue

Grizzblue Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +483 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    92ß
    Well if your a bubble player, rule number one is do not make headlines for the wrong reasons. If it were a toss up for a roster spot, something like this could be the deciding factor.

But to play the other side of the coin....

My girlfriend who has never even had a speeding ticket in her life had her license suspended for a parking ticket that she didn't know she had gotten. It was suspended for a year before it expired and she found out when she went to renew it. So I guess I'm just saying that this is not a good thing for him, but in his defense it may be something very simple. Guess the only one who needs to know the whole story is Emery.
  16. JJ-30

JJ-30 Veteran

Ratings:
    +167 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    56ß
    OMG what is with you people you act like he just robbed your grandmothers house. I was speeding and driving on a suspended license, for all we know he didn't even know his license was suspended, that can happen to anyone that lives in more then one place part of the year.

Lets try to find something that is more of interest to bitch about then two traffic tickets that he already paid.
  17. soulman

Ratings:
    +1,914 / 7 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,760ß
    Exactly. The media is searching for anything they can to make a story out of. If he was caught jay walking THAT'S a story! He got a ticket for speeding and in the process they found his license was under suspension. It could have been exactly the same thing that happened to your girlfriend. That's how they catch up with it, a traffic stop or a renewal.

So usually all you do is pay the fine and they lift the suspension. It's all about money and that's all it's about. I've had mine suspended over the dumbest administrative screw ups you can imagine that had nothing to do with any traffic offenses or even an unpaid fine. The guy got a speeding ticket and that's all it was. Why make a big deal out of it?

If all of our jobs were at risk over a simple speeding violation I'd have lost my job about a half dozen times back when I was living in Wisconsin and the highway speed limit was 55 mph. Ever since they raised in again I haven't one. Man, it's gonna be a dry month for news until camp starts so get ready for even more stuff like this.
  18. beardownzona

beardownzona Rookie

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Bottom line is, he knew his license was suspended..yeah petty crime but shouldn't have been driving! Kid should be working out and fixing his game instead of being a punk... I say Bear Down, tie up the loose ends and cut the fool. He was garbage anyways, bring back Izzy...no jk hes old.
  19. riczaj01

Ratings:
    +3,323 / 9 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,501ß
    ya he had no idea his license was suspended, b/c that shit NEVER happens after you get a DUI while speeding.....wtsf.

listen if this was a potential starter seriously nothing would happen, but this is a guy that's already on the bubble as it is, and that's where little things like this start to matter.
  20. Ski-Whiz

Ski-Whiz George Halas Staff Member

Ratings:
    +962 / 1 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    524ß
    While this is an everyday thing for society, if I was in his shoes and wanted to make the team, I'd take the damn bus to work.

I just don't feel for him.
    • Like Like x 1