Cornelius Washington

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by DavidL, Aug 29, 2013.

1. DaTreeBears

DaTreeBears Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +712 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    427ß
    I can't imagine CornWash making it this year when he couldn't even beat out the couch potatoes they brought in last year off the street the very next week. At this time all he looks to me is camp body and cannon fodder. If he makes it I will have major concerns for the legitimate depth of this D line: spoiler alert "he gone."
    • Like Like x 1
  2. RochBear

RochBear Veteran

Ratings:
    +60 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    130ß
    Sure. One can make a case for any of the Scott/Lane/Bass/Washington group. Four pre-season games is probably not enough to allow a excellent judgement of their relative value but it is all that is available and a decision will be made. With a bit of luck at least one of them will emerge as a viable rotation DE (currently Scott has his hand raised high but that was just one game... he is the DEs version of Miller at TE). It will be interesting to see who is first off the bench at DE against the Jags. If it is Scott (or Scott and Lane) again I'd say then that speaks loudly about their emergence in the coaches minds anyway. If Washington and Bass get their chances then it is still a free-for-all.
  3. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +3,584 / 10 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,783ß

sound theory, not that's not what happens in reality. 4th-UDFA are nothing but fodder, they get cut all the time if they do not show they have the talent to handle it, little time is given to their development.

The entire back half of the roster is ST players first b/c there is no way for them to find themselves on the field on O or D on a regular basis, and that's where the team can find value in those players, That's just how hit happens. the LB Sean, and WR Weems are all but guaranteed roster spots b/c they are specifically considered ST aces; neither are considered quality positional players at LB or WR, rarely will either see the field on O or D. Whoever of the bottom DE's/DT's are best at ST's will make the roster regardless of their supposed upside at DE/DT.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. BSBEARS

BSBEARS Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +919 / 4 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,081ß
    Is C Wash eligible for PS. They may stash him there for a year. I see Trevor Scott and Bass on the final Roster. C. Wash has a lot of upside though so the PS would not surprise me and I believe he is eligible. I keep meaning to look up the criteria for the PS and never do, maybe later. LOL
  5. DavidL

DavidL Pro-Bowler SuperFan

Ratings:
    +747 / 6 / -24
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,187ß
    I assume you mean "bated breath." Whatever.

We just have to see who plays better against the Jags tomorrow. Tarzan may show up.
  6. DavidL

Ratings:
    +747 / 6 / -24
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,187ß
    That's mostly true, but teams still must develop at least some of their young talent who show promise for the future. You can't do it all with only top draft picks and high-priced FA. CornWash is eligible for PS, but would have to clear waivers first.
  7. The Benjamin

The Benjamin George Halas Staff Member

Ratings:
    +2,150 / 7 / -9
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,560ß
    Against 4th, 5th and 6th stringers... Tarzan better show up or he should get cut.

How long have you been waiting for him to figure things out? Ric said it perfectly, if he could not get playing time last year with all those injuries.... he is not that good.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +3,584 / 10 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,783ß

Ya that talent comes from the 1st-3rd rounds, if the 4th-UDFA show anything THEN they get developed, no team is looking to take time away from their high picks/FA's for a back roster guy that hasn't shown anything. Shea is a perfect example, if he's a 4th rounder he's cut last year before the season b/c he's a 1st rounder they're still trying to develop him.

Corn would clear waivers and then still be sitting there come wk 16; next season. He's not that good.
  9. DavidL

Ratings:
    +747 / 6 / -24
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,187ß
    I am well-aware that he is not there yet. He is going to have to move forward in stages. The first step (which could be a step off the cliff) is to outperform Bass in the next 3 preseason games and make the 53-man roster. I am going to watch him and Bass closely in the game tonight.
  10. The Benjamin

Ratings:
    +2,150 / 7 / -9
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,560ß
    Good. Might be the last time you ever see him in a Bears uniform
  11. DavidL

Ratings:
    +747 / 6 / -24
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,187ß
    That's not going to happen, unless he gets injured. There is one more game before the first mandatory roster cut.

Who do you like in the McClellin vs. Bostic competition at outside LB?
  12. The Benjamin

Ratings:
    +2,150 / 7 / -9
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,560ß
    McClellin should join CornWash in the unemployment line
    • Like Like x 2
  13. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Coordinator SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +3,028 / 4 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,730ß
    That could be, but crazy things happen. You could see one or both of these guys turn out to be decent. I'm still in that "wait and see" mode. But we should know more tonight. It's a big game for both of these guys. They need to show something good tonight.
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Position Coach

Ratings:
    +2,266 / 10 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,659ß
    Would be kind of fune to see who get position on the other and get in line in front of the other. Poor Ja'Marcus. He would have been last. Everybody always got past him...
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. BradMustersGhost

BradMustersGhost Veteran

Ratings:
    +355 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    330ß
    GOD HELP ME, but I absolutely LOVE the fact that a guy who hasn't done jacksquat in a Chicago Bears uniform now has a 10 page/193+ thread in his honor, lol. "CornWash" is a message board living legend...the man truly transcends the sport of football! He is on the verge, via this thread, of entering the realm of myth!
  16. Bearsinhouston

Ratings:
    +2,266 / 10 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,659ß
    oh.. come on... Laying on a little thick aren't we? I mean... that's so "corny"
    sorry... sometimes I can't help myself...
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2014
  17. BradMustersGhost

BradMustersGhost Veteran

Ratings:
    +355 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    330ß
    I am calling for a "CornWash Appreciation Day" at some point this year (provided he makes the team). He can stand at the 50-yard line while David L. presents him with an award, in appreciation for all that he has done for this message board!: )
    • Like Like x 1
  18. DaTreeBears

DaTreeBears Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +712 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    427ß
  19. Bearsinhouston

Ratings:
    +2,266 / 10 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,659ß
    If only I had a pic of him standing next to a space heater...
  20. tbear1

tbear1 Veteran

Ratings:
    +243 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    204ß
    I want a bobblehead for my desk!