Cornelius Washington

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by DavidL, Aug 29, 2013.

1. soulman

soulman
    Expand Collapse
    Coordinator
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,935ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    Cincy has as good a passing game as anyone in the NFL. A J Green and those TEs of theirs are monster players. In fact Green impresses me even more than Megatron. He beat Jennings badly on that TD and that doesn't happen often and even Peanut has his hands full with him today. We've shut down C J before better than we shut down Green today.

Yeah the pass rush was a little disappointing today but it was McClellin along with Paea who got the only sack. In fact I thought Paea has one of his best games today.

McClellin will never be an OLB on this team as long as they play a 4-3 front. He doesn't have the size to play full time at LDE but if we move him around and get him space to rush and penetrate he'll make plays all game long. He's a tactical situational player and that's how he should be used. One thing about him I see is that he's a smart player who doesn't get embarrassed out there and he's always around the ball.

2. GermansbombedPH

GermansbombedPH
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    126ß
    I'm calling it now (again)

Bears will switch to a 3-4 next year with Washington, Greene, Anderson, Briggs, Shea and Bostic as their (potential starting) LBs. Melton may stay but cutting Peppers will happen too. Need a new DE and DT for this but we have the Draft and Free Agency to get it done. Offense looks fine so far without adding a 1st or 2nd rounder.

• Like Like x 2
  3. DavidL

DavidL
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler
    SuperFan

ßearz ßuckz:
    1,915ß
    Bears need to revamp the front 7. That's why I want to see Washington get some playing time so that we can see what he can do. I agree on cutting Peppers. Bears need to free up money to pay Cutler's new contract next year. The 3-4 might work as you propose, but I'd want to first get a monster nose guard to stop the run.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. lklrlolnlilklsox

lklrlolnlilklsox
    Expand Collapse
    Position Coach

ßearz ßuckz:
    257ß
    False, but nice try. Hand in the dirt, lined up as a DE, stunt inside and right through a gap.

5. riczaj01

riczaj01
    Expand Collapse
    DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,163ß
    EH not really a try and anything, it's why I said what I said, it looked like he came from the inside, but I wasn't sure where he started. If he stunted, then he stunted in behind Paea between him and the DT.

6. DavidL

DavidL
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler
    SuperFan

ßearz ßuckz:
    1,915ß
    No stunt on that play. Fluker is simply too slow. Shea just ran around him from inside. For a top draft choice, Fluker has had problems pass blocking in the preseason.

#26 DavidL, Sep 9, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2013
  7. lklrlolnlilklsox

lklrlolnlilklsox
    Expand Collapse
    Position Coach

ßearz ßuckz:
    257ß
    Wrong. It was a set stunt. Four down lineman, Peppers lined up at the 9 drops into flat coverage, Melton lined up on the 5 bull rushes forward pushes the LT&TE further away from the 3 gap, Paea at NG hits hard to the 1 dragging the LG and C with him, Shea swings right behind Paea into the now vacated 3 gap, Anderson on a straight blitz in the 6/7 gap and DJ comes on a delay into the 5 which Shea vacated on the stunt.

• Like Like x 1
  8. DavidL

DavidL
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler
    SuperFan

ßearz ßuckz:
    1,915ß
    None of that excuses Fluker for missing his block. He was 1-on-1 against Shea. Shea did not cross paths with Paea, so he was Fluker's sole responsibility from start to finish on that play, and he whiffed his block.

Meanwhile, this is supposed to be the Cornelius Washington thread, and I started it to hear what other Bears fans think about Corny. Would you like to see him get some playing time?

9. lklrlolnlilklsox

lklrlolnlilklsox
    Expand Collapse
    Position Coach

ßearz ßuckz:
    257ß
    Are you talking all the way back to the Chargers game? Because, Fluker is not on the Bungles.

10. DavidL

DavidL
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler
    SuperFan

ßearz ßuckz:
    1,915ß
    True. Sorry for the confusion.

Anyway, what's your impression of Washington so far?