Cornelius Washington

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by DavidL, Aug 29, 2013.

1. DavidL

DavidL Pro-Bowler SuperFan

Ratings:
    +638 / 5 / -22
    ßearz ßuckz:
    595ß
    When it comes to predictions, I'm often wrong,too. Even coaches who are paid big bucks to make predictions make mistakes.

Quote of the day...
    "Death alone saves one from blunders."
    -- A.Einstein
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. mdbearz

mdbearz Veteran

Ratings:
    +281 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    20ß
    Well the change in the depth chart does indicate that he may actually get some time on the rotation.

I will be paying attention to see if he is active.
  3. DavidL

Ratings:
    +638 / 5 / -22
    ßearz ßuckz:
    595ß
    He moved up on the depth chart, because Wootton moved to tackle. They should activate him for Redskins, but I wouldn't bet on it.
  4. CaptainHookShot

CaptainHookShot Rookie

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    If I ever hear Cornwash's name called during a broadcast I'm gonna fall off my couch laughing, you'd think the guy was your patron saint or something
    • Like Like x 1
  5. omc1969

omc1969 Veteran

Ratings:
    +203 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    26ß
    Not really. Just looking for solutions to a limp pass rush. Next man up.
    :)
  6. DavidL

Ratings:
    +638 / 5 / -22
    ßearz ßuckz:
    595ß
    Not my patron saint. But he is my adopted bear. When you adopt a Bear, he's your responsibility.

CornWash was on the inactive list today. You'd think the Bears need no help at DE. Peppers and McClellin have a grand total of 1.5 sacks through 7 games. That sucks. But let's talk about their run defense today. Against any QB -- but especially RG3 -- your DE's must set the corner and contain him. He and Morris ran wild around the corner all day for 209 yards. So, if you can't get to the QB or defend the run, take a seat on the bench and let us see what Bass and CornWash can do. Likewise for Conte. I don't know who they have as his back-up, but the Bears need to get Conte's ass off the field. This defense is so horrible, we need a major shake-up.
  7. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

Ratings:
    +2,428 / 8 / -10
    ßearz ßuckz:
    351ß
    **** it, why not at this point? #91 screwed the pooch by falling for the run fake, when he could've sacked RGIII on one of his many scoring drives in the second half. Just one of many bad plays by the d-line. I'm saying, at this point though, I don't think he's any good, if he can't make THIS lineup.
  8. mdbearz

mdbearz Veteran

Ratings:
    +281 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    20ß
    Seriously, if this kid is not good enough to be on the field when we desperately need a DE, then he should have been on the PS.
    • Like Like x 2
  9. JPosh2012

JPosh2012 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +86 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    No kidding!
  10. The Benjamin

The Benjamin George Halas Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,718 / 6 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    520ß
    With all the injuries on Defense...... if Corn Wash does not see the field for a single snap in Green Bay.... I think it is time to stop talking about him
  11. DaTreeBears

DaTreeBears Veteran

Ratings:
    +585 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    216ß
    Bass was a 7th rounder from another team and is getting way more playing time. Looks like Corn Wash is washed out.
  12. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Coordinator SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,122 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    422ß
    It could simply be the case that CornWash simply needed some development time. We could still see him play this season. I hope he does well and David can forever rag us that he called it first.
    • Like Like x 1
  13. short faced bear

short faced bear Assistant Head Coach DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,175 / 0 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    52ß
    Exactly. Time to cycle through guys on the PS to audition for depth the following season. If the guy's a project he's a project but right now it's time to get some live action guys to see the field if Corn Wash can't.
  14. MPbears68

MPbears68 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +1,086 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    111ß
    (Not referring specifically to CW here)
    It could also be the case that the DC sucks hard and there's a reason he was a fail and let go even by the laughingstock franchise of the NFL.
    • Like Like x 1
  15. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,699 / 8 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    641ß
    Wasn't Hot Rod a fail and let go by the laughing stock of the NFL? That's the guy you're pining for? Hell for that matter the best HC in the NFL right now(in most opinions) Bellachick was a fail and let go by the laughing stock of the NFL also. Amazing how talent makes coaches look good or bad huh. Hot Rod didn't do shit for the team until Peppers showed up then all of a sudden Rod was a genius.

Since 2004(Lovie'ss first year) according to ESPN historical total team D rankings Lovie and co were outside the top 10 in yards and points 5 times, in yards given up he was outside the top 20 3 of those 5 times, and 1x in points.

Total Yards given up
    2011 team D ranked 17th
    2009 team D ranked 17th
    2008, team D ranked 21'st
    2007, team D ranked 28th
    2004 team D ranked 21st

Total Points allowed
    2011 team ranked 14th
    2009 team ranked 21st
    2008 team ranked 18th
    2007 team ranked 17th
    2004 team D ranked 13th

But Lovie and Co spent the majority of it's time(according to Soul the powerful and almighty) in the top 10? Since when is 50% the majority of it's time? You are all looking back at Lovie and Co w/rose colored glasses, and it's not deserving. It wasn't just always the O that was the problem Lovie, that D has always been one to give up yards and points when the DL couldn't get pressure.

This year this D is old, beat up w/inj's, paper thin b/c of years of drafting guys like Bauzine, Okowo, Anderson, and countless db's who's names I've wiped from my memory, and the DC is running the scheme from the last regime and not his own, at the behest of the D players who swore there was no issue on their end.

But ya the problem is all on the DC, and has nothing to do w/the players....like somehow changing a DC makes a player forget how to tackle or line up and play the scheme they've been running for the last decade.
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2013
  16. DavidL

Ratings:
    +638 / 5 / -22
    ßearz ßuckz:
    595ß
    Dating back to Papa Bear himself, the Bears have a long history of being cheap (or frugal) with the money, I am beginning to develop a new theory about CornWash. I think they want to keep him on the 53-man roster to develop him, but they don't want to activate him or else they will have to pay him more for "experience" (based on number of games "active list") during the season,as negotiated with the player's union.
  17. JustAnotherBearsFan99

Ratings:
    +2,122 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    422ß
    Ric, that could be the case, but we need to run it by Soul first, just to verify those points. I am glad he's back to the message board. I need to run my stock investment moves by him, and my uncle's upcoming surgery options. I noticed the Obamacare rollout tanked without Soul here too. Thank the Good Lord, Soul is back :-)
  18. riczaj01

Ratings:
    +2,699 / 8 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    641ß
    Those aren't points, their facts. History is our friend if we bother looking at it. Lovie's D after Tommie's inj was pretty average to bad, and didn't get really good until they got....who; Peppers.

What do they have in common? Great pass rushers that helped the rest of the line look really good. And helped cover up the Safeties that haven't been good since the days of the Mike's back there. Now it's even worse b/c of how mishandled the drafts have been since 06.

This past offseason was the first step in removing the age and filling cracks while they fixed the O to evaluate Cutler; now they have to actually tear down the damn and rebuild it.

But those are facts that he won't see b/c he has me on ignore b/c of a "homophobic slur" that wasn't a "homophobic slur". Which is fine b/c I no longer have time to write 3 pages of retorts to his 3 pages of, whatever he's ranting on. Hell even if he did see he wouldn't bother to read or understand, let alone agree b/c his head is so far up his own ass he uses his urethra as a peep hole.
  19. JustAnotherBearsFan99

Ratings:
    +2,122 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    422ß

It could be that Trestman couldn't make the CornWash move with Soul being away. Halas Hall does't make a move without his approval (the losses are probably a direct result). Soul, for heavens sake, don't ever disappear again!
  20. riczaj01

Ratings:
    +2,699 / 8 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    641ß
    I posted an article the other day that said a lot of positions might well be up for battle, I have no doubt DL will have some of those up for grabs. If CornWash is good enough, you'll see him in GB.
    • Agree Agree x 1