Critical lapses crushing Bears defense

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by short faced bear, Nov 13, 2013.

1. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Coordinator

Ratings:
    +3,209 / 12 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    3,170ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    yeah. Me too

2. DavidL

DavidL Pro-Bowler
    SuperFan

Ratings:
    +775 / 7 / -26
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,338ß
    Tucker deliberately left Megatron single-covered from the 14 yd. line?? Unbelievable. And did Tillman realize he had no help deep? It didn't seem that way when I looked at it on replay. Tillman was playing him tight, and Johnson easily blew by him. With no deep help, it is suicidal for any CB to do that with Megatron. He's too strong and fast.

3. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka
    DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +4,039 / 10 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    2,297ß
    DavidL, that is how Tillman has been on CJ for years and it's worked, what would guys like Conte or Wrong had done to stop that pass?

4. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

Ratings:
    +2,762 / 8 / -10
    ßearz ßuckz:
    867ß

• Like Like x 1
  5. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka
    DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +4,039 / 10 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    2,297ß
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

Ratings:
    +2,762 / 8 / -10
    ßearz ßuckz:
    867ß
    I've continually mentioned how good the Detroit Lions offensive line is, but here's a little bit of evidence to help my case. For this defensive line to play as well as they did against Detroit, with 3 defensive linemen out, indicates to me that Tucker's D is starting to take off.

7. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka
    DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +4,039 / 10 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    2,297ß
    Yep they got a stud OL, the Bears is good, but it's a few years away from being like that. I was actually impressed that they had pretty much held CJ and Bush in check mos the day.

• Like Like x 2
  8. CaptainHookShot

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Yeah, for what we expected they did a hell of a job. We all know where the blame lies for the Detroit loss and its not in tuckers lap. As an aside, I quite frankly like seeing a younger defense, even if it takes some injuries to get there. My reasoning is this: a lot of defensive plays rely on being violent and aggressive. Although we might mask those words with 'athleticism' and 'closing speed' etc. at the end of the day the point of the defense is to physically stop the other team from moving the ball down the field. We all watched Urlacher from a young age until his retirement and although he was still good until the end(much better in hindsight, would go back and resign him in a flash), do you remember those early days? Lightning in cleats sideline to sideline endzone to endzone. I want more of THAT energy. I see it in Bostic, others see it in Cornwash
    Even if this defense had no injuries we might not be better off for it, especially as pointed out these guys are getting some real playing time, which is far more important than their draft rank or pool jumping abilities.
    I will always have a place in my heart for Tillman though. So many of those damn punches have swung games our way he'll be sorely missed. It would be sweet if the Bears could just keep him around as a third down shutdown guy, if not for megatron only. I thought the same thing about Urlacher, it's a shame there are no graceful exits in professional football.

9. DavidL

DavidL Pro-Bowler
    SuperFan

Ratings:
    +775 / 7 / -26
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,338ß
    The fact remains, CJ smoked him on that play. That's not the first time our CB's have been beaten deep with no safety in sight. AJ Green comes to mind, for example. I know Conte sucks, but he could at least get his butt over there and try to do something.

10. short faced bear

short faced bear Assistant Head Coach
    DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,502 / 0 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    621ß
    Ok so at this point there is slim pickin's in the draft for CB as well as FA. We have ZERO depth and if we don't keep Jennings then what? The DL needs a massive overhaul as well as a safety or two along with depth there. There is only so much $ and picks to go around.

To me it's almost a must to sign both starting corners. Draft a SS and a CB and perhaps repeat that in FA for basic depth just to flesh out the DB corps.