Current Bears Depth Chart (color coded)

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by The Benjamin, May 19, 2014.

1. The Benjamin

The Benjamin George Halas Staff Member

Ratings:
    +2,059 / 7 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,312ß
  2. The Benjamin

Ratings:
    +2,059 / 7 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,312ß
    Not sure I buy into the "ratings" since they have Young rated out higher than Allen
  3. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Coordinator SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,703 / 3 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,227ß
    I would put Forte in the "High Quality" category (at least). He's a multiple Pro Bowl selection and probably the most "complete" RB in the NFL right now. They have him listed as simply a "Good Starter" and he's far more than that. In fact, in this particular scheme he's critically important. The guy has done all of this with some horrific run-blocking in recent years, including last year. I thought our OL was still pretty poor run blocking last year.
  4. BSBEARS

BSBEARS Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +828 / 4 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    870ß
    Thats the problem with color coding and ratings. Its one man opinion. Much like the big boards and the draft they are only as good as the guy making them. And apparently only 31% reliable in the end.
  5. JustAnotherBearsFan99

Ratings:
    +2,703 / 3 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,227ß
    I was laughing about my draft mocks. I must have used that draft tool a hundred times and I never did have one draft that was remotely like it actually went down.
  6. soulman

soulman Pro-Bowler SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,914 / 7 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,760ß
    Who did this one, a Packer fan?

Robbie Gould is within a percentage point or two of being the most accurate PK in NFL history and all he rates is "Good Starter". LMFAO! What does he need to do to become "Elite", kick a 70 yard FG?

Matt Forte also just a "Good Starter"? Well there's another LMFAO! The guy is one of the top 5 all purpose backs in the league and a two time Pro Bowler and all he can get is "Good Starter". The same with Cutler. Both have far more going for them than just they average RB or QB.

The same on defense. Three Pro Bowlers; Briggs, Peanut, and Jennings get a "Good Starter" rating? How many more Pro Bowls in a row does Briggs have make before he's considered "Elite". How many more records for turnovers does Peanut have to have before he's considered just OK. Just a "Good Starter".

Ratliff and Jared Allen have been chosen for multiple Pro Bowls as well but they're just "Average". We have the #2 offense in the NFL in 2014 with a RB with over 1200 yards and two WR with over 1000 yards each and yet all the OL rates is "Average" with one "Poor".

This piece of crap isn't worth the effort that went into making it. I'd love to see some of the ratings for other teams. What's the source Benji?
  7. lklrlolnlilklsox

lklrlolnlilklsox Position Coach

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    61ß
    They also left out Ford and I expect Wilson and Hurst to compete for the last DB role. After watching hurst tackle, I wouldn't be surprised if they give him a look at S. In fact, I hope they give all these fringe CBs a look back there out of sheer curiosity for scouting upside at a position of need.
  8. JustAnotherBearsFan99

Ratings:
    +2,703 / 3 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,227ß
    They have Shea as a "Poor Starter" but we really don't know much about him good or bad at LB. He could be poor, average, good, heck who knows? I notice they have Greene rated higher than him, but they also have Greene lower on the depth chart. That seemed kind of weird.
  9. The Benjamin

Ratings:
    +2,059 / 7 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,312ß
    I got it from a popular Bears FB page. Not sure where they found it, but I am sure they posted it for a laugh (kinda like I did)
  10. soulman

Ratings:
    +1,914 / 7 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,760ß
    And included Anthony Walters who isn't even on the roster and also left off several others including Washington who was on the roster in 2014 but they manage to include Robertson who wasn't. It's lousy work and a joke. I wouldn't have even bothered to post it. It's that bad.
  11. JustAnotherBearsFan99

Ratings:
    +2,703 / 3 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,227ß
    I notice they have Matt Mulligan as M.Bennett's backup at TE-Y. I've gotta believe Emery will get us somebody better than that as our #2. They have Fendi at #3 TE-H. My gut feeling is that this is make-or-break year for Fendi. He'll either be the #2 TE (because he finally learned how to catch a football and block) or he'll be cut. I doubt they keep him around if he doesn't pan out this year. Surely to goodness there's a better TE out there in FA than Mulligan or Fendi.
  12. lklrlolnlilklsox

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    61ß
    Yeah, I think Fendi will make this roster and hopefully a fool out of me for giving him so much shit.
    • Like Like x 2
  13. soulman

Ratings:
    +1,914 / 7 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,760ß
    BUT I'M NOT LAUGHING GOD DAMMIT! :badmood:

:rofl2: Seriously though. If whoever did it can't even get the roster correct how do they think they'll gain any credibility with their ratings. I'm mean right from the start it gets dumb. If Robbie Gould isn't an "Elite" PK than who the hell is? I gotta see that one.

Forte and "Good Starter" and the OL of the #2 offensive team in 2013 manned by a bunch of "Average Starters". Either the guy who did it has no really knowledge of football in general or he bases everything on some other piece of crap he reads as a reference source. Pro Football Digest used to use a color coded system like that for ratings and it has no basis in reality either.
  14. soulman

Ratings:
    +1,914 / 7 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,760ß
    IMHO it's pretty much his last shot period. If he can't do it now I don't think he ever will.
  15. lklrlolnlilklsox

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    61ß
    There's no doubt about his movement skills and his blocking was surprisingly effective, nowe he just has to catch the damn ball.
  16. JustAnotherBearsFan99

Ratings:
    +2,703 / 3 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,227ß
    We could also see one or two UDFA's make that depth chart too, as backups. There are a few guys listed on this depth chart as backups who are really nothing special. I'd be a happy camper if Trestman found one or two of the UDFA's who were better players.
  17. JustAnotherBearsFan99

Ratings:
    +2,703 / 3 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,227ß
    They have Eric Weems as the backup behind Hixon (with Hixon as the #3 WR). They have Marquess Wilson as the backup #2 WR.

I'm hoping Terrence Toliver would make the roster instead of Weems. He is every bit as fast as Weems, but is a 6'5" receiver. He's had a year on the PS, so hopefully he's ready to move onto the depth chart, and to help on special teams. He's an inch taller than B.Marsh, and has comparable speed and hands. Hopefully he added some muscle mass this off-season though. He is not as strong as you'd like to see at this point. But Weems is a 5'9" (actually a bit over 5'8") guy with marginal skills who is at his ceiling. Toliver might have the talent to help us now, and have a higher ceiling.

"Toliver is blessed with exceptional height and good speed. Extends long arms and catches the ball away from his body. Can win jump ball battles. Builds speed, is a long-strider and can be a vertical threat. Excels running deeper routes but also crosses where he can gradually gain separation. Durable."
  18. BSBEARS

BSBEARS Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +828 / 4 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    870ß
    A good question may be who will make the team because of special teams. Does Senn, Weems, Hixon, Johnson, UDFA Johnson, K. Greene (he is going to have to do something and I hear not good at special teams but does have $300+K of dead money if released) , McCray (think I read he was best ST guy for Cowboys), some guys will make the team because of special teams. Here is a quick list.
  19. little bear

little bear Assistant Head Coach

Ratings:
    +918 / 1 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    926ß
    Lmao @ Kyle Long being just an "average starter".

Forte not elite?
    Greene better than Bostic?
    Mills poor starter???

Fuck this cheesehead.
  20. soulman

Ratings:
    +1,914 / 7 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,760ß

Nerves, lack of focus and concentration maybe? It's difficult to understand how a guy who was catching everything they threw at him in practice suddenly gets hands of stone in a game unless he's just pushing too hard not to screw up. Sometimes it looked like he was trying to do too much and he just needs to relax and put the ball away before he decides where to run with it.