Current Bears Depth Chart (color coded)

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by The Benjamin, May 19, 2014.

1. The Benjamin

The Benjamin
    Expand Collapse
    George Halas
    Staff Member

Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    [​IMG]

2. The Benjamin

The Benjamin
    Expand Collapse
    George Halas
    Staff Member

Not sure I buy into the "ratings" since they have Young rated out higher than Allen

3. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99
    Expand Collapse
    Assistant Head Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

I would put Forte in the "High Quality" category (at least). He's a multiple Pro Bowl selection and probably the most "complete" RB in the NFL right now. They have him listed as simply a "Good Starter" and he's far more than that. In fact, in this particular scheme he's critically important. The guy has done all of this with some horrific run-blocking in recent years, including last year. I thought our OL was still pretty poor run blocking last year.

4. BSBEARS

BSBEARS
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler

Thats the problem with color coding and ratings. Its one man opinion. Much like the big boards and the draft they are only as good as the guy making them. And apparently only 31% reliable in the end.

5. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99
    Expand Collapse
    Assistant Head Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

I was laughing about my draft mocks. I must have used that draft tool a hundred times and I never did have one draft that was remotely like it actually went down.

6. soulman

soulman
    Expand Collapse
    Coordinator
    SuperFan DBS Writer

Who did this one, a Packer fan?

Robbie Gould is within a percentage point or two of being the most accurate PK in NFL history and all he rates is "Good Starter". LMFAO! What does he need to do to become "Elite", kick a 70 yard FG?

Matt Forte also just a "Good Starter"? Well there's another LMFAO! The guy is one of the top 5 all purpose backs in the league and a two time Pro Bowler and all he can get is "Good Starter". The same with Cutler. Both have far more going for them than just they average RB or QB.

The same on defense. Three Pro Bowlers; Briggs, Peanut, and Jennings get a "Good Starter" rating? How many more Pro Bowls in a row does Briggs have make before he's considered "Elite". How many more records for turnovers does Peanut have to have before he's considered just OK. Just a "Good Starter".

Ratliff and Jared Allen have been chosen for multiple Pro Bowls as well but they're just "Average". We have the #2 offense in the NFL in 2014 with a RB with over 1200 yards and two WR with over 1000 yards each and yet all the OL rates is "Average" with one "Poor".

This piece of crap isn't worth the effort that went into making it. I'd love to see some of the ratings for other teams. What's the source Benji?

7. lklrlolnlilklsox

lklrlolnlilklsox
    Expand Collapse
    Position Coach

They also left out Ford and I expect Wilson and Hurst to compete for the last DB role. After watching hurst tackle, I wouldn't be surprised if they give him a look at S. In fact, I hope they give all these fringe CBs a look back there out of sheer curiosity for scouting upside at a position of need.

8. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99
    Expand Collapse
    Assistant Head Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

They have Shea as a "Poor Starter" but we really don't know much about him good or bad at LB. He could be poor, average, good, heck who knows? I notice they have Greene rated higher than him, but they also have Greene lower on the depth chart. That seemed kind of weird.

9. The Benjamin

The Benjamin
    Expand Collapse
    George Halas
    Staff Member

I got it from a popular Bears FB page. Not sure where they found it, but I am sure they posted it for a laugh (kinda like I did)

10. soulman

soulman
    Expand Collapse
    Coordinator
    SuperFan DBS Writer

And included Anthony Walters who isn't even on the roster and also left off several others including Washington who was on the roster in 2014 but they manage to include Robertson who wasn't. It's lousy work and a joke. I wouldn't have even bothered to post it. It's that bad.