Cutler and his weapons

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by riczaj01, Oct 7, 2013.

1. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,435 / 6 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    196ß
    Lets take a look at our QB and his weapons 5 games into it.

Cutler is averaging 2 TD's and 2 TO's per game, right off the bat not good enough in today's NFL, He's completing 65% of his passes, averaging 7.5 ypa and about 270 ypg. Those are solid numbers minus the 1:1 TD to TO ratio.

BMarsh: is catching 65% of his passes, averaging a bout 6 passes on 8 targets for about 75 ypg and about .6 td's.
    daBU: is catching 65% of his passes, averaging about 5 passes on 7 targets for about 56 ypg and about .6 td's.
    Ajeff: is catching 62% of his passes, averaging about 5 passes on 9 targets for about 85 ypg and about .4 td's; he's also had 3 rush attempts for 57 yards, about 10ypg.
    EB: is catching 61% of his passes, 1 pass per game on 2 targets a game for about 16 ypg He is averaging .4td's.

Forte: is averaging about 16 rush attps and 5 rec's per game, he's caught 84% of his passes, averaging about 115 tot ypg and .6 td's.
    Bush: is averaging about 3 rush and 0 rec per game, he's caught 0% of his targets. averaging about 7.2 yards per game, he is averaging .2 TD's per game.

no one else has participated done anything in the O. Part of the reason the other WR's aren't getting a shot is b/c the team has been running(not sure about this last game) 80% out of 2 TE snaps.
  2. Wolfman

Wolfman Assistant Head Coach

Ratings:
    +1,759 / 9 / -4
    ßearz ßuckz:
    118ß
    I honestly don't know what to make of the numbers...however, so far, my gut is telling me the offense is getting better and is on the right track...even while playing like crap, my confidence in this offense still remains much higher than in years past...
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2013
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. GBlaze23

GBlaze23 Rookie

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Thats what I see. Too little too late lately, but when in the past have we ever been able to score quickly and get the ball down the field. We may have lost the last 2 games but after being so far behind they both came down to an on sides kick away thanks to quick scores.
  4. mdbearz

mdbearz Veteran

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    18ß
    Still think Forte needs more touches, and I don't mind if it is a short pass.

I would really like to see a game with Forte getting enough carries and passes to make it neccesary for Bush to come in because he is winded.

Is it just me or when Bush is in the game they seem to run the ball very predictably?
  5. GBlaze23

GBlaze23 Rookie

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    He hasn't really gotten enough carries for me to tell tbh. He is only averaging 2 yards an attempt on 18 carries, but 3 of those were the 1 yard multiple touchdown drive where we kept getting ripped off, so hard to tell. He does well in his spot though.
  6. Jimmors

Jimmors The Rhymenoceros Staff Member SuperFan

Ratings:
    +3,976 / 8 / -5
    ßearz ßuckz:
    162ß
    They are playing better, and on the right track. Currently the offense is 11th overall in yards, which is much better than last season (finished 28th overall). And before the Saints game, we were putting up over 30 points per game.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. riczaj01

Ratings:
    +2,435 / 6 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    196ß
    I agree MD, Forte should be getting 30+ total touches and Bush should have a series of his own.

I posted it more to show that the WR's all seem to be doing well and the ball is being spread around pretty evenly to the weapons being used. But I don't know that 60-65% is great for a reception %, seems like it should be higher.
  8. shark86x

shark86x Pro-Bowler SuperFan

Ratings:
    +479 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    48ß
    I truly believe the offense is playing much better than years past, however, there is still a lot of better to get.

Forte dropping short passes and pitches? Earl Bennet dropping balls that hit him in the hands? on 4th down? These mistakes were costly, and no need to have them happen. Are the guys being over coached and have too much going through their minds? It's like we've lost the fundamentals.

Brandon Marshall has always dropped balls. That is a given, but he also needs to do better. DaBU is injured, I'll let him slide a little longer too.

Back to the fundamentals... for the team, not just the O. Missed tackles, playing out of position, confusion on the scheme, jumping the snap on 4th down, and on and on. These are all fundamental mistakes we are making. They need to get fixed ASAP. I blame Trestman. I think he is over-coaching at this point. He neeeds to make sure the fundamentals are taken care of.
  9. riczaj01

Ratings:
    +2,435 / 6 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    196ß
    forte has 1 fumble this year, and has caught 85% of his passes, all the other wr's are catching 60-65 % of their passes. I'm not sure you can say that Forte is dropping short passes and pitches when he's fumbled 1 and missed catching 85% of his targets.

BM needs to step up, but if teams are going to take him out of the game, I'm okay w/him not b/c it means Cutler isn't forcing the ball anymore.

The team did far better at tackling this week.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Jimmors

Jimmors The Rhymenoceros Staff Member SuperFan

Ratings:
    +3,976 / 8 / -5
    ßearz ßuckz:
    162ß
    Huh? 30+ touches? A game?

The most Walter Payton ever got was his 1,852 Yard Rushing Season, where he got 339 carries, or 24.2 per game. Even if you include receptions, it was 27 on the season, or just under 2 per game, making it total of 26 touches per game. And that was Payton's most prolific.

I like Forte and all, but he really does not need to carry the Offense anymore. Rather have him used efficiently.
  11. riczaj01

Ratings:
    +2,435 / 6 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    196ß
    Okay let me rephrase, the RB's need 30+ touches a game. Cutler should have the lions share of that.
  12. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Hall of Famer

Ratings:
    +996 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    14ß
    I heard you can go to jail for that...
  13. DaTreeBears

DaTreeBears Veteran

Ratings:
    +431 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    17ß
    I would like to see more Bush to be honest who wouldn't.:14_6_5[1]::pamela: Let's get creative Trest put Forte in there with him set Forte on the outside have fake to Bush hand to to Forte sweeping across next time give to Bush mix it up. You have weapons man use them. Where's that creativity I was hoping to see and was told about. This is your big time Trest shit or get off the pot.
  14. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Hall of Famer

Ratings:
    +996 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    14ß
    I am also a big bush lover! well, not a lover of big bush... I mean... aaahh forget about it...
    • Like Like x 1