Cutler out vs Rams

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by The Benjamin, Nov 18, 2013.

1. The Benjamin

The Benjamin George Halas Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,630 / 6 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    277ß
    Via Marc Trestman during his Monday presser
  2. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,473 / 6 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    266ß
    Briggs and Paea day to day
  3. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

Ratings:
    +2,215 / 8 / -7
    ßearz ßuckz:
    112ß
    Crap, I was getting all excited, then I read this:
    Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter9m
    Bears said QB Jay Cutler and LB Lance Briggs will not play Sunday vs. Rams.
  4. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Hall of Famer

Ratings:
    +1,021 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    40ß
    That's ok, Briggs needs to get all the way healed. I'm not sure that Cutler will be ready the week after either. This is costing him more time than if he had just waited one more week, but I am anxious to see what he does when he gets back. Hopefully, on the sideline he gets a better perspective on protecting the ball.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

Ratings:
    +2,215 / 8 / -7
    ßearz ßuckz:
    112ß
    People, HIS GROIN INJURY WAS GOOD TO GO. It STILL IS. He suffered an ankle injury, not a re-aggravation of his previous one.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  6. Bearsinhouston

Ratings:
    +1,021 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    40ß
    nah, I'm not buying it.

He was holding his groin, and I'm pretty sure it wasn't because he wanted some "alone time".
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Wolfman

Wolfman Assistant Head Coach

Ratings:
    +1,785 / 10 / -4
    ßearz ßuckz:
    129ß
    Not buying it...he rushed back because he saw his stock drop with ever McCown pass....and not being 100% causes you move differently and many case, unnaturally...maybe it gets that an ankle injury either way, or maybe not...but don't tell me he was 100%....
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2013
    • Like Like x 3
  8. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

Ratings:
    +2,215 / 8 / -7
    ßearz ßuckz:
    112ß
    It was a HIGH ankle sprain. As I told someone else, you have to believe that Forte, the Bears doctors, their training staff and really anyone involved at Halas Hall is in on some kind of conspiracy to believe that one. Dude fell, and rolled onto his ankle in the 2nd quarter.
  9. Bearsinhouston

Ratings:
    +1,021 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    40ß
    yeah, well count me in the group that thinks he was healed enough for every day activities but not quite there for 4 quarters of an NFL game. And I do believe he re-aggravated the groin as well as injured his ankle. But hey, that's me. I also think martians threatened to kill Ross Perots daughter when he was running for president. Maybe the martians also conspired to cover up the groin injury along with Forte, the Bears doctors, their training staff and anyone involved in Halas Hall. After all, the offense is "out of this world" right now.

PS - with his sphinx-like demeanor, I'm pretty sure he was also a martian. Probably in on the groin conspiracy also.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  10. Wolfman

Ratings:
    +1,785 / 10 / -4
    ßearz ßuckz:
    129ß
    No conspiracy needed...there isn't a doctor or trainer alive who can tell when someone 100%...sure they can tell when you should be or might be or are close to 100%...but if the athlete or patient isn't being 100% honest, there is no way to know for sure...the final call or last few % is always on the athlete/patient...you will never coincidence me that Cutler thought he was 100%...he knew it wasn't; but he thought he had to or could play through it...
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  11. Bearsinhouston

Ratings:
    +1,021 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    40ß
    I completely agree. I guess we must both be wrong.... Or martians.... or maybe both....
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  12. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

Ratings:
    +2,215 / 8 / -7
    ßearz ßuckz:
    112ß
    This is the NFL, most players play dinged up. Was he 100%? I personally don't care, because it wasn't his groin injury that was keeping him off balanced. This is a case of everyone taking their knee jerk reaction to seeing Jay playing in pain, assuming it was his groin, and then validating what they originally thought, even when all the evidence points in the opposite direction, because they don't know, nor do they really care to, because the ONLY thing being talked about before the game was "Oh wow, Jay Cutler's coming back awfully fast from that injury". Now think about it logically: When it was injured against the Redskins, he was pulled pretty ***** quickly, but why wasn't he pulled just as quickly against the Lions? Could it possibly be that Trestman isn't lying when he said: "The Trainers taped him up, and assured us no further damage was likely"? Makes more sense to me, than people simply using conjecture and pre-determined thought processes to explain to themselves that it "makes more sense" that he just re-aggrivated the same injury, rather than the CRAZY possibility that he JUST MIGHT HAVE HURT HIS ANKLE, which wasn't enough to take him out of the game, but certainly enough to hobble him up, pretty badly.
  13. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

Ratings:
    +2,215 / 8 / -7
    ßearz ßuckz:
    112ß

Bears quarterback Jay Cutler left Sunday’s loss to the Lions before the team’s final drive because of an ankle injury, not an aggravation of the groin injury that kept him out of the lineup last week.

Pro Bowl running back Matt Forte said that Cutler practiced without restrictions when he directed the offense during Thursday's 70-minute session inside the Walter Payton Center.

"I saw him at practice today, and he was moving around the pocket well," Forte said. "He ran some sprint-out plays, so he can run. If he is feeling that way, he is the starting quarterback, so I think he should play if he's 100 percent."

Trestman has confirmed that Cutler will not play in next Sunday's match against the Baltimore Ravens, but revealed that the 30-year-old was no longer suffering from the torn groin muscle he picked up earlier in the season.

"I think you all know he's got a high ankle sprain. He got it rolled on. It was unrelated to the groin injury. It happened in the second quarter," Trestman told reporters.

"They taped him up. There was no indication from the trainers there would be any further injury. I thought offensively he had one of his best games. I asked [the trainers] if the groin was an issue at all, [and they] didn't feel that there was.

"They told me even today, if he hadn't rolled up the ankle, he would have been able to play today."

You guys are saying that everything written here is a lie. It is on YOU to prove your claim.
  14. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

Ratings:
    +2,215 / 8 / -7
    ßearz ßuckz:
    112ß
    If you want to have your opinion treated with any kind of respect, you should probably skip saying stuff like this.
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  15. Bearsinhouston

Ratings:
    +1,021 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    40ß
    Henry. It does not matter to me if my opinion is treated with respect. I am more than secure in myself and others opinions on a Bears forum are not going to change that. If you feel that whatever my opinions are, are stupid, unjustified, or whatever, I am really ok with that.

I get on here to have a little fun and to talk Bears. We all have our own style. Some like to have fun, some like to be the expert or go to guy, hey, to each his own. I am just here because it is what I enjoy for some time during the day. When I don't enjoy it, I won't be here. I don't need the forum, the forum does not need me. Let's be honest here. This is just a bunch of guys talking about their favorite football team. What weight or importance should be put on these posts? They are opinions. Nothing more. If you get too caught up in yourself, I think you make a mistake, but hey that's my opinion and really it shouldn't matter much to you.

And no, I didn't really think martians were threatening Perots daughter. I'm pretty sure they were from Venus.
    • Like Like x 3
  16. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,473 / 6 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    266ß
    In what BiH said, I don't disagree, that groin was "healed" but not near enough to play 4 qtrs of ball. He did reagrivate it though, that was obvious w/him grabbing at it and hobbling before getting his ankle rolled.

I have no idea how this GM/management staff run, it doesn't seem like the old regime, but anything coming out of HH has to be questioned after the Griese incident where he had to recant that his headset was broken.
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Bearsinhouston

Ratings:
    +1,021 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    40ß
    The fact he was grabbing at his groin was obvious. You don't do that when it does not hurt. Unless you are getting ready to get a little romantic with yourself. And that is one of those facts that was mentioned previously. The funny thing about facts is that they are interpreted by people that have opinions, and most of the time the facts that support opinions seem to be the only ones looked at.

What I want to know is, what does it matter at this point, Henry? What difference does it make if I think his groin was not healed? Because it does not seem to me that it should matter what I think. I can be really honest and tell you that I am not going to miss any sleep because you think his groin was fully healed. Really, I promise you --- it is fine with me. I am not going to post 10 links in order to try and change your mind (or is it to prove you are right? -- and I'm not trying to be a jerk here... it's just an honest question. Because I think it's just fine that you have your opinion and that it is different than mine.

Back to having fun on the forum I hope? Because I certainly have no ill will or anything. Just thought it might have been time to flush a few things out.
    • Like Like x 2
  18. Wolfman

Ratings:
    +1,785 / 10 / -4
    ßearz ßuckz:
    129ß
    Are you backing off your " HIS GROIN INJURY WAS GOOD TO GO" statement...which I, and I think everyone, read as he was 100% healthy and recovered?

Having a non-healed injury can often and easily lead or contribute to suffering another entirely different injury....I don't know if that was the case or not...and neither do you....
  19. Wolfman

Ratings:
    +1,785 / 10 / -4
    ßearz ßuckz:
    129ß
    You should heed your own advice...
  20. Bearsinhouston

Ratings:
    +1,021 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    40ß
    Wolf, while I agree, the last thing I want to do is jump on a guy when he is down.

Henry has been on here a long time. Longer than I. And he does have a lot of good points and contributes quite a bit. I will say that I think his style and approach have changed and for whatever it's worth (yeah, I know... nothing), I liked his old style better. I honestly hope that he does not take anything as a personal attack as it was not meant to be. So hopefully, this is just a small bump in the road.