Cutler: Pittsburgh is team's toughest challenge

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by JustAnotherBearsFan99, Sep 20, 2013.

1. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Coordinator SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,808 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    67ß
    LINK

Cutler:
    “We’re on the road, first road game. The noise is going to be a problem for us offensively,” Cutler said. “Just the travel; you know we have some young guys on offense. Just see how the communication goes with the noise, keeping our poise out there. It will be a good test for us. It’s [been] only two games.

We’re going to see some stuff that maybe we mess up, but we just have to work through it, work through the crowd noise, and get to the second half in a good place for us to win the game. ”

Trestman:
    "We’ll find out more about ourselves. We’ve got to play in the noise. We’ve got to play in an environment that there’s going to be a great sense of urgency on both teams. It’ll be exciting. I think it will help measure us a little bit more.”

Brandon Marshall:
    "This is going to be an all-day sucker"

JustAnotherBearsFan99:
    "It's gonna be an epic battle in prime-time. One for the ages" :D

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2013
  2. shark86x

shark86x Pro-Bowler SuperFan

Ratings:
    +476 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    43ß
    Well, hopefully it sucks all day for the steelers.....
    • Like Like x 4
  3. strockrocks

strockrocks Veteran

Ratings:
    +189 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    I'm nervous. I don't like the Bears being on prime time.
    • Like Like x 5
  4. The Benjamin

The Benjamin George Halas Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,613 / 6 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    226ß
    An everlasting gobstopper?

5. JustAnotherBearsFan99

Ratings:
    +1,808 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    67ß

LOL, and invented by Coach Trestman.....er....I mean Willie Wonka :-)
  6. Cutthroat6

Cutthroat6 Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    I second that notion!
  7. jbunch14

jbunch14 Veteran

Ratings:
    +114 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Agreed completely, although I see a comfort with Cutler in this system and with this coach that I haven't seen since he has been here. I think the Bears are going to put on a display on Sunday night, I just have one of those feelings.
  8. BearJim

BearJim Veteran SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +139 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    I look for our offense to be pretty conservative early in the game, making sure we don't have a TO that puts us in a hole early. After we see what their defense is doing I think we'll attack a bit more & hit on some big plays. I'm really hoping our defense steps up in this game & takes control early.
  9. DaTreeBears

DaTreeBears Veteran

Ratings:
    +431 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    15ß
    I can't wait for all those pundits to all come on NBC and pick Steelers as the favorite to win. Then see pitt get their asses handed to them. Then all the excuses as to what the problems are for steelers failings with only snippets and little praise for Bears progress.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Tarkus

Tarkus Veteran

Ratings:
    +270 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    This early in the 2013 Bears version, every game's their toughest challenge...
  11. JustAnotherBearsFan99

Ratings:
    +1,808 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    67ß
    The sad thing is that we will win a hard fought game. It will be a solid effort. Yet the pundits will write it off as a cream puff game. They'll say we beat an 0-3 team, and it we had it easy. No matter how many points we score, they'll find something to be critical of. Maybe Jay's "body language" or his smokin' on the sideline with the players...

[​IMG]
    • Like Like x 1
  12. strockrocks

strockrocks Veteran

Ratings:
    +189 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    I don't know. I've been listening to a lot of different media and watching videos of analysis and recaps of the Bears and I'm not hearing much negative. In fact the opposite. I haven't heard any talk about Cutler and negativity at all actually. I don't live in Chicago so maybe it's more local?

There's NO FRICKING WAY playing on the road for the FIRST time as a new team with our rooks on the right AND IN PITTSBURGH that can be considered a cake walk game at all. If anyone thinks that, I'm sorry, they are just idiotic. I feel this game will be the hardest game we play so far. I'm expecting it to go either way, with hopefully the bounce going our way to reach 3-0. That would be awesome.
  13. Mr. Deliverance

Mr. Deliverance Guest

Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    This is not a tough challenge. There is no reason for the Bears not to destroy the Steelers. The Steelers are an old team with so much less talent than they had before. This is an easy win for CHI or at least it should be. The Bears are far more talented than the Steelers. And if they don't come out and control this game from the start...it will show just how pathetic our Bears are.
  14. JustAnotherBearsFan99

Ratings:
    +1,808 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    67ß
    Jeff Dickerson has this overall forecast, and I think he's probably got it right. An 0-2 start to the Steelers hasn't meant they are a bad team. The Steelers have made the playoffs three of the past four times they have opened 0-2. This team can do the same. They have a QB who has taken them to the Super Bowl multiple times, and he's won the Super Bowl.

You guys act like this is an 0-16 Detroit team. You're going to see Sunday night that it's a far cry from being a bad team this season. Going to be a really tough, ugly game. We should win though. But it will be close.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2013