cutler really a giant puzzle

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by a_miljan, Sep 29, 2013.

1. a_miljan

a_miljan Veteran

Ratings:
    +260 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    20ß
    Im sorry to say this (writing this in the 3rd quarter) but Cutler is really wierd. Sometimes his plays dont look smart at all, im really starting to wonder bout him. Just like I ( unfortunately) predicted before this season his play ( in the long run) is not good enough. And oline gave him enough time, inerceptions are def. on him
    • Like Like x 1
  2. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Coordinator SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,808 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    67ß
    He's got some of "Bad Rex" in him. Today "Bad Jay" is rearing his ugly head.
    • Like Like x 2
  3. JustAnotherBearsFan99

Ratings:
    +1,808 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    67ß
    He's missing wide open receivers.
  4. a_miljan

a_miljan Veteran

Ratings:
    +260 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    20ß
    i wrote this before his fumble... this is just plain bad, and i mean hanie bad
  5. JustAnotherBearsFan99

Ratings:
    +1,808 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    67ß
    It's classic "Good Jay" - "Bad Jay" still. A lot like we had with Rex Grossman. When Rex was "on" he was amazing. When the wheels come off, he just fell apart. Jay > Grossman. But he's got some of "Bad Rex" in his DNA.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Mr. Deliverance

Mr. Deliverance Guest

Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Today is a perfect day for me to pile on Cutler...but I'll just chalk up today as a bad game for the Bears collectively. And maybe the Bears let that 3-0 start blow their ego up too much, leading to underestimating this Lions team. Which is going to be a contender in this division. That D-line is no joke. And they will keep the Lions in every game this year if they control the line of scrimmage each week, like they did today. Suh & Fairley showed why they are the most dominant DT duo in this league.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. a_miljan

a_miljan Veteran

Ratings:
    +260 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    20ß
    im not sure we should carry on with him next season, recievers looks discourage when he plays like this, everything falls apart
    • Like Like x 1
  8. hoth

hoth Veteran

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    you'd hope that by year 9, a guy woulda figured out how to put these sorta bush-league, bonehead games behind him.
    the defense wasn't gonna stop these guys today, but 6 went out and made sure they weren't gonna get any help either.
    reminded me of a game in San Francisco a few years ago........unprofessional.

by the end of this season, i predict we'll be looking at a first round qb next draft.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. JustAnotherBearsFan99

Ratings:
    +1,808 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    67ß
    It looks to me like he has time to throw, but Fairly & Suh are inside his head and he has "happy feet" when he just needs to settle down and make the throws. Sure, he's not getting all day to throw, but a top tier QB has to keep his head in a game like today.
    • Like Like x 3
  10. Mr. Deliverance

Mr. Deliverance Guest

Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    You hit the nail on the head JABF99. I can't fault Cutler for the happy feet fears. I would not want to be crushed by either of those animals. They're enormous and fast and relentless.
  11. JustAnotherBearsFan99

Ratings:
    +1,808 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    67ß
    Cutler is an incredibly gifted QB. His natural God given physical attributes are as good as any QB in the NFL. He can be brilliant in games.

But his Achilles heel is his head. And I think Suh & Fairley climbed inside his head today & he fell apart. Is this the guy who can "win the big one" in a Super Bowl? I don't know if he can. But he'll win a lot of games. He's a good 2nd-tier QB. If we're fine with that, then okay.
    • Like Like x 1
  12. jeffJE86

jeffJE86 Newbie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    I think Cutler acts cool and calm on the outside, but he's a basket case on the inside. Players get in his head really easily. It shows in his game.
  13. Mr. Deliverance

Mr. Deliverance Guest

Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    That sums up Cutler JABF99. I've watched him long enough to conclude he just doesn't have the head for the QB position. And I think too many Bears fans are just too enamored with his throwing arm and not realizing how when the rubber meets the road, he just can't get it together against a real opponent. I really would like him to prove me wrong, but man he's been around for so long and just never seems to turn the page against good opponents. I guess we'll see how he responds the rest of the way. The schedule doesn't get any easier. And it will be interesting to see how Cutler responds to this humiliating loss.
    • Like Like x 3
  14. JustAnotherBearsFan99

Ratings:
    +1,808 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    67ß
    Cutler won't have to worry. The fan base (here) will blame the loss on Peppers. :D
    • Like Like x 1
  15. a_miljan

a_miljan Veteran

Ratings:
    +260 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    20ß
    to be honest this one is on cutler but also on rush defense
  16. MrDynamite32

MrDynamite32 Rookie

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Cutler's the best QB the Bears have had in a long time, but after seeing the same performance out of him year after year (the whole good Jay/bad Jay thing), one starts to wonder if he's reached his limit and that this is the best we're ever gonna see out of him. Having skills is one thing, using them properly is another.
    • Like Like x 1
  17. DaTreeBears

DaTreeBears Veteran

Ratings:
    +431 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    16ß
    This lose is all Cutty's. But it was nice to see pep come out strong today and look like his old self.
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Hall of Famer

Ratings:
    +992 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    11ß
    JABF, this is what I was talking about when a QB gets "Carr'd". Most will never come back. I honestly thought that he was strong enough mentally to be able to reverse it with help from Trestman. And honestly he is only 3 games removed from being a pinata, so maybe he can still come back, but it once it gets in your head, most of the time you become damaged goods.

JA brings in a talented QB and then lets him get battered for years. I can't get over it. Well, in perspective, it is only one game and Detroit has one of the most ferocious pass rushes. Our OL did ok, but obviously did not do enough to keep him totally clean, but most of it was on Cutler. In addition, we really do not have a defensive push that puts pressure on opponents. They have time and they are talented. When you have that combination, they are going to get their points. If you can't stop them from scoring, then the only way to win is to score even more. This offense is still not to that level.

We need to fix whatever our DL issues are. That is first and foremost. We have to bring down the scoring abilities of our opponents. I put this even before addressing our O because I know we are capable of doing that on D. Since all the pieces are there, it SHOULD be easier to make happen. Then Trestman needs to continue to work with Cutler and he needs to make a decision as to whether Cutler is the guy or not.

If he isn't, then I think we have a few hard years ahead of us. Getting a franchise QB is not easy. We still need some pretty highly paid defensive talent in DT, DE, and CB. Not sure it can all be fixed in one year. This is pretty much the same formula as before. Rattle Cutler and the wheels fall off. The OL did enough to keep him from being rattled. If this would have been first year Cutler we would have been ok. Right now with the ghosts running around in his head, he can't think straight with this much pressure. He needs to fix it or I think Trestman will look elsewhere.

We need to look at his entire body of work before any decisions are made, but so far, we have dominated no one and been dominated once. Winning is great, and we will win more, but right now I have the sense that even when we win, we will always give our opponents the opportunity to take it from us. We win close or come from behind. If we want to be a strong contender in the post season, we need to put them away and take their hope away. So far I don't see it.
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2013
    • Like Like x 3
  19. Grizzblue

Grizzblue Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +414 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    20ß
    Well today highlighted the reason that Jay didn't, and may not get a contract extension. All qbs have bad games but cutlers bad games give you absolutely no chance whatsoever to win. He very rarely single handedly wins games but it's a foregone conclusion that he will give you 0% chance to win a few.

The question is weather he can keep it together for an entire post season run. Considering all teams will be quality and all will be "big games" I reluctantly feel that the answer to that is no.

We will see, hopefully he comes out and dosent have another melt down all year. I hope so but with each game like this the qb will slide one round higher on our draft board and his max on a potential contact goes down 10%
    • Like Like x 2
  20. MPbears68

MPbears68 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +984 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    17ß
    LOL, some??? Bad Jay was out in full flower. That was bad for Geno Smith standards.

JABF, that was a horrific performance by a veteran QB. And you can't blame the OL, they did a pretty good job. Jay was ridiculously inaccurate today and was tossing ducks and floaters all day.
    • Like Like x 3