cutler really a giant puzzle

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by a_miljan, Sep 29, 2013.

1. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Assistant Head Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,765ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    That's exactly how I feel about it.

And I would add one more point. We need a guy who can win big games against solid teams (like Green Bay who owns our division year after year). So far, we have a guy who "can't win the big ones" and lands us in 3rd place in the NFC-N each year. And that was with a stud top-5 defense, which we no longer have.

How much money do you sink into a guy like that?

2. MPbears68

MPbears68 Hall of Famer

ßearz ßuckz:
    1,264ß
    That's the crux of it and we have 12 more games to figure it out.
    A) What can be fixed or improved with Cutler and what can't?
    B) And how much is that (whatever it ends up being) worth paying?

Tough questions that can't be answered right now. Based on very incomplete data so far, 3-1 looks damn good. But 8 turnovers and a 1:1 TD/giveaway ratio doesn't look so hot. We shall see...

• Like Like x 1
  3. JJ-30

JJ-30 Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    208ß
    Go my goodness is there any cheese with all of you wine. Sure Jay had an off day we all have off days, if we were 0-4 I could go along with but where not. Most people here said we would go 9-7 or 8-8 so I guess we still have some more loses to go.

There should be far more complaining about our D as they haven't played one good game and Culter has had 3 good games.

• Like Like x 1
  4. JJ-30

JJ-30 Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    208ß
    The only puzzle here is how some of you can call yourselfs fans over one lose.

5. MrDynamite32

MrDynamite32 Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    319ß
    That may be true early in the season, but once the playoff race heats up, he drops the goofy gunslinger act and plays for real.

6. a_miljan

a_miljan Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    722ß
    i gotta say this, there is only one thing i really cant take around here and that are smartasses who like to question other guys 'if they are real fans' because of their opinion. thats so lame and superior, in other words maybe a real fan but not a real man

• Like Like x 1
  7. JJ-30

JJ-30 Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    208ß
    I guess if poster like you don't like my comments you can do two things don't read them or don't post dumb threads.

• Like Like x 1
  8. a_miljan

a_miljan Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    722ß
    i have a better idea, if u dont like my thread - walk on by!

9. MPbears68

MPbears68 Hall of Famer

ßearz ßuckz:
    1,264ß
    Milj, there are people who simply choose to be in denial about Cutler's flaws, bad habits, and history of melting down against better competition. I wish it wasn't so but it looks like Jay still has major ball security issues.

• Like Like x 1
  10. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Assistant Head Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,765ß
    It was the same way with Rex Grossman. It's like a "cult thing" with some people. Denial. We see "Bad Jay" like we saw "Bad Rex" fold in big games, over and over and over again. Especially to Green Bay. We've been in 3rd place in the NFC-N, even when we had a top-5 defense. We no longer have a great defense, so when "Bad Jay" appears, it's crippling.

People talk like this is "one bad game" and it's unfair to be upset with another "Bad Jay" appearance. That's incredible, because we have seen YEARS of "Bad Jay" appearances.

But people want to pretend "Bad Jay" doesn't exist. They did the same thing with Rex until the end.

• Like Like x 2