cutler really a giant puzzle

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by a_miljan, Sep 29, 2013.

1. Sharky

Sharky Veteran

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Bad jay was today, but dare I ask is anyone disturbed by Mel Tucker's defense? Personally I think it wasn't all on him
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Hall of Famer

Ratings:
    +1,518 / 5 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    682ß
    But other than that, he had a great day, huh?! :p
  3. Bearsinhouston

Ratings:
    +1,518 / 5 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    682ß

I am really worried about him. Kidnap LeBeau and bring him to Chitown
  4. yttocs

yttocs Pro-Bowler SuperFan

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    22ß
    No , team lose. From the start D couldn't stop the run and that is what killed the D. JC and the play calling killed the O ST just plain stunk. Team lose.
  5. MPbears68

MPbears68 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +1,189 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    232ß
    There was no reason for Suh and Fairley to be "in his head", fellas. The OL did a pretty respectable job of giving him time. Jay's sacks were ON JAY for holding the ball way too long and not unloading it when nothing was there. It's not like there were jailbreaks on ever drop back. Jay simply sucked. He was wildly inaccurate and terrible with ball security. You can't blame the "surrounding cast" here. Cutler simply pissed the game away.
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Bearsinhouston

Ratings:
    +1,518 / 5 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    682ß

oh, I agree. I still think that Suh was in his head. I'm not sure he can make the pitter patter of Suhs feet leave his head.
  7. MrDynamite32

MrDynamite32 Veteran

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    36ß
    Now begs the question: Has Cutler plateaued? Is this really the best he can do? If he has plateaued, then the team needs to start grooming a QB to take his place, but franchise QBs don't grow on trees and for every Andrew Luck and RG3, there's at least 3 Jamarcus Russells. If Cutler hasn't plateaued, he needs to get his act together and show that he can take it to the next level.
  8. MPbears68

MPbears68 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +1,189 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    232ß
    Yeah, the deer-in-the-headlights sack fumble was great too.

Other than Big Ben (who shakes off tacklers that Jay doesn't), I never see NFL QBs sit in the pocket aimlessly with no internal clock like Jay does (again it seems). I don't get it. I don't understand why he seems so clueless about this. He doesn't scramble or throw it away like he should. The dude is the king of avoidable sacks.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,898 / 8 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    909ß
    Cutler is now .500 in TD to TO, 8 each; that isn't good enough in todays NFL. Your QB HAS to be near 2 to 1, at minimum. He's not had a great year by any means, and he topped off the 1st qtr w/an awful performance.

Was the D bad, ya but a minmum of 10 points given up where b/c of the 0, really probably 17, and another 7 were b/c of the ST's return to the 1. that means 40-17(minimum)=23. That means if the O just does average the D would have done enough to win. Per usual the Cutler defenders will not put the loss on him. Cutler was 100% the issue today.
  10. MPbears68

MPbears68 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +1,189 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    232ß
    I said 95% but the point is valid and I agree. That was a pathetic performance by Jay.

With how expensive vet QB contracts have become, Emery needs to move on from Cutler this offseason if crap like that continues. Jay looked like he forgot everything Trestman has been trying to teach him today.
  11. tbear1

tbear1 Veteran

Ratings:
    +160 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    59ß
    That is exactly what I thought. Now we have Jay 'Grossman' Cutler to contend with.
  12. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,898 / 8 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    909ß
    Yep, how do you give 80-100mil contract to a guy that is very capable of having multiple games a season like that?
  13. MrDynamite32

MrDynamite32 Veteran

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    36ß
    A game like this will definitely go into evaluating whether or not Cutler is worth a contract extension. It's make or break time.
  14. tbear1

tbear1 Veteran

Ratings:
    +160 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    59ß
    I didn't think the recievers were helping too much. I though Alshon put in a good effort. There were two passes that I thought Brandon should have caught. Certainly frustrating on all accounts.
  15. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Coordinator SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,307 / 3 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    706ß
    That's a perfect overview of the situation.
  16. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Coordinator SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,307 / 3 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    706ß
    I agree the OL wasn't that bad. Sure they had their moments, but overall, against a stellar DL, they did give Jay enough time to complete passes. Jay was just off today.

He's got the gene. I do (in fairness) believe he's a better QB than Rex Grossman on a "good day" but when "Bad Jay" shows up, he's just like "Bad Rex" was. Man, it makes me sick to admit it. But he has the disease. I believe it is incurable. Trestman isn't going to be able to cure Jay.
  17. MPbears68

MPbears68 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +1,189 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    232ß
    It's easy to get too down on a bad day like it is to get too up on a good one. But your point there is really the crux of the issue and is why today is way more significant than just "one bad game". If Cutler truly can't be "fixed"--And I don't mean being turned into Peyton Manning but just purged of the horrific thumb-sucking crapfests he melts down into--then there's no point keeping him around after his year. It doesn't matter that he plays well the rest of the time or gets you into a wildcard berth or goes 11-5. He's not worth wasting any more time and money on after this season. And that means we are starting all over at QB with a rookie draft pick. That's what this year is about discovering. And today's game was very negative for Jay's future since we have seen this dog and pony show before.
  18. hoth

hoth Veteran

Ratings:
    +42 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    what's the over/under on those from here til the end?
  19. Bearsinhouston

Ratings:
    +1,518 / 5 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    682ß

MP - the issue with that is if the object is not to waste any more time on a losing proposition (which BTW, I am not yet willing to admit), what would you put the time into? Blanchard is the only player we have that we could divert devopment time to. I would be ok with that later on in the season -- after we are eliminated from the postseason and if they do decide Cutler is not the one. So I understand and agree with the train of thought, I'm just thinking that it is too early for me to have pulled that mental switch right now.
  20. Bearsinhouston

Ratings:
    +1,518 / 5 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    682ß

We aren't going to melt down. The problem is we always have " will the pressure get to Jay again this game?" in the backs of our mind whenever he takes the field.