cutler really a giant puzzle

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by a_miljan, Sep 29, 2013.

1. phatdude

phatdude Rookie

Ratings:
    +46 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    24ß
    I have to agree with SWC. Mathematically This is the sweet spot for us now. Or D is getting up there and I frankly think it's starting to show. If we are going to win, it has to be now. Otherwise it's going to be several years of rebuilding with a lot of losses, not just one.

Our biggest issue was the O-line, for YEARS. They allowed Jay to get concussions over and over on this team. Granted he's no franchise QB, but like SWC said, he's had to start over and over again. 1 bad game out of 4 isn't an issue, it's how he recovers from it. Also lets not forget, there is no more Lovie. In the old days Lovie would just let a game like this go, and it would be business as usual next game. I have faith in Trestman that he will analyze this and fix it. If he can't fix it, then we will get another QB.
  2. Mr. Deliverance

Mr. Deliverance Guest

Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Ok it figures I was due for some ball breaking. I was just trying to have a little harmless fun with that clown. That is all. I know you guys have a hard on for me. But man I just got to be me sometimes.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Mr. Deliverance

Mr. Deliverance Guest

Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    LOL I'm just messing with ya man. Apparently some of the mods don't even find this sort of thing remotely funny. Oh well.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. MPbears68

MPbears68 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +1,221 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    260ß
    The problem is that it is a contract year for a player in the most pricey position in the NFL. A decision has to be reached. Every dollar spent on Cutler next year is a dollar that can't be spent elsewhere. The question will be how much is he worth and is spending that money wise (is he good enough to get you to a SB or are you just pouring $15m+/yr away for a QB who is good but can't win big games?)

He isn't some young still-developing guy in his 2nd or 3rd year like Locker or Tannehill. He's an 8 year vet who you have to make a decision on to either bite the bullet and pay him long-term or move in a different direction. Trestman was brought in specifically to "fix" Cutler or at least optimize him and help assess the above questions. I WANT CUTLER TO SUCCEED big time and have offered all the well-known excuses (bad OLs, bad OCs, no receivers, etc.) for him many times. But I gotta admit I was discouraged by yesterday's game, especially the poor ball security stuff.

When Green Bay lost a close one in Cincy 8 days ago, it was Rodgers first multi-interception game in like 2 years (he had TWO INTS and NO FUMBLES). Man, I'd love for Cutler to go just a quarter-season with no more than one turnover per game.
  5. Mr. Deliverance

Mr. Deliverance Guest

Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    You see this is the post that sums it all up and that expresses why there was such great concern over that DET loss. You get it my friend. Other Bears fans simply do not.
  6. phatdude

phatdude Rookie

Ratings:
    +46 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    24ß
    I agree with MP too. My issue is relative to Jays performance, this last game was his only bad game this season. Yes, he has a better O-line, but he has all new offensive coaches and plays. I look at every season as a clean slate. Jay screwed up in this game, if he has several screw up free games from now on then do we give him a pass (no pun intended)? I really don't know what the ratio should be that is when he should be canned next season. The one thing I do know for sure is one game isn't the mark. Even if somehow we make it to the playoffs, if Jay isn't perfect, fans will call for his head.

Like they say "we'll cross that bridge when we come to it". I'm not even sweating this loss. We knew we wouldn't have a perfect season and we'd have to lose sometime. Now if Jay performs like this next week, I will most likely jump on the "get rid of Jay" bandwagon.

I know this isn't the topic of this thread so I won't derail, but everyone should be in terror of our defense right now. Their "football fundamentals" suck. Sure as individuals they sometimes make great plays, but as a team they are weak. I'd much rather have a "Peppers bashing" thread. He did score a TD and I think he has one sack this year, but other than that he's draining the salary more than Jay when you look at the effort being outputed.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Strangerwithcandy11

Strangerwithcandy11 Head Coach

Ratings:
    +1,574 / 15 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    155ß

I don't take anything personal on here. I enjoy the back and forth. No, harm no foul. I'm use to the uncivilized portion of this board anyway lol.
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Loki

Loki Assault Admin Staff Member

Ratings:
    +3,503 / 17 / -6
    ßearz ßuckz:
    611ß
    It's not a hard on for you. It's other users see you doing crap... and then they start.... and then someone retaliates.... and someone retaliates back... Next thing you know, we've got real wrath of God type stuff. Fire and brimstone coming down from the skies! Rivers and seas boiling! Forty years of darkness! Earthquakes, volcanoes... The dead rising from the grave! Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!

And all because we allowed you to talk about SWC and his wives tittays.
    • Like Like x 3
  9. Mr. Deliverance

Mr. Deliverance Guest

Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    LOL
  10. short faced bear

short faced bear Assistant Head Coach DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,197 / 0 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    95ß
    Just who the hell wants calm tits?
  11. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Coordinator SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,392 / 3 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    812ß
    That's exactly how I feel about it.

And I would add one more point. We need a guy who can win big games against solid teams (like Green Bay who owns our division year after year). So far, we have a guy who "can't win the big ones" and lands us in 3rd place in the NFC-N each year. And that was with a stud top-5 defense, which we no longer have.

How much money do you sink into a guy like that?
  12. MPbears68

MPbears68 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +1,221 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    260ß
    That's the crux of it and we have 12 more games to figure it out.
    A) What can be fixed or improved with Cutler and what can't?
    B) And how much is that (whatever it ends up being) worth paying?

Tough questions that can't be answered right now. Based on very incomplete data so far, 3-1 looks damn good. But 8 turnovers and a 1:1 TD/giveaway ratio doesn't look so hot. We shall see...
    • Like Like x 1
  13. JJ-30

JJ-30 Veteran

Ratings:
    +154 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    41ß
    Go my goodness is there any cheese with all of you wine. Sure Jay had an off day we all have off days, if we were 0-4 I could go along with but where not. Most people here said we would go 9-7 or 8-8 so I guess we still have some more loses to go.

There should be far more complaining about our D as they haven't played one good game and Culter has had 3 good games.
    • Like Like x 1
  14. JJ-30

JJ-30 Veteran

Ratings:
    +154 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    41ß
    The only puzzle here is how some of you can call yourselfs fans over one lose.
  15. MrDynamite32

MrDynamite32 Veteran

Ratings:
    +66 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    49ß
    That may be true early in the season, but once the playoff race heats up, he drops the goofy gunslinger act and plays for real.
  16. a_miljan

a_miljan Veteran

Ratings:
    +291 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    96ß
    i gotta say this, there is only one thing i really cant take around here and that are smartasses who like to question other guys 'if they are real fans' because of their opinion. thats so lame and superior, in other words maybe a real fan but not a real man
    • Like Like x 1
  17. JJ-30

JJ-30 Veteran

Ratings:
    +154 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    41ß
    I guess if poster like you don't like my comments you can do two things don't read them or don't post dumb threads.
    • Like Like x 1
  18. a_miljan

a_miljan Veteran

Ratings:
    +291 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    96ß
    i have a better idea, if u dont like my thread - walk on by!
  19. MPbears68

MPbears68 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +1,221 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    260ß
    Milj, there are people who simply choose to be in denial about Cutler's flaws, bad habits, and history of melting down against better competition. I wish it wasn't so but it looks like Jay still has major ball security issues.
    • Like Like x 1
  20. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Coordinator SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,392 / 3 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    812ß
    It was the same way with Rex Grossman. It's like a "cult thing" with some people. Denial. We see "Bad Jay" like we saw "Bad Rex" fold in big games, over and over and over again. Especially to Green Bay. We've been in 3rd place in the NFC-N, even when we had a top-5 defense. We no longer have a great defense, so when "Bad Jay" appears, it's crippling.

People talk like this is "one bad game" and it's unfair to be upset with another "Bad Jay" appearance. That's incredible, because we have seen YEARS of "Bad Jay" appearances.

But people want to pretend "Bad Jay" doesn't exist. They did the same thing with Rex until the end.
    • Like Like x 2