cutler really a giant puzzle

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by a_miljan, Sep 29, 2013.

1. Grizzblue

Grizzblue Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +486 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    97ß
    I think what Mr. D was trying to say is that Cutler NEEDS to take a step up and go out and lead us to a W. Last weeks loss was on him, plain and simple. Now what a qb worthy of being a franchise guy can do is bounce back and give us a great game. If he is truly the guy this dosent mean just not screwing up. This dosent mean simply not throwing a costly pick. This means going out there and playing like a guy who can win us a championship. If his ceiling is just not screwing it up and hitting the open men, then we dont need to pay him 100 mil we can get a 1st rounder to do that. Now what I hope we see is a guy who plays worthy of that contract and label. Like was being said earlier, this is kinda a big game for us. We win and were right back as contenders. We lose and GB and company are laughing as we are reverted back to average.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. MPbears68

MPbears68 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +1,420 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    438ß
    Cutler needs to raise his floor of play. His ceiling is definitely high enough IMO (not that it can't get better). We have all seen him BALL out there and he can be amazing when he's "on". I have no problem with that....he's not limited like Ponder and Weeden and many others. That's not the issue. The problem is....when he's not "on" (and no QB can always be on) he can be really really really OFF. As in....mental meltdown, wheels coming off, turnover machine BAD.

If he can make his lows LESS LOW, and this past Sunday was a perfect example of what's needs to improve, then he's capable of being a SB QB. Until then it's going to be hard for us to beat good teams we need to beat (aka, this coming Sunday) when things are rough and his head goes up his ass.

We are 2-0 this season against bad teams. We are 1-1 against contenders and 0-1 against in-conference contenders. We can't have 3-4 "Bad Jay" performances every year if we are going to win the games we need to win to be a force in the NFC.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. MrDynamite32

MrDynamite32 Veteran

Ratings:
    +143 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    173ß
    I think what's missing in all of this is that while we've seen "Bad Jay" year in and year out, Trestman necessarily hasn't; watching film can only show you so much. Now that he's seen "Bad Jay" in real-time, he'll have a better idea of how to fix Jay's problems so they don't affect the team as much.
  4. weneedmorelinemen

weneedmorelinemen Veteran

Ratings:
    +387 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    108ß
    Wow, what a useful stat. Blanchard was 45-2 in college, and as everyone knows, the win-loss record of a QB in college is the best way to judge future success. Nice job on finding that nugget of information. I am fully on board with bringing in anyone not named Jay Cutler to play QB because Vanderbilt didn't win a lot of games when he was there.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. a_miljan

a_miljan Veteran

Ratings:
    +311 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    139ß
    it looks to me weneedmorelinemen like u wanna run for our starting qb?!
  6. weneedmorelinemen

Ratings:
    +387 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    108ß
    I just checked, and my name is not Jay Cutler. Therefore, I must be better than Jay is. And since my win loss record in college is an even 0.500 at 0-0, I would be an upgrade.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. shark86x

shark86x Pro-Bowler SuperFan

Ratings:
    +725 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    350ß
    Why not? I'm sure he couldn't be any worse, listening to Mr. D's hate of Cutler.

Don't forget, according to Mr. D, Webb Nation was the greatest player ever. I wonder why he never advocated for Webb to replace Cutler???
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Position Coach

Ratings:
    +1,941 / 7 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,297ß
    Anyone knows you can use stats to support any position you want. I never responded to him because all he wanted was to stir crap up, and he was never going to change his mind about anything regardless of any facts or arguments presented.

Any players worth in the NFL should be based on their performance IN the NFL. Their play in college is simply what allows them entry into the NFL. Just as a college GPA is what gets you a job, what you do while on the job is what determines your worth in the industry. No different.

A closed mind is a closed mind. Doesn't matter what he thinks -- or what any of us think for that matter. The Cutler saga is going to be determined by his performance this year.
  9. Bearsinhouston

Ratings:
    +1,941 / 7 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,297ß
    Suit up. We need you
    • Like Like x 1
  10. a_miljan

a_miljan Veteran

Ratings:
    +311 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    139ß
    im pretty sure jamarcus wouldnt be able to even catch the ball from the huddle, he would drop it right off, maybe if it was handed to him, maybe he would be ok, i can picture him, so elegant!
  11. Bearsinhouston

Ratings:
    +1,941 / 7 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,297ß
    It's funny... When the really opinionated guys get proven wrong, they just kind of forget their original positions. Never hear about it again. You see it over and over. Hillarious.
  12. weneedmorelinemen

Ratings:
    +387 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    108ß
    The only way I would want J'Marcus Webb to be our QB is if Cutler can be his LT, and then we play the Vikings.

"Ooh, another sack by Allen. How's that feel, big boy? Sting just a bit? Well, get ready for 2nd down, because I feel pretty distracted and Jared's coming without me even touching him."
    • Like Like x 1
  13. shark86x

shark86x Pro-Bowler SuperFan

Ratings:
    +725 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    350ß

Jay: "Hey Webb, your shoelaces are loose, let me tie them for you."

Webb: "hike!" --- "Oh CRAP!!!" -- trip --- fall -- sack -- "Hey Cutler, you tied both my shoes to each other, you screw up."

Jay: "Sorry, man. I was thinking about tacos."
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Bearsinhouston

Ratings:
    +1,941 / 7 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,297ß
    They tried him at QB in TC, but the ball kept sailing by him when hiked. They thought it was because he was used to DL sailing by him and it just made him feel better being in his comfort zone.

Tice said it was ok because his measurables were still ok and he had more pixie dust on order. Webb liked it because he got to put his hands between Garzas legs and Garza couldn't yell at him. Everybody won. But then Trestman came in and ruined it. He said he didn't care if Webb had learned to tie his shoes or not, that Cutler was going to be the QB.
    • Like Like x 1