Cutler showing same old bad habits in new offense

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by riczaj01, Aug 16, 2013.

1. lklrlolnlilklsox

lklrlolnlilklsox

I love the "koolaid" responses, they are always the best. Right ahead of the ones judging players strictly by numbers. There are more important things than racking up top 5 stats - like winning. Three of those top five QBs missed the playoffs, five of the top ten did the same.

Whew, man let's hope he doesn't throw for that 3,999-29-16, because I may just be accused of drinking his Kool-Aid, once again.
  2. jbunch14

jbunch14

This part makes me laugh, and is absolutely correct. When we drafted Grossman I immediately gave myself a facepalm. No UF QB is EVER any good in the NFL. Ever.
  3. Mr. Deliverance

Mr. Deliverance Guest

Got to beat above .500 teams too Koolaid Man. Its not just about racking up milestone markers. And I don't see Cutler hitting that mark at all.
  4. lklrlolnlilklsox

lklrlolnlilklsox

According to you, it is. You said if he didn't pass three markers that only five QBs managed to do last season, he should be gone. Those are your standards for measuring Jay Cutler.
  5. Nakoma1

Nakoma1

HAUGH SUXXXx
  6. Nakoma1

Nakoma1

OH WAIT ,... the_media_sucks_sticker-p217049620110497064qjcl_400.jpg
  7. Henry Burris

Henry Burris

Again, Bears fans get divisive over this issue, nevermind that there is literally NO NEWS of interest at this time, so why don't we just hit the repeat button because of what we saw in preseason?

I swear to god, I've never had to repeat myself as many times on this board, and I know someone will say "blah blah blah , records, blah blah blah". Save it.

AS PREVIOUSLY MENTIONED, JON KITNA HAD A PERFECT QUARTERBACK RATING IN 2008, AND HIS BACKUP HAD STATS THAT CERTAINLY ECLIPSED OUR BACKUP'S THIS YEAR. IF YOU ARE CONCERNED ABOUT HOW THE QUARTERBACK IS PLAYING IN THE PRESEASON, YOU ARE PAYING ATTENTION TO THE WRONG THINGS.

With that said, I think it's very likely they are deliberately having cutler target certain guys, because he needs to build a report with them in this offense, by going to the same play over and over. He did that with BM and AJ last game. People keep freaking out like this preseason means anything to any skill player.

Long story short, the seed has been planted for "Full on freakout mode" by this board for the first Jay Cutler multiple INT game. Many are thinking with the right side of the line looking better, yadda yadda, we "should" have a significantly better offense this year, but the truth is, we're not getting anything close to 100% this year. It's established that it takes 3 years to have an offensive system fully installed, and about the same time for an offensive line to be as efficient as it can be.

Those "rules" will be quickly be forgotten, and patience is NOT a forte of Bears fans. The offense will struggle, Jay will throw his INTs, and it will be attributed, regardless of truth, to his "un-coachable" attitude. The ***** media will begin to question Trestman's system, and every stupid ******* cliche you can think about will be volleyed by both national and regional media, and Bears fans buy into it.

TL;DR The groundwork is laid out for the first multi-mistake game by Cutler, despite the fact that this reporter is talking out of his ***, and preseason play by quarterbacks means as much as cats to a dog person. People get swept up in the "dead news cycles", forgetting that there's actually no news. Oh, and tell this reporter to eat a d!ck.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Henry Burris

Henry Burris

Oh, also: For the love of god, guys, block Mr. Deliverance. You know better than to think his opinion is valid. He's obviously trolling you, repeatedly. Just click ignore, and he's gone!
  9. blinddeafmute

blinddeafmute

Man, sometimes you just throw stuff out there that you've heard without really thinking about it. Yeah, that crap was all over the place last year, but rarely does any quarterback beat many of hte >500 teams that they play.

Lets compare last years Cutler to last years Flacco, the superbowl winning champion that was supposed to be so cool and calm under pressure.

Flacco beat 3 teams above 500. Cutler beat two. However, Flacco lost to two teams at or below 500, and Cutler lost to none.

All in all, they were similar, and Cutler never lost a game that he shouldn't have, which you can't say the same for Flacco.

Just because some media hack, or joe schmo's on a message board say something, doesn't mean it's worth repeating.
  10. zelezo vlk

zelezo vlk

Here's a funny thought: what if Trestman is having Cutler intentionally look bad in preseason to fool the opposing teams at the beginning of the season.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. riczaj01

riczaj01

Then Emery hired the wrong HC.
  12. blinddeafmute

blinddeafmute

Yeah, I really doubt that is the case. Cutler needs to be working on his reads, and jitteryness in the pocket. Both of which have been issues in the past. There's no better place to do that than in pre season and he hasn't do so thus far. I'm a little worried about his fixation with Marshall and his lack of pocket presence/inability to make the right decision under pressure.
  13. zelezo vlk

zelezo vlk

I'm not saying it was smart or even likely, I just found it funny. It's the preseason and we all need the laughs since the replacement refs aren't out there making fools out of themselves this year.
  14. Nakoma1

Nakoma1

plus1.png ZEL SOME PEOPLE CAN'T FATHOM THAT
  15. Nakoma1

Nakoma1

AND remember the OP here,...is the same guy running around justifying the league for fining Bostic

When it's been posted what the league fined him for ,... AND GUESS WHAT the op's reasoning don't jive with the league's reason

LMAO self proclaimed message board experts
  16. riczaj01

riczaj01

ahhhh nakoma's got some sand all up in his panties b/c a millionaire got slapped w/a 20K fine for playing a game.
  17. Nakoma1

Nakoma1

NICE Job Baiter R U A master of this sort ?
  18. riczaj01

riczaj01

who's the one trying to blast those that don't agree w/him as non fans and "internet experts" all while posing as one b/c of a disagreement?

paaaaahlease.
  19. Nakoma1

Nakoma1

[​IMG]

PUT a muzzle on that thang will ya .....

it's not about disagreement ,.. it's more about you talking out of both sides of your mouth
  20. riczaj01

riczaj01

so it cannot be a devestating hit, and also be a fineable hit/illegal hit? The most devestating hits in the league right now are fineable. Boy you're as one tracked as wnml w/backup qb's is. If something as simple as a fine for a hit gets you this bent out of shape, I feel sorry about your damn luck...hate to see you when the Bears lose a game they deserved to lose...porb
    That's b/c it's unfathomably stupid. A team trying to correct issues the QB has, and learn a new system is going to worry about fooling other teams? Again if that's the case Emery hired the wrong HC. It's one thing to run vanilla, but if your so paranoid that you have to purposely do things that you don't want done then that's just beyond dumb. Good teams don't worry about that, good coaches don't worry about that.