Cutler take away

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by BSBEARS, Jan 27, 2014.

1. butkus3595

butkus3595
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,369ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    FYI, no, most game winning drives won't end in a passing TD. 41% of game winning drives end in a field goal. There have also been game winning drives in which a qb has never completed a pass! Eli Manning has one of those. Further, Peyton Manning has 49 game winning drives/4th Q Comeback, the most of any qb behind Marino...in those 49 he has only thrown 15 TD's! Same for Brady who has 37 GWD. As I said...your PERCEPTION is not the REALITY.

2. DavidL

DavidL
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler
    SuperFan

ßearz ßuckz:
    1,942ß
    The way I see it, the QB goes on the field with 10 other guys and what matters is how they perform as a unit. The Bears finished near the top of the NFL in ppg. That tells me this unit can compete offensively with any defense in the league. Yes, Cutler is not without flaws and he'll never be as good as Manning or Brady. But if we can keep this unit together for the next three years and get back in the top-10 in defense by 2017, then we've got enough to compete for the Super Bowl.

• Like Like x 2
  3. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99
    Expand Collapse
    Assistant Head Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    5,316ß
    This is what I find very encouraging David. The offense should continue to get better, and I believe we will see it this coming season. What I find amazing is the fact that the team did as well as it did the 1st season in the new Trestman offense, and with a number of young and new players. The OL in particular was completely new except for Garza, and we started two green rookies. I am expecting the offense to be one of the best in the NFL this year. I don't believe the defense can be turned around as quickly as the offense was, but it's entirely possible that it will improve enough this first year of the D rebuilding effort, to allow the team to make the playoffs.

• Like Like x 1
  4. dachuckster

dachuckster
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler
    SuperFan

ßearz ßuckz:
    1,366ß
    +1

All of the analysis that I see says it take 3+ years to fully implement a new offensive system. Considering the amount of change (staff, system, players) the performance of the offense last season was exceptional.

5. BSBEARS

BSBEARS
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,257ß
    Offense turn around was amazing. If we can do anything close with the Defense (top 15) with a top 5 Offense it will be a fun season

6. Seqq34

Seqq34
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    265ß
    Yes my perception of game winning drives are different than what you are talking about. To me it means leading your team down for a touchdown...over look the FG aspect of game winning drives but that's me. So you win ;) most GWD don't end in TD's

...what's the percentage of being behind in relation to other QB's? Also factor in teams they were on, teams they came back on, and so on...

Either way it's still pointless...none of that means Jay is clutch or isn't clutch. His past proves that without the good GWD %

7. butkus3595

butkus3595
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,369ß
    So you want to add factors into what you deem to be clutch because the one stat that would equate to clutch...leading your team on a drive to win a game doesn't fit your agenda. It doesn't matter what it means to YOU, the definition of a game winning drive is the definition. I'm all for criticism, but at least be factual in your criticism.

8. Seqq34

Seqq34
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    265ß
    so i can't have my opinion? get over yourself.....if you consider a GWD against piss poor team worthy of bragging about then that's fine. I just pointed out GWD's are misleading but whatever. You're better than me, i get it ;)

9. butkus3595

butkus3595
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,369ß
    So then what...in your estimation is clutch? Please educate us that are the unwashed masses.

10. Jimmors

Jimmors
    Expand Collapse
    The Rhymenoceros
    Staff Member

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,254ß
    The problem i have with Cutler is that he has only had one season with us in which he played all 16 games (his first). Its hard to pad those stats and lead us to victory when you are sitting on the bench injured with a clipboard.

• Like Like x 1