Cutler throws to Marshall because he catches the ball!

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by JoeBear, Aug 16, 2013.

1. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka
    DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +4,124 / 10 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    2,482ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    Det is a, and always has been, a shitty none important football team. Romo was/is heavily critisized for throwing to Witten to much, it was a huge cause for the TO meltdown in the Big D, but comparing Dallas to Det is unfair b/c if Det doesn't care about their football team. Dal/Chi hold much higher standards for their team winning(deserved or not). But winning takes care of that, if the Bears went deep into the playoffs and BMarsh had 120 catches and no other player had 50, no one would care b/c they made a deep run. But go 8-8 and miss the playoffs and have those same #'s and people are going to judge you different in this town.

Besides, for all the complaints about the lack of weapons Cutler has....what DOES Stafford have? Does have have a Forte, one of the most complete ultra backs? Does stafford have anyone w/sticky hands like E Bennett? Does he have anyone as dynamic on the other side of Megatron like Jeffery? Only their TE's are impressive in Pettiegrew and Scheffler and they had 59/44 catches respectively. They literally had no reliable rb or wr's other then Calvin...Only Bear to have more then 30 catches was Forte, and none had more then 50.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Coordinator

Ratings:
    +3,209 / 12 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    3,170ß
    Isn't that the crux of the argument? Does it matter how many effective weapons we have if only is going to be used?

3. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka
    DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +4,124 / 10 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    2,482ß
    Isn't it though? Why surround and pay all this cap and use all these draft picks if he won't use them? Montana/Brady/Brees/Manning all had goto guys, but they also spread the ball around also...Brady especially.

4. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Coordinator

Ratings:
    +3,209 / 12 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    3,170ß
    That is the only way to move deep into the playoffs. If a team knows that under pressure, Cutler is only going to look at Marchall, then shutting down the passing game is easy. Pressure Cutler and put as many people as needed on Marshall. Get your INT and repeat.

• Like Like x 1
  5. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka
    DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +4,124 / 10 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    2,482ß
    And now you know what Charles Woodson knows and why GB was never scared of Cutler.

6. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Assistant Head Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +4,088 / 4 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    3,492ß
    This is exactly what the better teams do to beat us. It's not complicated. And it works for them. Jay may complete a few passes to B.Marsh in these games, but in the end they get enough ints to beat us. It makes my blood boil to watch Green Bay do this to us.

7. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka
    DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +4,124 / 10 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    2,482ß
    Same way a much less talented Wash beat us a few years ago, Cutler kept throwing Hall's way and he ended up w/4 picks. After the game Cutler said he'd do it again too....only hope for Cutler is if Trestman can break that stubbornness/arrogance of his. If he does you have a stop notch talented qb, if not you have a guy that will always cost the team in big games.

8. yttocs

yttocs Pro-Bowler
    SuperFan

Ratings:
    +111 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    152ß
    BM will be thrown to ALOT. Last year AJ and EB where down with injuries. MF was used as a blocker, along with the ( cough cough ) TE's, who really couldn't catch. This year I see MF being used right, MB will catch his share down the seem, hope AJ can stay healthy. It will be spread around, unless teams defend the pass, then MF will chew up the yards in the run game. BUT BM will be thrown to a lot, which he should be.

Sidenote : JC needs to make the right read as to when to push it to BM.

• Like Like x 1
  9. DaTreeBears

DaTreeBears Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +726 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    465ß
    In a weird way I'm glad/pleased this happening with the ints and Bmarsh issue at this time of the season. Trestman is running a vanilla offense yes. So you can rest assured Trestman is brainstorming these issues way more than we could ever imagine. Because if anybody doesn't want to see these issues during the real season it's him.Trestman provides me with a sense of serenity now about OC/HC we have never experienced since I've been watching Bear football. Would I feel this way if Lovie and Tice were still here? Not even close. We would still be discussing the same line issues with a rearrangement of deck chairs on the titanic. While watching Tice look stirringly into his play call sheet hoping for a magic genie to pop out and help him call plays. How could you be so stupid to have the play call go from Tice to Bates to the operator to his mother and then to Cutler? When you already know you have delay issues of getting plays in on time. He never once thought this bad idea lets drop the middlemen. "Hey Jay I'll be talking right to you because I'm the OC and I don't care if don't like me this how going to happen." Now we get a sense of how Tice was rough shot by the Viking players on the Love boat scandal. Just because he's a big guy he was still a pushover much like Webb and Carimi (hence why he could relate to them so well). But I digress, I feel serenity now with Trestman lets just sit back and watch the QB whisper work his magic. That's all I'm saying.

10. The Benjamin

The Benjamin George Halas
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +2,662 / 7 / -9
    ßearz ßuckz:
    3,515ß
    Yes, but if he is ALL he throws to, that is an issue. All but two passes thus far has gone to Marshall. That is NOT good.

• Like Like x 1