Cutler's Injury

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by Grizzblue, Oct 20, 2013.

1. Grizzblue

Grizzblue Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +417 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    26ß

Some people are injury prone and Jay looks to be that way. Rodgers takes as many hits (vastly more this year) and hasn't missed a game. It's not a knock against Jays character, just some people are more fragile than others.

Anyways depending on what the extent is I hope Phil has a few targets in mind if we lose him...just have a bad feeling about this.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

Ratings:
    +2,238 / 8 / -7
    ßearz ßuckz:
    136ß
    No, it's changing the topic. It's a good point to bring up at another time, but we all agree that his offensive line is good, now. Whether or not his having a bad o-line is responsible for his being injury prone is irrelevant, in comparison to what the history of his injuries will do to his time here in Chicago.
  3. draw2anderson35

draw2anderson35 Veteran

Ratings:
    +76 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    I think it can be summed up that the team's inability to develop consistency on offense around him turned Cutler from a promising QB to damaged goods even if Cutler is injury prone.
  4. DaTreeBears

DaTreeBears Veteran

Ratings:
    +444 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    45ß
    You can't compare people ability to take hits to someone else unless they are put through the exact same hits. Big part of football injury is LUCK and statistics. Just like others have stated the more hits you take the more likely hood for injury not to complicated. People only like to point to only 1 specific event that is occurring without taking other factors into play that's being dishonest. But people will say or use anything to prove their point when using skewed facts for arguments.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Coordinator SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,847 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    101ß
    1. Jay Cutler's body is high mileage to-the-max. Accumulated abuse does take a toll.
    2. And he is in his 30's now. It just stands to reason that he's going to be more fragile as we move forward.

I "get it" that there are some QB's who also have taken a lot of hits, and have had fewer injuries. But that's the exception, not the rule.
  6. GBlaze23

GBlaze23 Rookie

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    I hope he is ok, but they are reporting everywhere now that its a bad injury. We will just have to wait for the MRI I guess. The pic of him in the locker room does not look good though
  7. Grizzblue

Grizzblue Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +417 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    26ß
    Your arguing against your initial point stating that the olines of the past were to blame. Fact is Cutler is injury prone, he's proved that the last four years. Not to say he's done or it is a damning factor, just is obvious he is consistently getting hurt.
    • Like Like x 2
  8. GBlaze23

GBlaze23 Rookie

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Not sure how good this source is, but mri information is in preliminary. Muscle barely holding onto bone.
    Your facts and relevant opinions have no place on this board. Damn you.

Edit: And thats what I am getting preliminary btw too. Muscle holding on by a string. Should be official soon
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Grizzblue

Grizzblue Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +417 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    26ß
    Glad to get back to the topic at hand. Anyways if it is serious are you guys ok with McCown/Palmer or does Emery need to pick up the phone. I would love to get a younger guy (Ponder is the obvious example) to see what he can do. If nothing else it will allow us to gauge how cutler REALLY effects the offense either positively or negatively. All a bit early though as nothing is confirmed with Cutler. It just seems worse and worse as we get closer to the announcement.
  10. GBlaze23

GBlaze23 Rookie

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    I wont name names incase they are wrong, but I use to work for nfl.com so I know a few people. I am hearing it is bad. We do need a young qb, I agree, but Im not sure on ponder. He can extend plays but has shown his arm. Not something I am interested in personally

An article should be out in the next hour or 2 when confirmed. They are already working on it.
  11. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,475 / 6 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    280ß
    I would not go w/Ponder. Draft a kid in the 2nd-4th, to be a real backup w/the potential to start.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. DaTreeBears

DaTreeBears Veteran

Ratings:
    +444 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    45ß
    Jay plays hard with reckless abandon I would say at times. This exposes him to injury as well as bad line over the years add it all up increases his chances of injury along with the wear and tear of the game. Call it injury prone or bad luck it's football injury's happen especially when you get older. Jim McMahon played the same way Favre did to but concussions back then wouldn't take you out of a game. Pain pills were Favres best friend this game is brutal injury prone/poor luck everyone pays a price when they get done playing this game at end of their career if they play regularly for a number of years.
  13. Grizzblue

Grizzblue Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +417 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    26ß
    I was thinking someone to help us this year. Someone young who could be had cheap with potential. Dosent have to be Ponder just an example I came up wjth. Not some old washed up guy either, someone who can come I maybe exceed expectations and give us hope/a view of how cutler effects the offense
  14. shark86x

shark86x Pro-Bowler SuperFan

Ratings:
    +492 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    63ß
  15. lklrlolnlilklsox

lklrlolnlilklsox Position Coach

Ratings:
    +276 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Well, there's always next year. :10_4_1[1]:
    • Like Like x 1
  16. AtomicTommy

AtomicTommy DaBears Ditka

Ratings:
    +2,476 / 13 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    94ß
    They are reporting he is out for 4 weeks ... that blows ... this season is toast.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. AtomicTommy

AtomicTommy DaBears Ditka

Ratings:
    +2,476 / 13 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    94ß
    This could be a game changer for the Bears... if we end up with a top 10 pick... we could very well easily take a QB.

You can't tell me that Trestman wouldn't like the opportunity to do that.
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Grizzblue

Grizzblue Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +417 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    26ß
    I just have this feeling that we wont see #6 on the field again this year. I mean a torn groin? Only out for a month? Not trying to be negative but I just don't see that as something that will heal before Feburary, I mean unless its a tiny little tear not sure how it will heal in a month. This could just be a PR stunt or they are not trying to seem desperate when they go fishing for a bandaide QB somewhere
  19. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Coordinator SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,847 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    101ß
    • Like Like x 1
  20. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,475 / 6 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    280ß
    I gottcha, but I still wouldn't do that. McCown is bad, but I'm not sure he's worse then Ponder, and Ponder doesn't know the Bears O and it would cost the Bears a high pick, which they need to replenish the D next year. I would move to weary of going w/Ponder instead of a flat no.