DaBears.com web site

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by sluggobear, May 18, 2014.

1. sluggobear

sluggobear Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    245ß
    Ratings:
    +132 / 0 / -0
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    I'm not sure who put this website together, but they deserve a lot of credit. I have been on different bear websites since 2000. I like how this website is put together and functions. I get through the year by reading what others have to say and their perspectives about the Bears. It is nice to be with like minded Bear fans. One again thank you very much for creating and maintaining the website. Go Bears!

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. The Benjamin

The Benjamin George Halas
    Staff Member

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,014ß
    Ratings:
    +2,840 / 7 / -9
    That would be site owner, the man, the myth, Skiwhiz

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2014
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Ski-Whiz

Ski-Whiz George Halas
    Staff Member

ßearz ßuckz:
    1,139ß
    Ratings:
    +1,248 / 1 / -2
    Thanks. The members, including myself have gone through a LOT. We actually started the site over at DaBearz.com. We eventually purchased this domain name, ran both sites at the same time. Then I pulled the trigger to merge them.

We have a pretty funny, and long history here! This site was been maintained by not just me, but the "staff" here, especially while I was deployed (I was active duty U.S. Navy; I recently retired).

While we have issues some times, I have the same frustrations, so I try to resolve them. I also try to keep things fresh here.

While we may not be perfect, we make up for it with good times!

Thanks for the compliment, but honestly, the members and staff deserve more of the credit. I usually give out more headaches than anything. Have the time people don't know what I'm doing next.. lol

This morning, I found some colors that were cooperating. So I'm tweaking them, without affecting other colors on the site (it's a pain since most colors are connected on here).

BEAR DOWN!

~ Rick

4. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Coordinator

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,765ß
    Ratings:
    +3,603 / 13 / -0
    Isn't there some sort of law that says you can't just work on some colrs and ignore the rest?

5. Ski-Whiz

Ski-Whiz George Halas
    Staff Member

ßearz ßuckz:
    1,139ß
    Ratings:
    +1,248 / 1 / -2

HAHAHA! Nice! Somehow I bet we could debate this in The Bar Scene..

Funny thing is when I tweak one color, it also affects another area. Since there are a lot of share color "variables".

6. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Coordinator

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,765ß
    Ratings:
    +3,603 / 13 / -0
    ok, sounds like you're good then!

Hey what happened to our smiley faces?

7. Ski-Whiz

Ski-Whiz George Halas
    Staff Member

ßearz ßuckz:
    1,139ß
    Ratings:
    +1,248 / 1 / -2
    I added a more advanced text editor. So it's a little harder, but adds a LOT more function for those that want it.

Click "Insert"--> Smilies.. The smilies will pop up as normal.

If you hover over the smilies a window will pop up on the right, but that is a terrible way to get smilies.

So click the Insert --> Smilies.. Then you will see them all separated by tabs and categories.

8. Ski-Whiz

Ski-Whiz George Halas
    Staff Member

ßearz ßuckz:
    1,139ß
    Ratings:
    +1,248 / 1 / -2
    I started this place because of the cbmb and how they didn't care about their message board.

many people have tried to copy our feel and ideas but we still remain solid while they have collapsed.

how long have you been visiting the site?

9. soulman

soulman Hall of Famer
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    1,168ß
    Ratings:
    +2,112 / 7 / -3
    Well the sole credit for the idea and the incubation goes to Ski-Whiz. Back in 2004 he got tired of all the trolling, trash talking and juvenile bullshit that went on the Bears official site and decided to start this site recruiting a number of us from that official site along the way.

It's been about ten years now (don't we have an official tenth year anniversary coming up?) and not only are we still going strong, we've grown tremendously in membership as well as having increased the sophistication of the site ten fold or more.

Glad to have you with us sluggo. It's good posters and good members who help keep this place alive with lot of help and assistance from Ski and the rest of the Admin Staff. It works well because they all work hard to keep it this way.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Grizzblue

Grizzblue Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    482ß
    Ratings:
    +682 / 3 / -0
    I agree, great job with this site Ski!

• Like Like x 1