DaBears.com web site

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by sluggobear, May 18, 2014.

1. MPbears68

MPbears68 Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    1,045ß
    Ratings:
    +1,956 / 2 / -0
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    Thank you, Ski, for this site and the tweaks you do to continually improve it.

2. Ski-Whiz

Ski-Whiz George Halas
    Staff Member

ßearz ßuckz:
    1,133ß
    Ratings:
    +1,244 / 1 / -2
    Thanks!! I'm doing my best, retiring from the military this year is going to help out a LOT, and the site will rock because of it!

Thanks. Who would have thought with only one kid left in my house (and a junior in HS) I would be so busy still? Either way, I'm forcing myself to find time to tweak the site, and tastefully change things.

The new site that was launched in August 2013 is awesome. The feel and speed is nice. It's the best this site has been since we started close to 10 years ago..

3. Chicago_66

Chicago_66 Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    196ß
    Ratings:
    +478 / 0 / -0
    Wasn't there a period where you had to recover your name? I was on this site ages ago and then my account was gone. There was some process to recover the old name but I ended up just using my current email since I no longer used the email associated with the previous account.

I echo what's been said though, great site.

4. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

ßearz ßuckz:
    901ß
    Ratings:
    +2,768 / 8 / -10
    The site isn't without it's share of problems. For example, I can't steal Bearbucks from little bear or Bearstuff anymore, AND I've banned Benji at least a dozen times, but my non existent mod powers have no affect lol

• Like Like x 2
  5. Ojibway Bob

Ojibway Bob Veteran
    SuperFan

ßearz ßuckz:
    235ß
    Ratings:
    +164 / 0 / -1
    I love this site and <sob> you guys too....as I mentioned in another thread I was addicted heavy to WoW, so now I swap out addictions for this site......damn you admin types for giving me reason to be online 2-3 hours a day!!!!!

At least I can do this in the backyard on my tab or at work on my phone...Thanks

6. Ski-Whiz

Ski-Whiz George Halas
    Staff Member

ßearz ßuckz:
    1,133ß
    Ratings:
    +1,244 / 1 / -2
    That was probably us. We merged DaBearz.com to this site. It could have been when when we lost everything last July/August. Thanks for coming back. The problems of old are hopefully behind us. It does take a lot of time to keep this place up and running. There are a lot of variables that need to be tweaked so the multiple scripts all like each other. Then there is the server and how it handles the scripts..

lol Yeah, i haven't found a way to bring back the Bearbucks. I know of a way to bring back the money side, it's the spending part that is the problem.

This new site works really well with tablets and phones. This place will get even better now that I can add content to it.

7. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

ßearz ßuckz:
    901ß
    Ratings:
    +2,768 / 8 / -10
    As long as I can steal from Bearstuff and little bear, I'm fine with it having no other use lol

• Like Like x 3
  8. MPbears68

MPbears68 Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    1,045ß
    Ratings:
    +1,956 / 2 / -0
    Ski, is the Kermit/Newsman poster an actual person or some sort of automated article service?

Because whatever "he" is, it's pretty annoying to be constantly cluttering up the board with duplicate and redundant threads that only contain the first few lines of some article. Any options for remedying this?

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. soulman

soulman Hall of Famer
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    793ß
    Ratings:
    +1,962 / 7 / -3
    Speaking of which what was the date in 2004 you brought this online. I thought it was in late spring or early summer. I can remember you asking me to stop in and check it out and that must have been in October when I registered but the site was up and running for a few months before that as I recall. So do we have an official start date or should we just create one? I think a 10th year anniversary celebration is in order. Not many fan sites like this last this long Rick and that's a credit to you, the staff and all of the guys here.

By the way. Can we go back in the registrations and see who most of the original members were. The guys who came on board within the first year or two? I can remember quite a few but I'm sure there are others I've skipped over or forgotten. Oh, and you can leave Iron Mike and ryangasx off the list, that annoying little turd. What did we have, about 50 when we started? Now how many? And the great thing about all of it is that we're still doing business today about the same way we did 10 years ago and the CBMB that was the inspiration for this place is no more. Long Live The King! :8 14 7[1]:

10. The Benjamin

The Benjamin George Halas
    Staff Member

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,981ß
    Ratings:
    +2,832 / 7 / -9
    Been here since 2006 :D