Dan Durkin: Rookie Spotlight — DT Ego Ferguson

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by dachuckster, Jun 27, 2014.

1. dachuckster

dachuckster Veteran SuperFan

Ratings:
    +341 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    174ß
    • Like Like x 2
  2. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +3,332 / 9 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,506ß
    good read, just gives you a hint of how complex the line play in college and the nfl is. And it sounds like he has a good head on his shoulders to already have a lot of that installed.

Here's to hoping Paul Pas can get his hand and footwork down in TC, if he does we could have a real beast in the interior for several years.
  3. soulman

soulman Pro-Bowler SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,914 / 7 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,760ß
    To me the positives come from his ability to read and react. I'm relatively certain Pasqualoni can fix his technique issues but trying to fix what isn't instinctive or inside a guys head already is always a challenge. Like they say, "you can't fix stupid".

So the kid has very good metrics but his production was low because maybe no one showed him the right way to do things. That's not all that shocking in college ball where some of these guys can simply depend on their size and strength to get by.

I'm just hoping what we're getting is a big mean ass NT who can eventually take over for Ratliff who spent most of his career as a big mean ass NT. Jared Allen called Ratliff a "beast" and I'm hoping in two years he can say the same about Ferguson.