Day Two Discussion

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by Grizzblue, May 8, 2014.

1. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +3,326 / 9 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,502ß
    Pats get Jimmy G at the end of the 2nd.
  2. Chicago_66

Chicago_66 Veteran

Ratings:
    +404 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    95ß
    Jimmy Garoppolo to the Patsies? Either Brady's replacement or a couple years from now they'll be fleecing some team in a trade.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Position Coach

Ratings:
    +1,893 / 7 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,211ß
    That was a good pick IMO
  4. riczaj01

Ratings:
    +3,326 / 9 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,502ß
    yep, they get a solid backup for a few years, and if Brady retires and he works out they're set, if not they can get a stupid team to give them a few 1st's.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. jackiejokeman

jackiejokeman Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +215 / 2 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    519ß
    The hoody ... always scheming.
  6. riczaj01

Ratings:
    +3,326 / 9 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,502ß
    Emery stated they were targeting both Ego and Sutton in the 2nd and 3rd. Both have upside, both can stop the run
  7. Chicago_66

Chicago_66 Veteran

Ratings:
    +404 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    95ß
    What a turnaround last years DL to this years. Crazy.
  8. riczaj01

Ratings:
    +3,326 / 9 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,502ß
    Emery said that no one could run on Ego from the tape they saw. And both could set the edge.

Said they wanted to get back to a hard nosed Bears D that stopped the run and got after the QB.
  9. Chicago_66

Chicago_66 Veteran

Ratings:
    +404 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    95ß
    I can't wait to see this team on the field. Not getting gashed down the middle play after play is going to be so great. Last year was G, LB, LB. This year was CB, DT, DT.. I like how he double dips at positions, get a nice injection of talent and youth and don't put all your eggs in one basket. Who knows what Greene and Bostic could look like behind a solid DL and a full off season under their belts. Hell if McClellin can be an average starter that'd do wonders for our defense.
  10. riczaj01

Ratings:
    +3,326 / 9 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,502ß
    I don't have my expectations to high for Greene, and only slightly optimistic about Shea and Bostic.
  11. jackiejokeman

jackiejokeman Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +215 / 2 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    519ß
    Ric,
    Take away Danimal ,Mongo and Dent and is Singletary that good?
  12. riczaj01

Ratings:
    +3,326 / 9 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,502ß
  13. soulman

soulman Pro-Bowler SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,914 / 7 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,760ß
    Well Day 2 is now history as well.

I don't like the Ferguson pick at all. It seems to be that there was a run on DLinemen with Hageman, Jernigan and Tuitt coming off the board earlier in two and to me we reached here to get a DT whose more of a fit for Tucker then he is for the Bears defense. I'll agree that the kid has upside but if Hageman is a project this kid is even more of one. I think there were better players on the board at this spot.

Sutton at least partly makes up for missing out on Donald. He has a great pedigree, plays the same type of game and if he'd kept his weight in check last year he may well have been a 1st round pick right along with Donald. After Donald he was the best pass rushing DT in the draft and we needed a 3 tech DT who can penetrate and disrupt. Sutton makes missing out on Donald just a little easier to take.
  14. Chicago_66

Chicago_66 Veteran

Ratings:
    +404 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    95ß
    I would have loved Hageman/Sutton in 2 and 3 but just wasn't meant to be. Ego should be an asset against the run and hopefully cause AP and Lacy fits. We're facing some serious talent at RB within our division (Bush ain't nothing to laugh at) and this helps us immensely. Even if we could terrorize QB's they would just hand it off 40 times a game and set records in YPC and set their season high in rushing. Now we're going to be hell to play against. Izzy is pretty good against the run as well if he's on the roster when Week 1 rolls around.
    • Like Like x 1
  15. riczaj01

Ratings:
    +3,326 / 9 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,502ß
    wait, isn't Tucker the DC, ie the person running the Bears Def? If he's a fit for Tucker how is he NOT a fit for the Bears D? Let me repeat this b/c apparently people don't get it, there is no Lovie cover 2 anymore. So NO ONE knows WHAT the Bears D is.

Ego is going to also be asked to play NT not DT, this kid is a, physically, spitting image of Pat Williams, Both sitting at 6'3 315ish lbs who was asked to stuff the run like most NT's are and NOT asked to get after the QB, in his career his 13 year career he had 20, lil more then 1 a yr. Ego is a great fit for NT but needs to learn the game; ie like Long last year, but in the middle of the 2nd round not the middle of the 1st.

I don't think Sutton is a consolation prize at all, unlike Donald Sutton could easily play at 290-300 lb's, just not 310-315, and he's just as explosive and disruptive. This is again a guy Emery talked about before the draft when he said "bigger is better". I would expect the Bears to have Sutton play at 290-295 w/that being the case. Something I'm not positive Donald could have done. You got Donalds doppelganger in the middle of the 3rd round, allowing the team to get a starting CB for Tillaman position next year.
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Chicago_66

Chicago_66 Veteran

Ratings:
    +404 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    95ß
    Truly was a beautiful draft. I feel like Tucker was restricted by being handicapped to Lovie's scheme. I get the feeling he'll throw some hybrid looks in there and just like you said, if Ego's a fit for Tucker, he's a fit for the Bears. My biggest beef with scheme player was when we ousted Greg Olsen because he wasn't what Martz wanted for his TE position. Bringing in a talented player who fits a scheme makes way more sense and is fine with me. I think Ego is going to help this team Day 1 in rotation and is only going to get better.

He really is a Long type player but much more value being in the bottom half of round 2. I'm very excited about Sutton, I think I'd take him over Donald and we landed him in 3 rather than using our first. Tillman leaving is no longer a reason to go into crisis mode and we have a baller at the nickel position. Donald could be great, but he commanded a high price and has the same size limitations of Sutton, if not worse. I bet Jared Allen is frothing at the mouth right now, he's about to make some NFC North QB's very, very nervous.
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Chicago_66

Chicago_66 Veteran

Ratings:
    +404 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    95ß
    Basically Donald going into the draft this year is what Sutton was last year entering the season. Donald had 28.5 TFL and 11 sacks while Sutton in his breakout year had 23.5 TFL and 13 sacks. Very similar production but much more value going in the 3rd to us. Donald very well could turn out to be a monster at this level, but he wasn't around come 14 so it doesn't really matter. It'll be cool to see how both their careers turn out, and I'm glad Donald isn't in our division. He can go make life hell for the Hawks and 9ers for all I care. That Rams DL should be pretty fun to watch.
    • Like Like x 1
  18. riczaj01

Ratings:
    +3,326 / 9 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,502ß
    And most 2015 draft boards had Ego in the first if the Scouting guy on 670 was correct. Ego should have stayed in college, but his mom got hurt and couldn't work, so the kid left school to play pro. So instead of the 1st he's getting 2nd round money, still not shabby.
  19. Chicago_66

Chicago_66 Veteran

Ratings:
    +404 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    95ß
    Great point, the kid left college for the right reasons and if he wants to support his Mom one could venture to guess he's going to bust his ass to be great. First round talent in each of the first three rounds? Sounds like a deal to me.
    Last edited: May 10, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Position Coach

Ratings:
    +1,893 / 7 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,211ß
    What I'm concerned about is that Tucker may also be a member of that group.