Devin Hester looking for $4m/year

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by Jimmors, Mar 19, 2014.

1. strockrocks

strockrocks Veteran

Ratings:
    +219 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    33ß
    Does he not have people giving him advice and telling him to stop talking?

First, he says something like "I'm the best player in the NFL".

Then, a story comes out that Trestman asked him to try WR but Devin ultimately said 'no', because he wasn't on the same page as the guys on the offense. Well now, THAT'S something you don't want to admit. So he basically couldn't have been half way good with the help of Marshall, Marty B, Alshon, and Forte?? Yet he's advertising himself saying he can play WR, or even corner.

That makes no sense to ask for $4 milliion; do you think his peers think he's insane as well? Somebody needs to help him find a job a different way.
  2. yttocs

yttocs Pro-Bowler SuperFan

Ratings:
    +57 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    44ß
    It's getting really tiresome with all of your BU shit. I haven't seen a recent quote, dont watch his show cause I dont care what he says. Look he was a great player for us for years, let it go people. Guess Sayers sucks azz too, same with many of the x Bears who spoke out. Get a life.

:10_7_5[1]:
  3. The Benjamin

The Benjamin George Halas Staff Member

Ratings:
    +2,168 / 7 / -9
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,586ß
    the dude takes every opportunity to rip the Bears because he felt mistreated. His most recent attack on the Bears

4. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Assistant Head Coach SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +3,073 / 4 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,814ß
    Urlacher and Sayers are obviously great Bears players and will be remembered by most fans that way. I'll always be grateful for their play on the field. But it's not on the fans, regarding Urlacher (and in the past, Sayers) publicly knocking the team. He's certainly free to say whatever negative stuff he wants, just like the fans can poke fun at him for looking rather foolish doing it. I wish, for his own sake, he'd let it all go and just enjoy his retirement & the rest of his life That's my 2-cents worth.
    • Like Like x 2
  5. yttocs

Ratings:
    +57 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    44ß
    Everyone is free to say what they want. He may RIP the Bears, others are ripping an ex Bears difference is? If he rips its wrong but if you rip him ( with your free speech) its ok? Thats all I mean. Dont like what BU says, dont listen, not use it to defend oneself Remember him as a Bear, not someone on TV. He's not a Bear on his show.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. The Benjamin

Ratings:
    +2,168 / 7 / -9
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,586ß
    He is free to say what he wants. Free speech and all. I am not the only one ripping urlacher for being bitter.... I just find it funny he is doing everything he once complained about.
  7. JustAnotherBearsFan99

Ratings:
    +3,073 / 4 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,814ß
    Actually, that's what I'm trying to do. At some point this will all be forgotten, and all folks will remember will be his great playing days for the Bears. Same with Sayers in past years. I just tried to remember him for the great years he gave us.
  8. yttocs

Ratings:
    +57 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    44ß
    As a player one might take it different. I don't mean just you, not personal. He needs to draw a crowd to get payed, by whatever means. Don't like something don't keep going back for more.
  9. The Benjamin

Ratings:
    +2,168 / 7 / -9
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,586ß
    My whole point in all of this, he used to hate the media for "causing trouble" by speaking out about the flaws in the Bears. He hated when ex players spoke out about the Bears flaws.

He has become everything that he once hated.

Add in his jabs at the fans at the end of 2012, and you can see why some fans feel as they do.

As a player I loved the guy. But right now he is making it hard to like him. And several Bear fans feel that way.
  10. yttocs

Ratings:
    +57 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    44ß
    He's no longer a Bear to me, so I dont care what he says. I dont watch / follow him anymore. If more did this it just might take the MIC away from him. Bad PR is still good PR THEY say.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. JustAnotherBearsFan99

Ratings:
    +3,073 / 4 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,814ß
    One thing I keep thinking about is how hard it is to make the transition to retirement, even in an ordinary job. I retired a bit over 10 years ago, and it was emotionally hard. I can't imagine how hard it is for a guy to hang up a great NFL career......it would be 1000 times more emotional than what I went through. In my case I couldn't stay retired, even though I'd dreamed for several years how great retirement was going to be. In my case, it wasn't so hot. I'm 10+ years into another career now, and happier than those few months that I was retired. But Brian can't go back to being an NFL player. The best he can do is just talk about it as a TV guy. I'll bet that sucks bigtime, even though he'd never admit it.

For these reasons I'm willing to try and not pay attention to when Brian gets critical of the Bears. He earned a "pass" in my book, for all that he gave the team. It wasn't just his talent, but more than that - it was his heart and soul that he put into his play. This is just a phase, and he'll get over it. And we'll just remember the good stuff.
  12. draw2anderson35

draw2anderson35 Veteran

Ratings:
    +99 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    25ß
    ARE WE ALL forgetting this man raced a cheetah and won! Hester just wants to get paid b/c of the possible hype of breaking the return record w/ a new team & this potentially being his last NFL contract. He's got all the time in the world right now to eventually come down in price and sign before camp starts.

Luckily he has his degree at TheU to fall back on.... ... .. . .

[​IMG]
  13. soulman

soulman Pro-Bowler SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,914 / 7 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,761ß
    Well said. Too many people are missing the point that he now gets paid to comment on the NFL and I'm sure his producers encourage him to comment on his former team just like many others who have come before him have done. Too many fans are over reacting to it and keeping whatever problems they have with it alive. A very long time ago Brian Urlacher stated that he really doesn't give a rip what the average fan thinks and in a way he's right, or at least a lot of them are proving him right with this continued battering of his comments.

I guess it's OK for Bears fans to question the plans, schemes, and personnel decisions of the team but not him. Wake up guys. He's not the Bears MLB anymore with a need to go along with the front office in order to get along. Someone else signs his paycheck these days and in reality he's not saying anything that many around here haven't said as well. It's just that some of us are more honest about sharing his opinions while others prefer to hide theirs in the closet and take the seemingly more popular approach of "hating".

Bears fans on forums here and elsewhere find things to criticize the team over daily and no one loses any sleep over that but if Urlacher does it well then that's a capital offense right? IMHO that's :chickenshit3kc:. Should we have a quick trial, find him guilty of sedition, and hang him as a traitor to his former team? Scotty is right. If you don't like what he has to say don't listen. They've been putting volume knobs and channel switching devices on TV and radios for as long as I've been on this planet and that's been a good long while. So USE the God damn things and stop crying about it. You're all doing yourselves exactly what you're accusing him of. Pot and kettles all pointing fingers calling one another black. :laugh&point:
  14. shark86x

shark86x Pro-Bowler SuperFan

Ratings:
    +799 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    446ß
    Yeah, he beat the cheetah, but DH has a LOT more experience at running back and forth. That race wasn't fair to the cheetah.
  15. JustAnotherBearsFan99

Ratings:
    +3,073 / 4 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,814ß
    Soul, you're dating yourself :-)
    Sadly, I remember volume knobs too :-(

[​IMG]
    • Like Like x 1
  16. JustAnotherBearsFan99

Ratings:
    +3,073 / 4 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,814ß
    The cheetah says he will play for less than the $4-mil though. Heck, maybe we can feed him Major Wright & let him play safety :D
    • Like Like x 1
  17. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +3,677 / 10 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,867ß
    When I think of Knob I think of two things, besides old tv's

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  18. Jimmors

Jimmors The Rhymenoceros Staff Member

Ratings:
    +4,726 / 8 / -6
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,089ß
  19. GibsonMcQueen

GibsonMcQueen Rookie

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    3 year deal! They'll be lucky if there is still any kicks for him to return in 3 years with the way the rules committees are going.
  20. BearJim

BearJim Veteran SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +167 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    68ß
    I wish him well & hope he breaks the record, just not against us. I'm curious to how much they are paying him.
    • Agree Agree x 1