Devin Hester looking for $4m/year

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by Jimmors, Mar 19, 2014.

1. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99
    Expand Collapse
    Assistant Head Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    5,287ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    One thing I keep thinking about is how hard it is to make the transition to retirement, even in an ordinary job. I retired a bit over 10 years ago, and it was emotionally hard. I can't imagine how hard it is for a guy to hang up a great NFL career......it would be 1000 times more emotional than what I went through. In my case I couldn't stay retired, even though I'd dreamed for several years how great retirement was going to be. In my case, it wasn't so hot. I'm 10+ years into another career now, and happier than those few months that I was retired. But Brian can't go back to being an NFL player. The best he can do is just talk about it as a TV guy. I'll bet that sucks bigtime, even though he'd never admit it.

For these reasons I'm willing to try and not pay attention to when Brian gets critical of the Bears. He earned a "pass" in my book, for all that he gave the team. It wasn't just his talent, but more than that - it was his heart and soul that he put into his play. This is just a phase, and he'll get over it. And we'll just remember the good stuff.

2. draw2anderson35

draw2anderson35
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    28ß
    ARE WE ALL forgetting this man raced a cheetah and won! Hester just wants to get paid b/c of the possible hype of breaking the return record w/ a new team & this potentially being his last NFL contract. He's got all the time in the world right now to eventually come down in price and sign before camp starts.

Luckily he has his degree at TheU to fall back on.... ... .. . .

[​IMG]

3. soulman

soulman
    Expand Collapse
    Coordinator
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,935ß
    Well said. Too many people are missing the point that he now gets paid to comment on the NFL and I'm sure his producers encourage him to comment on his former team just like many others who have come before him have done. Too many fans are over reacting to it and keeping whatever problems they have with it alive. A very long time ago Brian Urlacher stated that he really doesn't give a rip what the average fan thinks and in a way he's right, or at least a lot of them are proving him right with this continued battering of his comments.

I guess it's OK for Bears fans to question the plans, schemes, and personnel decisions of the team but not him. Wake up guys. He's not the Bears MLB anymore with a need to go along with the front office in order to get along. Someone else signs his paycheck these days and in reality he's not saying anything that many around here haven't said as well. It's just that some of us are more honest about sharing his opinions while others prefer to hide theirs in the closet and take the seemingly more popular approach of "hating".

Bears fans on forums here and elsewhere find things to criticize the team over daily and no one loses any sleep over that but if Urlacher does it well then that's a capital offense right? IMHO that's :chickenshit3kc:. Should we have a quick trial, find him guilty of sedition, and hang him as a traitor to his former team? Scotty is right. If you don't like what he has to say don't listen. They've been putting volume knobs and channel switching devices on TV and radios for as long as I've been on this planet and that's been a good long while. So USE the God damn things and stop crying about it. You're all doing yourselves exactly what you're accusing him of. Pot and kettles all pointing fingers calling one another black. :laugh&point:

4. shark86x

shark86x
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler
    SuperFan

ßearz ßuckz:
    1,037ß
    Yeah, he beat the cheetah, but DH has a LOT more experience at running back and forth. That race wasn't fair to the cheetah.

5. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99
    Expand Collapse
    Assistant Head Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    5,287ß
    Soul, you're dating yourself :-)
    Sadly, I remember volume knobs too :-(

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  6. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99
    Expand Collapse
    Assistant Head Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    5,287ß
    The cheetah says he will play for less than the $4-mil though. Heck, maybe we can feed him Major Wright & let him play safety :D

• Like Like x 1
  7. riczaj01

riczaj01
    Expand Collapse
    DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,161ß
    When I think of Knob I think of two things, besides old tv's

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Jimmors

Jimmors
    Expand Collapse
    The Rhymenoceros
    Staff Member

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,209ß
  9. GibsonMcQueen

GibsonMcQueen
    Expand Collapse
    Rookie

ßearz ßuckz:
    3 year deal! They'll be lucky if there is still any kicks for him to return in 3 years with the way the rules committees are going.

10. BearJim

BearJim
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    115ß
    I wish him well & hope he breaks the record, just not against us. I'm curious to how much they are paying him.

• Agree Agree x 1