Devin Hester officially released?

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by Grizzblue, Mar 5, 2014.

1. Rogelio

Rogelio Veteran

Ratings:
    +129 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    64ß
    Hester WILL make more than a million dollars next year, so it was pointless to offer him what the Bears plan on alloting to a kick returner. The Bears offered Urlacher a fair deal, and he responded as if Emery taken a crap on the hood of his car. Urlacher thought he was worth $6 mil (I believe), and then had to slink into a red-faced retirement saying "No, it's cool. I really wanted to retire anyway. I had like, a million offers, but I'm totes cool just retiring intead."

Besides, who cares if he didn't want him back? I think Hester still has some left in the tank, but maybe Emery doesn't. Just because players were great for us in the past doesn't mean we are required to give them contracts in perpetuity until that player decides to retire. If that were the case, Brett Favre would still be starting for the Packers.
    • Like Like x 2
  2. DaTreeBears

DaTreeBears Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +677 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    376ß
    What a bunch of whining baby's. It's ok when they are getting payed multi-millions. But as soon as they are let go oh my god how can they be this disrespectful? It's a business that's what they say every F'en time they want to justify their overrated fucking contract, but when business part releases them or wants to resign them at lesser deal it no longer is a business just disrespect. Fans also can't separate their emotions from their sweetheart players and look at the big picture. That involves making hard business decisions for creating the best possibility for a championship team. If these players weren't getting payed these crazy fucking salary's, yeah they could play grab ass and kiss smoochy face with each long term player they have but that's not life in the NFL. So stop whining you bunch of pussies and play football or move on. Lesson of life it's hard it sucks deal with it and stop crying because I don't give a shit just fuck'en WIN!
    • Like Like x 1
  3. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Coordinator SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,460 / 3 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    906ß
    Don't say that too loud or he might come back out of retirement. Yikes!

[​IMG]
  4. ticat

ticat Veteran

Ratings:
    +55 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    24ß
    Williams replaced marcus thigpen that went to the miami dolphins and stayed, and williams is alot better. IMO.
  5. 4th and 26

4th and 26 George Halas Staff Member

Ratings:
    +614 / 3 / -6
    ßearz ßuckz:
    344ß
    Jerry Angelo would have given up 2 1st round picks for him.