Ditka: Decision to Hold Super Bowl in New Jersey "Stupid"

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by JustAnotherBearsFan99, Jan 28, 2014.

1. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99
    Expand Collapse
    Assistant Head Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    5,655ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    FWIW.

2. butkus3595

butkus3595
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,519ß
    Well at least he got it right and said it's in Jersey and not New York like everyone and their mother has been saying. The weather is gonna be fine. It won't be warm, about 35 degrees...but other than that no issues. Everyone is over blowing this thing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. 4dabers

4dabers
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler
    DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    713ß
    I agree with Ditka. The last time our beloved played in the Superbowl, it was a disaster; is was a monsoon. Does anyone remember that game? There was 8 freakin turnovers in that game, it was a mess. Regular season games are fine, but the Superbowl is a Championship game and it should be played in conditions that allow the strengths of each team, as they were built and executed over the season to get them there, to be on display.

If the weather had not been an issue in SB XLI, I'm not saying we would have won, but I think our chances would have been better. Frankly, I would prefer to play in the cold as opposed to that tropical down poor we had to play in at Miami. That was pathetic, and that should not be the case for such a huge event.

4. butkus3595

butkus3595
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,519ß
    But you contradict yourself. If anything bad weather would have hurt the Colts and helped us. They actually played better once it started raining and we played worse. Listen, if you can play the game to get into the Superbowl in bad weather, you can play the Superbowl in bad weather. It's football! The better team SHOULD be prepared and play well in any weather, and they should deserve to win. I mean why not just make the Superbowl the best 2 out of 3 while we're at it...because you know that saying...any given Sunday...and a game of that importance is just to great to risk to a chance victory.

5. Grizzblue

Grizzblue
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    518ß
    I think all this whining in the media about the possibility of bad weather is just stupid. I'm so sick of hearing how "its not fair to manning" It's football, and playing in a warm weather climate or dome each year benefits any dome or warm weather team that makes it. Part of being a good team and coaching staff is the ability to adapt and I think every other SB should be played in the north.

• Like Like x 1
  6. 4dabers

4dabers
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler
    DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    713ß
    "But you contradict yourself. If anything bad weather would have hurt the Colts and helped us."

On the contrary, we got there with a superior Defense, a solid but not great offense with a mediocre QB, and a Special teams unit that stared the Amazing new talent by the name of Devin Hester.
    A great QB can overcome the elements, which the Colts obviously had; an average QB cannot, which is what we had and it DID effect HIM. Slippery footing almost ALWAYS is an advantage for the offense, thus, if a great offensive team is going up against a great defensive team, guess which one is going to get the short end of the stick. Since WE got there primarily BECAUSE of our DEFENSE, then the elements took away our primary advantage and the part of our team that got us there.

"They actually played better once it started raining and we played worse."

Just proved my point above.

"Listen, if you can play the game to get into the Superbowl in bad weather, you can play the Superbowl in bad weather. It's football!"

That's fine brother, and for ALL OTHER games, I agree with you. I guess it just depends on how seriously you take this game (the Super Bowl). All other playoff games SHOULD have an advantage based on home field and home weather because the better team theoretically earned that advantage over the course of the season. However, once you get to the Super Bowl, it's supposed to be even.

"The better team SHOULD be prepared and play well in any weather, and they should deserve to win."
    Of course that is the case, but regardless of how much you prepare, if the elements give or take an advantage to one team or the other, then the better team MAY NOT win. That's the point of it all. Heavy snow or heavy rain will ALWAYS put the Defense at a disadvantage because of footing. Heavy wind will always but the Offense at a disadvantage because it takes away the passing game. No amount of preparation will change that for either team, and the more severe the weather the more the dreaded "Luck" becomes more of a variable than "Talent".

"I mean why not just make the Superbowl the best 2 out of 3 while we're at it...because you know that saying...any given Sunday...and a game of that importance is just to great to risk to a chance victory."
    Oh come on, now your just getting snotty when all we're doing is talking about where the Super Bowl should be played. Do we really want to do that? Our team isn't even playing.

7. riczaj01

riczaj01
    Expand Collapse
    DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,508ß
    So tired of Ditka and his waxing idiodic.

• Like Like x 1
  8. 4dabers

4dabers
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler
    DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    713ß
    HATER! I'M CALLING HATER...DITKA HATER IN DA HOUSE!!!

I have to warn you Ric, this is the second time in as many days that I have borne witness to your sacrilege, and as the Past Grand Pooba of the Greater Downstate Illinois Chapter of the Mike Ditka Man Love and Meatball Society I still carry a lotta weight witt some very powerful and scary people. I'm not sayin...I'm just sayin...you been warned.
    :14_6_6[1]: :14_6_12[1]::3_12_22[1]:

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. riczaj01

riczaj01
    Expand Collapse
    DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,508ß
    I loved Ditka as much as the next fanboy; but the reality is he's parity of a parity of what he once was and I've grown tired of it. Just let him retire to his riches and take naps all day and no one will have to know about it.

• Like Like x 1
  10. 4dabers

4dabers
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler
    DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    713ß
    riczaj01 = [​IMG]