Dix or Nix? The Chicago Bears first round pick is…

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by JustAnotherBearsFan99, Feb 11, 2014.

1. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 SuperFan

FWIW

2. Jimmors

Jimmors The Rhymenoceros SuperFan

Im going to wait until after the combine, but if Ha-Ha turns out to be a safety stud, then theres no way we pass him up if he's available. The Seahawks have show how important a secondary can be.

But, if he's not available, (or if he has a sub-par combine), then we should definitely go after DL, it all starts with the trenches.

(i would prefer Safety, because DL FAs are easier to come by then quality Safeties, so we can probably address some of the DL via FA)
    • Like Like x 1
  3. riczaj01

riczaj01

HaHa, Mosely, Jernigan/Hagemen, Pryor, in that order imo until after FA/combine.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. sluggobear

sluggobear

I am not a big fan of Nix because of the knee injury last year and the weight issues he has.
  5. DavidL

DavidL SuperFan

I'll say Dix just because I will not feel comfortable until I am sure I won't be seeing Conte next year.
    • Like Like x 2
  6. jackiejokeman

jackiejokeman

We havent had a Pro Bowl Safety since when ?
  7. [S]alvatore

[S]alvatore

Mike Brown, 2005.

Which is why I'm hoping that Dix gets drafted.
  8. a_miljan

a_miljan

so far, HaHa all day!
  9. riczaj01

riczaj01

Haha's taller and bigger then Mike Brown was in college also, not sure who's faster, seems like Dix could likely put the shadow of Brown as the best Bears safety in recent memory to bed. Considering you can get a guy like Anthony Johnson or Ego at DT in the 2nd-3rd rounds and a guy like George Eko as DE in the 3rd-4th rounds seems like a solid case to try and get an actual legit DB in the first.

Still wouldn't cry if they got a guy like Jernigan or Hageman.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. mdbearz

mdbearz

I have a feeling one or the other will be gone.

I think we need to fix the safety position, because it has been a long time since we have had a solid safety that can make a play on the ball and still tackle.
  11. ZifanQ

ZifanQ SuperFan

If only we had two first round picks.. Nix and Dix.. helluva first draft what would be.
    I think I'd pick Dix though, we really need a safety, and Nix has injurie history which is a big concern for me as we've dealt with too many first round injuried guys
  12. Grizzblue

Grizzblue

I'm indifferent to saftey vs DT. Just get a stud between the two spots. I don't want anything to do with Nix. Injury concerns and dosent fit our current scheme makes me wonder why the intrest in him at all
  13. Henry Burris

Henry Burris

I want a stout NT, because we haven't been that great against stopping runs up the middle in a long time, and we have the athleticism at LB to catch up with runs to the outside. I know we had a plethora of injuries to DT, but with Shea moving to SLB and Peppers likely cut, we cannot afford to spare any expense to shore up every position available on the d-line. Hell, when was the last REALLY good NT we had? Ted Washington?
    • Like Like x 1
  14. mshu7

mshu7

It's because the Bears don't have a scheme right now. I think most people agree that the defense is in transition at this point.
  15. Bearstuff

Bearstuff Yes, in the woods. Staff Member

I haven't heard enough hype and seen enough Grecian formula to formulate my opinion just yet. Maybe soon the combine, pro-days, team interviews and the whirling dervish of media attention will tell me what I want the bears to do.

I honestly think the last time I bought the hype on someone as the "savior" of the franchise.......and it actually worked.....was Brian Urlacher. Kiper, McShay and to a lesser degree Mayock are just hype machines who don't realize that the agents that give them their "inside info" are using them to make money.

My preferences are rarely picked. I won't say what I want now, because those that win the hype war won't be available. I just hope Phil's guy is available at 14.
  16. lklrlolnlilklsox

lklrlolnlilklsox

As I've said for a while now, Dix has been, and still is my favorite choice by a wide margin. That wouldn't change even if we sign Byrd.
    • Like Like x 1
  17. JJ-30

JJ-30

I'lll take either one at least I can spell their names.
  18. jackiejokeman

jackiejokeman

The drafting of Mosley at LB eludes me ... we are knee deep in LB's to the point that a 3-4 defense is not out of the question.
  19. riczaj01

riczaj01

we are not knee deep in LB's JJ, OLB's cannot be sub'd in for MLB anymore then a WR can be subbed in for a TE.

Bostic/Shea/Greene/Briggs none can play ILB. There is not one person on the roster that can play ILB.
  20. mdbearz

mdbearz

Mosley is projected to be a top ten player in just about every site that I have seen. To get a ILBlike him would be great, and if he was available and we did not pick him I would be very disappointed.

One of the top ten players will drop to us, I just hope it is a position of need.
    • Like Like x 1