Dix or Nix? The Chicago Bears first round pick is…

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by JustAnotherBearsFan99, Feb 11, 2014.

1. jbunch14

jbunch14 Veteran

Ratings:
    +174 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    90ß
    I think we are in a very good position as likely most of the top 10 picks are going to be QBs, OTs, Clowney, and 1-2 WRs. I think at 14 we will have 2-3 very good options, possibly including Dix, one of the top LBs, and likely all of the DTs.
  2. Grizzblue

Grizzblue Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +483 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    92ß
    Personally if it came down to it is take that guy out of Minn over Nix. We tried the whole injury ridden player (Carimi, williams) and it hasn't worked very well,
  3. jackiejokeman

jackiejokeman Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +215 / 2 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    519ß
    As ling as its defense ... lets fix whats broken. That worked good last year for OL.
  4. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +3,327 / 9 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,505ß
    MD, I agree, Mosely does multiple things for us, regardless of what they do in FA for ILB. 1 we get a legit player that can day 1 play a major role at ILB, 2 you have what should be your long term answer to ILB. This is not a position you will get late in the draft, even really in the 2nd(see bostic). There are exceptions but the vast majority over the last decade(based on some research I did last year) says that your top 10 ILB's tend to come from the middle first the vast majority of the time, in the early to mid first this is the kind of thing you should be shooting for, a legit and true difference maker; Mosley seems to fit that mold; and big physical DL seem to be going into the 2nd/3rd rounds. That could all change as the draft draws near but a guy like Ego Ferguson, Anthony Johnson, George Eko, as I've read up on them all seem like more then capable players; not saying they'll be the Truitt's, Jernigans or Hagemen's of the NFL, but they'll be good; but you rarely find good at ILB in the 2nd-3rd rounds.
  5. dachuckster

dachuckster Veteran SuperFan

Ratings:
    +341 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    174ß
    I hope that concerns about Nix's knee pull him down to the 2nd or 3rd round. I would be afraid to take him in the 1st round, but if he were available later, I think he's worth the chance.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Coordinator SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,710 / 3 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,237ß
    I especially would be concerned about a guy that heavy (between 340 and 350 pounds) coming in with a surgically repaired knee. The stresses on that knee with explosive bursts of stress firing a massive body, play-after-play, in practice and in games, just makes me worry about picking a guy like this - he'd be a risk to pick in the first round. We've had such bad luck drafting injured players coming off surgery in the past. Maybe if he'd drop like a rock in the draft he'd be worth the risk.

The linked article below, is excellent regarding Nix's surgery and prognosis.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2014
  7. dachuckster

dachuckster Veteran SuperFan

Ratings:
    +341 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    174ß
    I agree completely. I'd only be interested if the medical assessment was positive and if I saw a commitment to working on changing his body (reducing fat/building better muscle). And the longer his recovery takes, the lower he will go in the draft.
  8. Seqq34

Seqq34 Veteran

Ratings:
    +72 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    39ß
    If Dix or Nix are the public/media options then i'd say neither...If Emery has showed me anything, it's that he isn't going to give a rat's ass who people think he should pick lol think Shea and Long....someone like that