DL or Safety the debate goes on

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by BSBEARS, Mar 8, 2014.

1. BSBEARS

BSBEARS Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    2,503ß
    Ratings:
    +1,448 / 4 / -0
  2. dabears

dabears Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    65ß
    Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    Our CAP figure is currently at 8.9 million. If we release Pep as is expected we have potentially another 13 million by spreading his dead cap money out over 2 years. And we can further add more CAP by converting some of Cutler's first salary to bonus and spread it out over the 3 year portion of his guaranteed money (ensuring no dead cap in years 4-7). Let's say we convert 6 million to available CAP for FA's, that now means we have a nice tidy sum of 28 million which is more than enough to make a nice splash with 1 top five FA and then a couple or three 2nd tier for Defense only before the draft even gets here. Just a quick CAP summary of what is possible without hashing out what we target. :)

3. BSBEARS

BSBEARS Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    2,503ß
    Ratings:
    +1,448 / 4 / -0
    Bennett) based on rumors out there. None the less we have money to get the job done that is a foregone conclusion.

4. BSBEARS

BSBEARS Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    2,503ß
    Ratings:
    +1,448 / 4 / -0
    what he heck it deleted have my post.
    It was suppose to say .....You left out Bush and Earl Bennett, approx $4million there if we want it. Giving a bonus is spread over the first 5 years or the life of the contract, whichever is less. Thus giving Cutler a Bonus would potentially count in yr 4 and 5. Thus I think cutting Bush and / or Bennett may be the first option but that is my opinion and may not be Emery's. But yes we have the money and I expect two top notch FA. and a couple mid tier or 1 yr deals. I would rather see big signings and build with the draft for the long term, than 1 yr signings not sure if we have that luxury yet though, may need a few shorttimers.

5. dabears

dabears Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    65ß
    Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    :3_11_3[1]:
    I hear ya BSB, I kinda wish Clinton-Dix would to us at 14 though.