Does Brandon Spikes interest...

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by butkus3595, Mar 7, 2014.

1. butkus3595

butkus3595

2. Ojibway Bob

Ojibway Bob

Funny I was reading more on him and was wandering the same thing from peeps.....I say if he is cheap, better then the non existing mlb we have now
  3. kevperro

kevperro

I'm more interested in Ware if Dallas cuts him loose. Pep is $14 million and Ware was $12.25 million. Ware is 31 and Pep 34 and it looks like Ware has at least a couple years at elite level left in him.
  4. riczaj01

riczaj01

Ware is done, there is a reason that Dallas is looking at cutting him, this is no Ratliff thing either, Ratliff forced himself out of Dallas via refusal to play b/c of "injury". What Ware was and is are two completely different things.

As for Spikes I have no opinion, really don't follow the patriots.
  5. soulman

soulman

It wouldn't hurt to take a look. He's young and he's a big mobile run stuffer who at least says he can be a 3 down player but of course he would say that. Why is Belichick letting him go though. It's not like him to let productive players on his defense walk for no good reason. He had a late season knee injury that put him on the IR. Could that have something to do with it?
  6. BSBEARS

BSBEARS

I seem to remember when this happened he had missed a team meeting I believe. He definetely was late for a couple of team meetings. I believe a snow storm hit though and everyone but him made it to the team meetings and that pissed old Belli off. He probably could have tried harder to get there and I guess thats what ultimately put him i the proverbial dog house. If I remember some teammates even said it took an absurd amount of time to get there but they left like 4 or 5 hrs early to ensure they got there. Commitment I guess, I will admit if it took 5 additional hrs to get there, I probably would not have made it either and I think most on this board would be in the same boat. Good examle of the flip side of being Held to Higher Standards. He was expected to be there come Hell or High Water, ( in this case couple ft of snow) and when he didnt coupled with being late atleast once for team meetings New England felt the need to put him on IR and send a message to the rest of the players.

As a player I would definetely be open to him on the Bears. Not sure if the $ will work and would need to understand more about what really happened with NE.
  7. riczaj01

riczaj01

He's got the size, but no one is going to give this guy the moniker "ballhawk" 4 years 2 int's, 1 fum recovery, 5 forced fumbles. There is also an issue w/health(i'm guessing) he's only played in 16 games 1x, last year.
  8. MPbears68

MPbears68

Problem with Spikes from what I've read about him is that he's a good run defense ILB but slow and poor in coverage. Sounds like a 2 down guy only and not well suited to be a full time MLB in a 4-3. Nothing wrong with taking a look but I doubt he ends up a Bear.