Drama Over: Melton to Dallas

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by mshu7, Mar 18, 2014.

1. mshu7

mshu7 Rookie

Ratings:
    +46 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    20ß
    From Melton's Twitter account:

I'm glad that it's over and that he's going somewhere else. Hopefully fans can move on as well.
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2014
  2. The Benjamin

The Benjamin George Halas Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,720 / 6 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    533ß
    Heh..... returns to the state where he bit a bartender who told him to leave
  3. The Benjamin

Ratings:
    +1,720 / 6 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    533ß
    I am sure there will be someone who blasts the Bears for "not showing loyalty".
    • Like Like x 3
  4. mshu7

mshu7 Rookie

Ratings:
    +46 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    20ß
    Urlacher will, of course, be leading the protest! LOL
  5. The Benjamin

Ratings:
    +1,720 / 6 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    533ß
    But of course. And his minions will of course believe everything that comes out of his mouth
    • Like Like x 1
  6. TarheelBear

TarheelBear Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    oh well talented kid, should do well with rod keeping him inline kind tired of under 300 pound DT myself But long they can colapse a pocket I am happy, Henry should do well wish him nothing but best. DT was pretty much lock on draft anyways we all may disagree what round, But I would like see us pick up 2 Dt. Stud rnd 1-2 and see if Phil can hit home runin rnd 5 again. Wonder how much Dallas paid Melton?
  7. 4dabers

4dabers Veteran DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +677 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    51ß
    Wasn't really expecting him to come back. Always thought he was "good", but certainly not "elite" or even "really good" like some others seem to think. Ironically, Henry was at his best when Peppers was; coincidence? I feel like it took him 3 years to be developed, we got one good year out of him, then last year we paid big for a "prove it" year that he was compensated very well for. He didn't ask to be hurt, but he still got paid and he wasn't setting the world on fire before that, and now he's off to Dallas, where he probably wanted to be all along. That's fine, I really don't care. I'm ready for some fresh attitudes from the draft.

I'm hoping Dallas paid big for a multi-year on him, but as dumb as I think Jerry Jones is, I'm not sure even he is THAT dump. If it is multi-year, then I'm sure it's got a lot of incentives in there. I'm actually quite glad it wasn't Emery as I don't have a good feeling about Henry's future as a top football player in the NFL.
    • Like Like x 2
  8. sluggobear

sluggobear Veteran

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    19ß
    I wish him luck in Dallas. I'm glad he is not returning to the Bears.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. soulman

soulman Pro-Bowler SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,732 / 3 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,279ß
    I'm more surprised by where in the hell Jerry Jones found the cap room to sign him than the fact that he did. It should be interesting to see what the terms of his deal are. Melton is from Texas and Marinelli is now the DC in Dallas so this is a fit. With two young DTs worth that #14 pick available if the draft the possibility that Melton might leave never bothered me. I think we've all been expecting it to happen. Good luck to you Henry Melton.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. BearJim

BearJim Veteran SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +146 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    15ß
    Apparently its a one year deal with a three-year team option. Probably not as big as we think but that's what she said.:rofl2:
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. soulman

soulman Pro-Bowler SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,732 / 3 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,279ß
    :bah: Well they aren't all that good with spatial perception anyway and I like a female comic once said in her standup act, "Whatta ya' worried about"? "All it has to do is reach from you to me and I'm laying right next to you"!

When you get right down to it they're actually all one year deals with team options. The only guys whose contracts are guaranteed or nearly guaranteed are the first round rookies. When a guy like Melton goes trolling four other teams for offers he's saying he doesn't want to play for you anymore so you let him go and we did. A year ago I would have been upset but when he wasn't even playing all that well
    last year before he got injured he just wasn't worth the risk. The guy who was really putting all on the line was Collins and we re-signed him for a fraction of what Melton was looking for.
    • Like Like x 3
  12. a_miljan

a_miljan Veteran

Ratings:
    +269 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    36ß
    That figures, with yesteday signings are cap is pretty much dried out, just enough room to sign picks. Next move would be restructuring contracts and Phil is weary of that, luckily, because we would be trapped next year after this years signing (example Houston) cap hit takes off.
  13. mdbearz

mdbearz Veteran

Ratings:
    +281 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    20ß
    Well Dallas got a 3 Technique Tackle that had a torn ACL. Melton was good because he was fast and that will be hindered by the injury, Adrian Peterson is NOT a normal human being.

I'm glad we walked away because if the Cowboys are smart they will not put him back on the field until atleast the fourth game of the year (a full year).

We need too much help to wait on a guy to recover unless he is a bargain (like Collins).

BTW I hope we do not rush Collins back either, but that may force us to put a rookie in the starting role at the 3 tech. I'm ok with that if it is a 1st or 2nd rounder.
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Ski-Whiz

Ski-Whiz George Halas Staff Member

Ratings:
    +876 / 1 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    408ß
    After re-signing Tillman, I am good with any other actions. He was "THE" signing that needed to happen.
    • Like Like x 2
  15. abegibronlives

abegibronlives Rookie

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:

Agree entirely. He was a good player for us, and young enough to potentially get better. For his sake, I hope he gets a handle on his off-the-field activities.

This is a substantial loss, hope the new guys can pick up the slack.
  16. Grizzblue

Grizzblue Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +445 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    48ß
    No surprise, IMO Donald, Jernigan, Hageman, Quarles will all be likely lateral moves from him if not upgrades. Best of luck Melton in Dallas.
  17. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,700 / 8 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    649ß
    Grizz, and all of them will be a lot cheaper over the next 2-3 years, and all of them will be safer bets b/c there is no coming off an inj.