Ego Ferguson is a very big dude and Will Sutton not so big........

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by soulman, Jun 26, 2014.

1. jbunch14

jbunch14 Veteran

Ratings:
    +165 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    68ß
    Don't worry, I can always remember someone's face, but rarely ever their name!!
  2. jbunch14

jbunch14 Veteran

Ratings:
    +165 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    68ß
    I was watching one of the interviews with Sutton, and he said he was already down to 290, and that the staff wanted him there or maybe just a little lighter. Good sign, as it seems that he only added all of that weight off of bad advice from his college staff, and that he doesn't really have any weight issues. One thing that really strikes me is the intelligence of many of the picks that the FO is making now. Bostic, Ego, Sutton, Vereen and some others come across as above average for football players. I wonder if this is coincidence, or if Emery is putting a big emphasis on this in the profiles of his picks.
  3. soulman

soulman Pro-Bowler SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,875 / 6 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,641ß

Maybe one of the more interesting things about Sutton college journey is that when he played at 270-280lbs as a 3 tech in 2012 he was a holy terror on the same level that Aaron Donald was last year. Then he blew up to 315lbs and played more as a Shade NT and yet he still played well. It's just that his stats dropped and that would be expected when your job is to take on blockers not avoid them.

Playing at 3 tech DT is where he seems to play best and where we should be using him but he also has more versatility than we may be giving him credit for. He could also play as a Shade NT just like Paea does if he's playing at 290-295lbs. He's a good pick we juts need to make him play and little meaner and more intense is all.