Eric Weems to be cut

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by The Benjamin, Mar 20, 2014.

1. soulman

soulman Coordinator
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,207ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    Yep, Marshall/6'4", Jeffery/6'3", Wilson/6'4", Hixon/6'2", Bennett/6'6" and even Joe Anderson if he sticks is 6'1". Cutler wanted taller guys so now he has them in spades. Emery seems to be pretty good at finding the exact type of player needed. Then it becomes "you got your guys now go win games".

I assume Tucker asked for better edge defenders who could play the run well and give some pass rush and that's what he got. Two top 5 run defending DEs. Then he got him two good DTs back, a SS, and his MLB so with the draft adding a couple more I think Mr. Disaster is gonna be on a very short leash this year. If that defense is el stinko from the start they now have Pasqualoni who has experience as both a pro DC and a college HC so he could always replace Tucker if it came to that. I don't think Phil will stand idly by and watch that defense kill their playoff chances two years in a row.

2. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Assistant Head Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    5,120ß
    To be fair, it took Emery two years to upgrade the offense, and he still has some things to fine tune there in this third year of his efforts (remember, B.Marsh and AJ came in that first year of Emery being here). Yes, it is 90% "there" now, but he's not quite finished. Hopefully, this third year here, Emery will put the icing on the cake - for the offense.

The defense will get most of Emery's attention this first year of the rebuilding effort on defense. It should improve a lot this year, but honestly, how much improvement is seen there remains to be seen. Of course we're hopeful for the best, but hope alone doesn't make it so. Realistically, I expect the D to take a big step this year if Mel Tucker can coach. But it will be 2015 (the second year of the D rebuild effort) where the defense looks as good as the offense did in its second year under Emery.

That's how I see it.

3. MPbears68

MPbears68 Hall of Famer

ßearz ßuckz:
    1,336ß
    FWIW, you forgot Tolliver and Fendi who both go around 6'5" assuming they pan out as depth players.

4. jackiejokeman

jackiejokeman Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    899ß
    Thats the key ... depth players.

5. soulman

soulman Coordinator
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,207ß
    True, I have them far enough down on the depth chart that I don't know if either will ever see the field in the regular season. Anyway the midgets are all gone now proving once again Martz didn't have a clue when he said height didn't matter. To him maybe, but to his QB it's made all the difference in the world. One more reason Martz was nothing more than a pompous ass.

6. MPbears68

MPbears68 Hall of Famer

ßearz ßuckz:
    1,336ß
    Please don't remind me of Martz lol. The guy who thought that 7-step drops with a shit OL were a good idea? Or who didn't know how to use the best receiver we had (Olsen) because he didn't like TEs to catch the ball? Bad bad memories there....
    :3_8_14[1]:

7. soulman

soulman Coordinator
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,207ß
    True.........:badmood:

8. abegibronlives

abegibronlives Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    204ß

Never liked this guy. When he was with the falcons, I thought he whined too much to the referees, and acted like he thought he was God's gift to football. Decent return guy, but someone we can live without. Good riddance.