ESPN Camp Confidential: Bears

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by riczaj01, Aug 4, 2013.

1. Mr. Deliverance

Mr. Deliverance Guest

Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    They have rings but not because they were some juggernaut type of players. We could break down all those teams and QBs and prove they were all 'system' QBs benefitting from great defenses and ground games.

And I'm not optimistic about Cutler because its year 5 he is going into as a Bear. Its time to come back to reality and realize he didn't work here. Don't waste cap space on a dud. We don't need to pay for this gamble anymore. Plenty of QBs in this next draft and we need to make a move for one.
  2. Bearstuff

Bearstuff Yes, in the woods. Staff Member SuperFan

Ratings:
    +1,195 / 3 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    571ß
    So, you agree with my point exactly. QB's aren't the sole determinant factor in team wins/loses. Glad you finally see that.

As for cap money, that is irrelevant for this year. Unless you propose that we cut Cutler now. Do you have that much faith in Blanchard, McCown or some street QB? If not, end of discussion.
  3. Mr. Deliverance

Mr. Deliverance Guest

Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    They aren't the sole determining factor but they are the 'head' or leader of the team. And teams rise and fall based on their leadership. The game has also radically changed from the days Dilfer, Johnson, etc. The Bears do not have a team that can win with a mediocre QB. And I think we've seen all we need to see of Cutler, to put him in the mediocre QB. The Bears need a big time QB to run with the big dawgs in this league. If we had the '85 Bears defense, we could win with Cutler. Times have changed big time.

The cap may not be relevant for this year, but it is for next year. I'm not looking to cut Cutler. Let the bum play out his last year, then we give him a good kick to the nuts on the way out of Halas hall.
  4. JPosh2012

JPosh2012 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +86 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Agreed! Plus we'll also need another lineman and a DB or two. Going to be a busy draft.
  5. mdbearz

mdbearz Veteran

Ratings:
    +289 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    27ß
    Wow not sure I put Cutler in the same class as Dilfer or Johnson. He Obviously has more talent than those two hacks.
  6. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

Ratings:
    +2,532 / 8 / -10
    ßearz ßuckz:
    528ß
    Idk if this was brought up at the time, but did anybody know this?

Asked directly if McClellin is strictly a DE, Trestman left door open for other positions.

Granted, that was in February, and if he were practicing with the LB's, we surely would've heard it by now, but the way I'm viewing this is that, maybe this is a make-or-break year for him at DE, and they may just move him to LB.
  7. MPbears68

MPbears68 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +1,296 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    349ß
    I agree and we need a way to "salvage" the Shea pick (which I blame half on Lovie and half on Phil for making). It was a poor choice in the 1st at least. As much as I hate the 3-4, Shea needs to be playing from a 2pt stance in space as an OLB to be most effective. I hope he proves me wrong this year but I don't see him succeeding as a traditional 4-3 DE in a 3pt stance since he sucks against the run. Cornelius Washington is prob the same story in a smaller sense. I'm not a Shea-hater--love the guy's motor and speed--but damn I wish we had taken DeCastro instead.
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

Ratings:
    +2,532 / 8 / -10
    ßearz ßuckz:
    528ß
    Yeah, seeing him in limited play last year, I was amazed at his speed and nose for the ball, but after failing to bulk up as much as he was supposed to, I'm just not seeing him being entirely effective coming from a 3 point stance.
  9. MPbears68

MPbears68 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +1,296 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    349ß
    My biggest disappointments of this very very young season so far are:
    Shea not yet showing he deserved to be a 1st round pick (for us anyway) and
    Webb STILL showing why he did deserve to be only a 7th