ESPN Insider = lunacy

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by Henry Burris, Jan 19, 2014.

1. Wolfman

Wolfman
    Expand Collapse
    Assistant Head Coach

Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    That Webb had more potential then our terrible coaches were able to get out of him??? j/k

I get that, I really do...and as a 5th round rookie that wasn't expected to start he did damn well all things concerned...still doesn't mean he didn't get his ass handed to him quite a lot...those two things are not mutual exclusive...I really wouldn't expect much less under the circumstances...but flawed system or not, being last is not acceptable...I bet even JMill would say/think that...he took his lumps this year and will hopeful be better for it...but don't tell me those lumps didn't happen...

2. riczaj01

riczaj01
    Expand Collapse
    DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

I'm not saying he wasn't bad, I'm just saying I don't think he was the worst T in the game; and that I don't like the "hurries" stat that PFF uses; and if they are going to use it, they need to break it down into "sacks" "hits" and "hurries" so that you can actually see where it breaks down.

Mills got worse as the season progressed no doubt, but I just don't like using PFF rankings as proof; and no other place seems to count just sacks/hits except for CBS, and they don't break it down per players. So kind of like QBR/QPR I just take it all w/a grain of salt, it's usefull for what it is, but at the end of the day, much like Webb and Bushrod, I'll take the "hurries" over the sacks, and I will bet just about anything net related, that Mills didn't give up more sacks then any other T in the league this year, and imo that matters more then hit's and hurries.

3. MPbears68

MPbears68
    Expand Collapse
    Hall of Famer

That's the "eye test" I referred to. Just like when we told that Bushrod graded out no better than Webb. Lol, that's not what is obvious with the eyes. One guy started 16 games and played competently in a pass heavy offense. The other never got off the bench after years of obvious ineptitude on the field.

4. Wolfman

Wolfman
    Expand Collapse
    Assistant Head Coach

Fair enough...but there is a difference between matters more or less and not matters at all...the criticism of JMills seems well based and fair...as does just your rebuttal....