ESPN: "Jay Cutler fierce against Bengals pressure"

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by JustAnotherBearsFan99, Sep 9, 2013.

1. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99
    Expand Collapse
    Assistant Head Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    5,275ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    I hope he continues to play smart football.

#1 JustAnotherBearsFan99, Sep 9, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2013
  2. shark86x

shark86x
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler
    SuperFan

ßearz ßuckz:
    1,030ß
    It's what we've been saying all along. He's a good QB, if he has time to make his reads. It's obvious his keying on BM was because he didn't have time to make the reads. That and our other "WRs" rarely got open or could hold on to the ball. It's all about the O-line.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Jimmors

Jimmors
    Expand Collapse
    The Rhymenoceros
    Staff Member

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,175ß
    The Bengals blitzed just under a third of their pass rushes and STILL didnt get a sack? impressive OL protection.

• Like Like x 3
  4. riczaj01

riczaj01
    Expand Collapse
    DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,122ß
    The OL was solid, but this stat is also on Cutler b/c he didn't hold onto the ball until the WR was open. He was throwing to the spot that the target was supposed to be. In Sunday's game, not only did the OL do their job, but the QB also did theirs, and it meant Cutler was clean all game.

670 has Biggs on, he said that during blitz's the Bears kept 1 or 2 extra blockers in to help pick it up.

#4 riczaj01, Sep 10, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2013
  5. Tarkus

Tarkus
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    Don't mind Cutler keying more on Marshall if he's also making them pay with other guys. Marshall's such a beast that I don't see purposely ignoring him at times just to balance it out to satisfy some of the talking heads out there.

As the year progresses, I see Cutler's confidence growing with everyone else to the point he can't help but find them.

6. riczaj01

riczaj01
    Expand Collapse
    DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,122ß
    Tark, but that was the beauty of yesterday, he didn't really key on him. Ya he lead in targets, as any 1 should, but here is how it broke down, it was very even:

Marshal 10
    Jeffery 8
    MBennett 6
    Forte 6
    Earl 1
    Bush 1

I wouldn't mind 2-3 more targets to Earl but that's how I'd like to see it break down, Marshal leads in targets, but not more then 2x's the next 2. That means he's finding the open man and not forcing the ball.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Tarkus

Tarkus
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    Very true, ricza

Just that it's still easy to find that criticism out there even tho it's not the case...so far.

The haters are just gonna keep hating no matter what he does...

8. riczaj01

riczaj01
    Expand Collapse
    DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,122ß
    well I haven't been on the interwebs much so if someone is saying he was still Marshal centric then they are just ignorant haters. That was a great game played by Cutler, and PFF(this shows how you have to take everything they do w/a grain of salt) gave Cutler the highest rating of any QB on Thurs/Sunday night; including Manning. I don't agree w/that, but I will say that Cutler was the best done for the Bears in a very long time.

9. ChiCityBears

ChiCityBears
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    Do you think we could beat the packers, 49ers, and Falcons? They have high-scoring Os. As we progress, we may be able to improve our ability to score and hang with those teams. After the Broncos game, it is apparent that you need at least 7 Tds to beat the best AFC team

10. riczaj01

riczaj01
    Expand Collapse
    DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,122ß
    Falcons, ya I think the Bears could beat them. Could they beat GB or SF, not so sure about that. SF has a complete team, above average in both O and D. GB has owned the Bears for years, I'll have to see the Beras beat them to believe they can at this point.