ESPN: "Julius Peppers and Corey Wootton appear to be giving maximum effort"

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by JustAnotherBearsFan99, Oct 6, 2013.

1. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Coordinator SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,376 / 3 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    778ß
    FWIW.

• Like Like x 1
  2. The Benjamin

The Benjamin George Halas Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,875 / 6 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    861ß
    If they are giving maximum effort, we are screwed
    • Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. JustAnotherBearsFan99

Ratings:
    +2,376 / 3 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    778ß
    I think that's what ESPN is saying here Benj. We have been decimated with injuries on the DL, and McClellen looks like a bust. So, some of this can only be fixed in the off-season. It's not a lack of effort. This is the hand we were dealt for this season on the DL. We have to play out the season with this hand. Anyone we'd get right now who's a free agent is going to be worse than what we already have.
  4. mdbearz

mdbearz Veteran

Ratings:
    +283 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    24ß
    I'm concerned about DT also. Paea, Melton and Collins hurt or out and we have nothing left at DT other than Sliding our Best DE inside.

So I thought I would be smarter than your average poster and go find a DT either in Free Agents or someones practice squad that could add depth or even and upgrade.

Guess what.... Notta.

Most Teams don't even have a DT on the Practice Squad and the only DTs out there is Richard Seymour and Casey Hampton, both over the hill stop gaps.
  5. JustAnotherBearsFan99

Ratings:
    +2,376 / 3 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    778ß
    Exactly right. Anyone worth stinking crap is on a roster. The guys sitting at home drinking beer and watching the games on their TV's are either "has beens" or guys who never were worth anything.

No magic pixie dust here. And some fans are just delusional thinking the guys we have on OUR bench now are going to be anything but eaten alive if we have to throw them in and start them. Nobody wants to hear that. But it's the way it is. Us fans, have a tough time facing reality sometimes.
  6. A-11

A-11 Veteran

Ratings:
    +74 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Yeah, hold onto the pixie dust, that dream is a nightmare and we already know it doesn't exist.

McClellin has not played well, I'll give you that. I am delusional, I'll give you that too... However, I'm still holding on thoughts of Shea producing. What I've seen of him is that he could be hanging around enough to be OKAY.

Look at the statistics:
    McClellin is credited with 12 tackles, .5 sacks, 0 forced fumbles, 1 fumble recovery
    Peppers is credited with 8 tackles, 1 sacks, 1 forced fumble, 1 fumble recovery
    Paea is credited with 13 tackles, .5 sacks, 0 ff, 0 fr.
    Melton in his three games was credited with 5 tackles, 0 sacks, 0 ff, 0 fr
    Collins is credited with 14 tackles, 1 sack, 0 ff, 0 fr
    Wotton is credited with 11 tackles, 1 sack, 1 ff, 2 fr

Who exactly looks like our J.J. Watt there? McC > Bass, Cohen, Minter, or Washington statistically speaking. I hope when they get an opportunity one or more of the other DL make the most of it, but without seeing that opportunity; I'm trusting the choices of the coaching staff who set the line up.

Now I'll also throw in that some people listed, besides McClellin have looked better and contributed more to the team (esp. vs. the run)... But a true bust, a really scratch your head and point your finger bust would be inactive. Vernon Gholston-ish Ghosting. The problem is the DL on the whole.

I told you I'm delusional but I hope there is some sense to this rambling... Look to my avatar to strengthen your faith. Those Shea nuts hanging there still haven't dropped. I just think if things play out naturally they will eventually fall, and we will enjoy the fruit. (okay, "butter")