ESPN: "Like cornered rats, Pittsburgh will beat the Bears"

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by JustAnotherBearsFan99, Sep 19, 2013.

1. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 SuperFan

Ratings:
    +1,515 / 0 / -0
    Interesting read. I don't think they beat us. I do think this game will be a brutal physical game.

2. Jimmors

Jimmors The Rhymenoceros SuperFan

Ratings:
    +3,335 / 8 / -0
    Yes, because cornered rats are always victorious. /s
  3. JustAnotherBearsFan99

Ratings:
    +1,515 / 0 / -0
    I don't think they beat us. I do think the little beggars can make for a difficult night. BTW, doesn't this one looks a bit like Troy Palamalu.....

[​IMG]
  4. Strangerwithcandy11

Strangerwithcandy11

Ratings:
    +1,279 / 12 / -1
    It'll be a tough game if for no other reason than Dick Lebeau. He will try to confuse our young o line and he's really good at it. I have a feeling our Dline will step up this game. Their oline sucks and their field should be in much better than shape than ours was. Still think we win BUT wouldn't be surprised if we didn't lol. Gotta run the ball and keep Cutler clean. If we do that shouldn't be a problem
    • Like Like x 3
  5. a_miljan

a_miljan

Ratings:
    +233 / 0 / -0
    well, i sort of agree, they wont beat us, but they are rats
    [​IMG]
    • Like Like x 1
  6. jbunch14

jbunch14

Ratings:
    +94 / 0 / -0
    I like the focused attitude put forward from Trestman and the players. Never overlook an opponent in the NFL, even if they are 0-15. I think the Bears win handily.
    • Like Like x 2
  7. JustAnotherBearsFan99

Ratings:
    +1,515 / 0 / -0
    I agree. The Bears coaches and players understand how every game is difficult, and every opponent needs to be respected (understanding that ANY team is capable of beating you). And every single Bear player and coach knows that this will be an all-out war Sunday night in Pittsburgh. They "get it" even if the fans don't.

It's the fans who are brain dead.

This whole week I read about how the Bears will/should blow out the Steelers, and a general attitude that this game will be easy (a cakewalk) just because the Pittsburgh Steelers have lost two games. On one level I just laugh to myself at the ignorance. On another level I get a little angry, because it's a failure of some fans to understand the reality of a game like this. Sure, we should win this game, but I do believe it will be a brutal hard fought game - with maybe a significant injury or two. I can hear the fans now, if this is a close game. They will be here doing the "Chicken Little" thing saying we are doomed because we didn't dominate in this game. Blissfully ignorant of the fact that the Steelers are an extremely tough opponent in a game like this in particular. It's the same thing with our first two games. Some fans diss the wins by saying we beat bad teams, ignorant of the fact that the Vikings, with AP & a decent defense are a formidable opponent (heck they beat Green Bay last year.....hung 37 points on them), and Cincy who will be in the playoffs again this year, and probably will win the AFCN.

Fans. You gotta love 'em. Stupid as rocks sometimes though.
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2013
  8. Sharky

Sharky

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    haha we're gonna rock the shit out of them. After last sunday night, i can honestly say Pittsburgh out side of Polumalu and Big Ben is HORRIBLE!
    • Like Like x 1
  9. riczaj01

riczaj01

Ratings:
    +1,798 / 5 / -4
    This is pretty much Pitt's season, next to impossible to come back from 0-2, but 0-3 you're done. We'll get their best punch. Should still win, but if there was a letdown game, this would be it.
    • Like Like x 3
  10. JustAnotherBearsFan99

Ratings:
    +1,515 / 0 / -0
    Hope we smoke them too. I still believe this will be a tough game.

Maybe I've seen too many of these "sure thing" games go down the toilet over the years. I still remember the '85 Bears at 12-0, going to Miami to "school them" and crush them. Everybody assumed (like this week against the Steelers) that we were going to "rock the shit out of them" too.

They hung 38 points on us, and handed us our asses on National TV. And I guarantee you we had a better defense than this 2013 version of the Bears. They still handed us our asses - in their house they were pretty good.

Swatted us like a pesky fly.

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2013
  11. DaTreeBears

DaTreeBears

Ratings:
    +365 / 0 / -0
    If stadiums, tradition and fans can will a game to be won then the cubs should have 9 world series championships by now. Sorry pitt folks but welcome to reality your team is in disarray and the better team is daBears. Yes we could lose if the world spins backwards a number of guys break their legs and we turn the ball over numerous times. But otherwise Bears win all other scenarios.
  12. JustAnotherBearsFan99

Ratings:
    +1,515 / 0 / -0
    This ^^^^
  13. JustAnotherBearsFan99

Ratings:
    +1,515 / 0 / -0

That has to be one of the best posts of the week. I'm still laughing at the resemblance there. :-)
  14. 4dabers

4dabers

Ratings:
    +440 / 0 / -0
    This game would have all the signs of a trap game if we were further along in the season and we were 6-0 or 7-0, but we're not. It's only the third game and this is when teams finally start putting it together after struggling to sharpen their swords in the first two games. Obviously, "Any Given Sunday" still applies, but I really don't think the Bears will come out with any "over confidence issues". They might have done that LAST week and we damn near lost, but we haven't won so dramatically in either of our games that they should think they can't lose to a bad team. If we had won our first two by 20 points, it might be different, but we didn't. This week they will go to Pitt with a chip on their shoulder to prove their record is no fluke. Hell, they all know Pittsburgh is desperate, they are not going to take this team for granted. Actually, I think just the opposite, I think the Bears will want to come out and do their best to freakin dominate and put these guys (Steelers) to bed for the year.
    • Like Like x 2
  15. JustAnotherBearsFan99

Ratings:
    +1,515 / 0 / -0
    I just noticed that four of the ESPN "experts" have picked the Steelers to beat the Chicago Bears Sunday night (LINK).
  16. 4dabers

4dabers

Ratings:
    +440 / 0 / -0
    Yea, but 10 picked da Bears and the only one that matters (Da Coach), well, we know who he picked. ;)
    • Like Like x 3
  17. The Benjamin

The Benjamin Bear Down Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,274 / 3 / -6
    Because he is the king of the meatballs. He would never pick against the Bears. Too much to lose of he did
  18. JustAnotherBearsFan99

Ratings:
    +1,515 / 0 / -0
    LOL, I know. The only reason I posted that was because 6 or 7 of the 16 games this week were "locks" with the experts. Our game at the Steelers wasn't.
  19. omc1969

omc1969

Ratings:
    +160 / 0 / -0
    They drew straws at espn Chicago to see who would pick Pittsburgh and Greenberg got the short one. He's a tool anyway.
    ;)
  20. JustAnotherBearsFan99

Ratings:
    +1,515 / 0 / -0
    Another cornered rat.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]