ESPN: "Like cornered rats, Pittsburgh will beat the Bears"

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by JustAnotherBearsFan99, Sep 19, 2013.

1. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Assistant Head Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,747ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    That's what the Steelers will be playing for on Sunday night. They are a veteran team with a QB who has led them to multiple Super Bowls, and has won a Super Bowl. These folks here who say we should be blowing them out tomorrow night, well, I hope they're right. I suspect they are wrong. It will be a hard fought game, a butt-ugly game, but I think we can win. I don't see a blowout Bears win here. But hey, I'm wrong a lot, so hope I'm wrong about this too.

• Like Like x 2
  2. jbunch14

jbunch14 Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    202ß
    I would like to see the Steelers kick it out of bounds at the fifty all night long. That would make me giddy!!

3. BearJim

BearJim Veteran
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    113ß
    99, of course I'd rather we blow them out so maybe I can relax enough to get a few hrs sleep but as long as we win I'll be happy!

4. JustAnotherBearsFan99

SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,747ß
    Me too.

If we do blow them out (and this could certainly happen) then I will be pleasantly surprised. Which is great. But, if we simply come out with a hard-fought nasty win in an epic battle - well, I won't be disappointed either. I don't expect a "pretty" win tonight. But if we come out and play a near perfect game, I will be thrilled.

Those who expect a blowout, will be disappointed if we have a close win, and make mistakes in this game. They can "diminish" the win, and the fact we are 3-0, by saying we "should have done better".......frankly, I hate that attitude. A win is a win. And there are very few "easy wins" in the NFL now.

5. Tarkus

Tarkus Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    I used to take it as arrogance early on till I came to the realization that he & his staff were just pre-game strategists with no ability to counter punch during games. Went right along with them scheming to an opponent with no regard for scheming to our strengths & looking good at times just from talent over riding bad situations.

Still stunned that we now have an obvious polar opposite staff in place now...

6. DavidL

DavidL Pro-Bowler
    SuperFan

ßearz ßuckz:
    1,706ß
    True. Checking the Vegas odds, the Bears are favored by 2 points, and only the top 3 teams are favored by more than 7.

• Like Like x 1
  7. BearJim

BearJim Veteran
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    113ß
    Just win baby!

• Like Like x 1
  8. JPosh2012

JPosh2012 Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    I think tonight would be the perfect night to do it or better yet the Steelers Punter could pull a Todd Sauerbrun!

9. JustAnotherBearsFan99

SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,747ß
    With the Packers getting beat by the Bengals this afternoon, this game tonight is HUGE. The Packers are going into their bye week next week a 1-2 team. We could be 3-0 tonight. That would be an unbelievable start to this new Trestman era. I wouldn't have believed it possible, considering all of the new coaches, players, schemes, etc. It would be a dream beginning to our season, up 2 games on the Packers, right outta the chute.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Akuma2000

Akuma2000 Veteran
    SuperFan

ßearz ßuckz:
    75ß
    Yea, I don't think anybody expected this good of a start by the bears in the new trestman era....but that's just how I like it, stealthy just like a ninja. ;)