ESPN: "Peppers' focus on Steelers, not slow start"

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by JustAnotherBearsFan99, Sep 19, 2013.

1. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Coordinator SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +3,010 / 4 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,709ß
    It sounds like Pep was sicker than they let on. He was still sick Monday, after the game. The good news is that he was able to practice yesterday and was feeling good again.

[​IMG]

2. Akuma2000

Akuma2000 Veteran SuperFan

Ratings:
    +165 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    45ß
    That's good to know, glad he's feeling better and know he can get his game on.
    • Like Like x 3
  3. dachuckster

dachuckster Veteran SuperFan

Ratings:
    +341 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    174ß
    I was listening to the interview with Peppers. He sounds really sick of hearing about his performance, illness, etc.

If this is all true, I wouldn't want to be Big Ben Sunday!
    • Like Like x 4
  4. omc1969

omc1969 Veteran

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    37ß
    A healthy Peppers will take the double / triple teams away from the rest of the line and the pass rush will be back as a result IMHO.
    ;)
    • Like Like x 1
  5. JustAnotherBearsFan99

Ratings:
    +3,010 / 4 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,709ß

This is what makes Big Ben so dangerous. Yes he gets sacked, but it's not easy & he is a great one to break tackles. We've all seen (for years) how he just shrugs off defensive linemen when they get their hands on him. Other QB's go down with a sack. Ben just keeps on his feet & completes the pass anyway - and breaks your back.

The entire Steeler team is a physical smash mouth team. They always have been. I will always remember "The Bus" trucking Brian Urlacher like he was a little girl......and stomped in for the TD.

Big game Sunday night. Anyone who thinks the Steelers are going to be an easy win is delusional. Seriously. They're delusional. This is going to be a war.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  6. MPbears68

MPbears68 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +1,472 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    502ß
    That's kind of the point, JABF. If the Bears want to BE and be thought of as "the real deal" and a team to reckoned with come December/January, this is the kind of game they need to win and win impressively. It SHOULD be an easy win (as road games go). It should. The Steelers suck. They're old, slow, and weapon-less on offense. Their OL is a mess. They lost at home to Tennessee for crying out loud. The stuff you wrote and pictured above is past Steeler glory...fading away fast.

If the Bears can't beat this team convincingly, then they're not yet ready to match up to the best of the NFC.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. JustAnotherBearsFan99

Ratings:
    +3,010 / 4 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,709ß
    I understand your point, and I hope you are 100% right. But I don't know if I agree.

They still have some great players on that team who can play well. I believe the Steelers are a better team than the first two games would indicate. When people write off the Steelers as being out of it, after two games, it brings to mind the Super Bowl winners over the years who started out poorly and came on to win it all. Heck, a few years ago the New York fans wanted Coughlin fired (they said that team was out of it at 6-6). They came back and have won two Super Bowls, and Coughlin is still coach.

If there is ONE thing I've learned in the NFL, it's that ANYTHING can happen in these games. The Steelers are not going to roll over for us. In fact, I hate to say it, but I've been thinking all week that THIS is one of those games we could lose a key player in. They are not a dirty team, but they are a team that can put a physical beating on opponents. Yes, this will be a physical war. No easy win here.
  8. tbear1

tbear1 Veteran

Ratings:
    +235 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    197ß
    This is the most important quote...
  9. DaTreeBears

DaTreeBears Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +712 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    427ß
    Isn't pitt lucky to be seeing a pissed off pepp....
    • Like Like x 1