ESPN: "QB bang for the buck" ....Cutler ranked 10th

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by JustAnotherBearsFan99, Oct 10, 2013.

1. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 SuperFan

Ratings:
    +1,516 / 0 / -0
    FWIW.

[​IMG]

ESPN Illustration
    Which quarterbacks are providing the best value to their teams based on their contracts?

2. VJ18

VJ18

Ratings:
    +60 / 0 / -0
    ehhhh i wish i could agree at the moment, i think all QB's are overpriced at the moment outside of Brees, Brady, Manning
  3. ZifanQ

ZifanQ SuperFan

Ratings:
    +113 / 0 / -0
    I agree, but what are you doing to do? Flacco/Eli/Big Ben/Romo cam demand those amount money because a QB on their level is so rare. There's 32 NFL teams, 3-5 elite QB's in the league and 5 more that can lead your team a good way to the SB. Obviously those QB's are in great demand and that's why they can ask for those kind of money, the alternative in case you don't extend or sign a new contract is far worse than overpaying.. Same goes for Cutler this year, if he like Flacco has a hell of a contract year he will demand serious crash and Bears will either appect it or find a new QB who might or might not turn out to be better and then we can go back to the times were we had QB's like Rex and Orton as our QB's. Even if he doesn't play that well what is the alternative?
  4. mdbearz

mdbearz

Ratings:
    +255 / 0 / -0
    He has the year to show he can improve, otherwise give him a 1 year deal to give him a second season in the same system, or...let him go.
  5. MPbears68

MPbears68

Ratings:
    +837 / 1 / -0
    I agree. If he keeps having games like the Detroit turnover festival, then I hate to say it but I'd let him walk. If he can avoid that and cut down his TOs over the remaining 11 games (which I am rooting for big time) then you keep him around at least one more year. Since its looking more and more likely that Peppers won't be back, it does free up more cash to pay JC.

I do think Jay will continue to improve in the TCO with more time and confidence in his protection, weapons, etc (so I am reluctant to let him go after only 1 season) and his talent is undeniable. He just really has to get BALL SECURITY and POCKET AWARENESS/INTERNAL CLOCK drilled into his head.
  6. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston

Ratings:
    +740 / 2 / -0
    I agree. With the caveat that we don't release him until we have someone that can play as well as him.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. VJ18

VJ18

Ratings:
    +60 / 0 / -0
  8. jbunch14

jbunch14

Ratings:
    +94 / 0 / -0
    Unless Cutler implodes for some reason down the stretch, then he is going to get a multi-year deal worth between 16-18M annually. That is with the "hometown discount" included. There is not a QB that you will get from the next draft in the middle of the 1st down that can replace him. None. I don't want to go back to the last 28 years.
  9. 4th and 26

4th and 26 Staff Member

Ratings:
    +402 / 1 / -2
    Eli manning is ranked 30th and after last nights game is probably leading the league in burned jerseys.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. MPbears68

MPbears68

Ratings:
    +837 / 1 / -0
    I'm realistic enough to know that Jay IS going to be re-signed next year, barring injury or meltdown. And I do see improvement in him that even his critic-analysts are recognizing. With the exception of that terrible Detroit game, he hasn't had a multi-interception outing and he seems to be steadily improving with throwing it away and the "internal clock" thing. As long as he doesn't backslide, he is going to get a new contract and I want it to happen.

Everyone is panicking about the cost. Why? Several teams have $80m QB contracts. It's not that unusual. And consider that Pep is a goner for sure next year (no way he's worth what he's getting now)--the cap savings from him alone makes up the difference between Cutlers current cost and his next year cost. Hester is gone too. Melton (even he is even back) will not earn $8m next year, no way.

Replacing the players is another issue, but the cap money to pay jay isn't a problem.
    • Agree Agree x 1