ESPN: Romo will be elite, Cutler won't.

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by JustAnotherBearsFan99, Oct 18, 2013.

1. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Coordinator SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,866 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    115ß
  2. shark86x

shark86x Pro-Bowler SuperFan

Ratings:
    +496 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    68ß
    ESPN = Extremely Stupid Prejudiced Numbskulls

I don't listen to them and this clip is just another reason. This statement tells me just how prejudiced they are: "Romo has only played for Dallas and is locked up long term, Cutler has played for 2 teams already and is on the last year of his contract. It tells you what their respective teams think of them."
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Jimmors

Jimmors The Rhymenoceros Staff Member SuperFan

Ratings:
    +4,021 / 8 / -6
    ßearz ßuckz:
    253ß
    "Mark Schlereth"

Ha.
    • Like Like x 2
  4. 4th and 26

4th and 26 George Halas Staff Member

Ratings:
    +497 / 3 / -5
    ßearz ßuckz:
    116ß
    Rome is very good in the regular season but not so good in the playoffs. Until he wins a SB or takes the cowboys deep in the playoffs he is not elite. I would say between good and very good.
  5. short faced bear

short faced bear Assistant Head Coach DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,162 / 0 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    24ß
    Romo can be "elite" all he wants. Jay can just be efficient and win games. We can save $ by him not being elite.
    ESPN=Endlessly Spouting Platitudes Nationally.
  6. Rogelio

Rogelio Veteran

Ratings:
    +79 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    I didn't click the link, but if that insight is provided by Mark Schlereth, enough said. Schelereth has had an obsessive rage about Cutler ever since Jay asked to be traded from Mark's precious Broncos. What he fails to ackowledge is that he only won those last two Super Bowls because John Elway did the same exact thing to end up in Denver to begin with.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

Ratings:
    +2,277 / 8 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    157ß
    Tony Romo IS elite. HE is the prime example of the QB that takes the blame for the team's effort. The media has finally cut him some slack, especially in the case of the loss to the Broncos. He has played significantly better than Cutler over the years, and suppose Jerry Jones hadn't kept TO over Bill Parcells, and he'd probably have more playoff wins. Keep in mind, the current head coach once iced his own kicker.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. ChiCityBears

ChiCityBears Veteran

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Schlereth hates the Bears for some reason.

Romo stinks. He is average. He will never be elite. If he was not on the Cowboys, the media would not pay much attention to him.
  9. Bear_40

Bear_40 Rookie

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Romo is elite at blowing games. Let's be honest, neither of them has a ring to their name. If JC had the continuity that Romo had had I believe we'd see JC with a ring. Talent wise I think Jay is better.
  10. DaTreeBears

DaTreeBears Veteran

Ratings:
    +448 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    54ß
    If I'm Cutty this what I want these pundirts to be saying word for word. When the media has you as their man they just can't wait for the worm to turn and when it does they will tear you apart.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Calabis

Calabis Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Nice...one guy has been in the same system for 5+ years, while the other guy is getting his 5th in 6 years.....if all goes well, Jay will only get better as the playbook opens up.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. mdbearz

mdbearz Veteran

Ratings:
    +281 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    19ß
    The point has been made, but until either wins a ring or 2 it is hard to consider them elite.
  13. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,482 / 6 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    307ß
    Neither are elite, both have the potential TO be elite, and both have the same problem in their heads that when the games on the line they don't know to pull it back a notch and not screw it up. Bot have a Farve complex and neither are as good as Farve was, nor did they play in a time when you could afford to turn the ball over as much as Farve did.
    • Like Like x 1
  14. CaptainHookShot

CaptainHookShot Rookie

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    I totally agree with that...Would you trade Cutler for Romo straight up? After a few beers I'd have to say I would. I think Cutler has better offensive weapons than most anybody in the league right now(although dallas looks pretty good), AND?,...could you imagine Drew Brees throwing to B Marshall or M Bennett? Shit. Bennet is WAY better than Graham cracker and Marshall has a 5 foot vertical and can catch the ball at the height of it. So Jay can toss the ball within the relative vicinity of his receivers and they will catch it(after doing double somersaults), but we paid a lot of money for that capability and now the defense sucks because we transitioned a lot of money into the O and the money we had in the D is old, like grampa old(Peppers, Tillman, Melton, etc.), and the coordinator might actually be on par with John fuckin Shoop(smoking crack). The best teams of the past decade had the best D. Don't get me wrong, they had a solid offense but the quarterbacks, like Brady is doing this year, were capable of turning shit to gold and freed up enough $ to allow the defense to proliferate. We learned the Martz lesson already, when are we gonna learn the Cutler? BTW, what is Denver's record?
  15. Jimmors

Jimmors The Rhymenoceros Staff Member SuperFan

Ratings:
    +4,021 / 8 / -6
    ßearz ßuckz:
    253ß
    Looking at their stats, there really isnt too much difference between Romo and Cutler, to be honest. Romo is slightly better in most categories, but the difference is marginal at best.

In fact, they are so similar, this is probably their most interesting stat:'

Cutler: 15 4th Quarter Comebacks, 19 Game Winning Drives
    Romo: 18 4th Quarter Comebacks, 19 Game Winning Drives

While they both started 99 games so far, Romo has a statistical edge in most QB categories, because he has played in 127, whereas Jay has only played in the 99 games that he started.
  16. DaTreeBears

DaTreeBears Veteran

Ratings:
    +448 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    54ß
    Romo came into Dallas as a nobody and there is only one reason he made it on Dallas team at the time. His name is Sean Payton OC of Dallas at the time. Both Sean & Tony played for EIU and Payton brought him to Dallas even HC Parcells didn't really know what he had in Romo. Because if you recall when that Drew Bledsoe thing was occurring with Bledsoe playing terrible as usual Parcell said "it's not like you can find starting QBs off the street to play in the NFL." Here Romo was sitting on the bench with a clipboard in hand and not one pundit was saying a word about Romo's awesome league leading QB potential. Only 1 guy knew what he had and that 's right he's the HC of Saints now where he brought a washed up player with a bad shoulder from San Diego to play QB for Saints. What a mistake that was right Sean, Brees sucks he too small to play. Sean Payton what great F'n coach what really bites my ass is number of these guys started their careers with the Bears IF they could of been Bear coaches a long time ago how different the Bears would look today. Shows how incompetent the higher ups in Bear organization are they don't know shit from shinola just a bunch know nothing pricks. Michael McCaskey skipping around with his camera what a freaking quee.. His 90 y.o. mommy still has to run the show. That's why he still takes crap from the fans for cutting out the Honey Bears. His Chippendales idea just won't fly yet but give it time with the way this society is heading.
  17. omc1969

omc1969 Veteran

Ratings:
    +190 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    That comes from Mark (STINK) Schlereth. The guy who pissed his pants during games. Yeah he's a real credible source but perfect for the "Eastern Sports Promotion Network".
    ;)