ESPN: "Saints are on a different level" (A reality check)

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by JustAnotherBearsFan99, Oct 6, 2013.

1. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99
    Expand Collapse
    Assistant Head Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    FWIW.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston
    Expand Collapse
    Assistant Head Coach
    DBS Writer

The Seahawks got beat and the Cowboys scored 48 points against the Broncos (still lost though). You just never know....

3. MPbears68

MPbears68
    Expand Collapse
    Hall of Famer

I thought that last line by the writer was a ridiculous one. Yes, I absolutely think the Bears could have beat the undefeated Saints. For one, either Trestman or Cutler went away from a WCO ball control format that offered the best chance to succeed. Why? I have no idea. We failed miserably at establishing a running game in the first half. And secondly, Brees stubbornly refused to make a single mistake. This defense, despite playing decent against a high powered O, can't succeed without taking the ball away.

• Like Like x 2
  4. ZifanQ

ZifanQ
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler

Yes Saint is a scary team, but I still think Bears could have won the game.

The only brightside of this lose is that it lowers the chance for a playoff spot and that means lower draft picks..

5. a_miljan

a_miljan
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler

lowers the chance for a playoff spot, and ur looking forward to this? that is crazy, i want them to get in the playoffs, because they can, and then we'll see! dont kid urself in one game we will be able to beat anyone (and lose too)
    will think about draft when this season is over

6. Loki

Loki
    Expand Collapse
    Assault Admin
    Staff Member

Which, since that is pretty typical for Brees, you need to game plan for. The Bears didn't do that and they allowed Brees to pretty much play his own game most of time.

7. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99
    Expand Collapse
    Assistant Head Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

Going against Drew Brees without a defensive line is like bringing a knife to a gunfight. Good luck with that one.

8. mdbearz

mdbearz
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

While the score did not say that Brees and the Saints blew us out, we just do not know what would have happened if the score would have been closer.

Saints played a smart game on the road against a team that wins a lot of games when the other team makes mistakes.

If the Bears would have played better on offense, there is no Doubt in my mind that the Saints are capable of turning on the afterburners and scoring a lot of points.

9. riczaj01

riczaj01
    Expand Collapse
    DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

MD, there were a few 4th and shorts that if the Saints wanted to they could have gone for and made, and that changes the equation a lot.

10. mdbearz

mdbearz
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

That is my point, the Saints appeared to play not to lose due to mistakes. Had we really forced thier hand with a couple of turnovers or long scoring drives, then we wouldhave seen a totally more agressive Saints team that is capable of really scoring on just about any team.

• Like Like x 1